Reviews for Unleashed
whimsyfox chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
is it sacrilegious that I want this to be E1 of S5 instead of whatever the BH crew came up with? o.O ok, maybe this can be a prequel. It is awesome! Fabulous writing as usual. lots of scrumptuous detail, I can see all their facial expressions & their movements, hear the intonation of their voices thru your words. You even got Tom's accent and Hal's pauses right. Internal voices are spot on! Love the back and forth between the two times.
VeritasVamp chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Another stunning story! I absolutely LOVED the way you constructed this as a present day and flashback scenes! It was fascinating to watch the comparison between Leo and Tom, the difference and similarities. I love storied of unlikely friends, and this is no exception. And the moment then Hal starts hallucinating about Catherine while talking to Alex...! I stopped breathing. Actually, I couldn't breathe. Such a shocking, well written scene! Fantastic!
Nikki Anna chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Hi Ruby. Wow. I didn't want this to end. I love how strong Toms character is here, and how you've mirrored the timelines, a la Making History. Alex is a little cantankerous, but understandably so. And the flash of Catherine and Hals reaction was shocking and exciting. Please don't do anymore one shots ... Loads of chapters next time thanks xx
HalFTW chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Amazing! Loved it so much, please please please write some more! :)
poppysting chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
I absolutely love this fanfic and all the others you have written!

The characters are so believable and have story flows and draws me in. Please keep writing them as you are very talented!
brookesey chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant - I totally love it. Just how I imagine poor old Hal to be suffering, as he's going through the detox.

Fan - blinking - tastic. I love it. Did I say that already? I've put it in my favourites :)))
Araminta Lupin chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
The dominoes make a very welcome return in this story! I especially liked Alex and Tom in this story; their dialogue is vibrant and funny and you now have me looking forward to Series 5 with them in it!
lozzielo chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
WOW! I thought that this was amazing! I couldn't stop reading as I was so engaged in it! I was nearly crying by the end! Please keep writing your amazing fanfics they are brilliant! :)
Vicki chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Loved it! You can really hear the characters say those things. The ending was brilliant!

Hope you do some more. :)
MancVamp chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
That was bloody brilliant!

"Do I scare you, Tom?" - scared the pants off me!

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Thank you.
make-mine-a-kiaora chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Really liked it. Thought the parallel stories worked particularly well and the characters were captured nicely, especially Leo, and his mix of strength, humanity and compassion. Also, the story of how they met Pearl.

Nicely balances the horror of what Hal is, has done and can do with the fear and suffering of his withdrawal and Lord Harry with the wreck of a man so dependent on his friends and both enduring despite the cost and raging and lashing out in all ways possible. His hope at the end was just lovely.
doesitsaycolonel chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Hello RRR

As stated here the parallel witgh the two times works really well and isnt at all disjointed - very similar to the Cutler/Hal/Alex Hal /Cutler/Wife melange with teh series - in fact I think yours worked more seamlessly. Plastic - yep that made sense really after my musings on the matter. Alex seems so hard to nail down but youve got her - its just everyones so new in terms of writing them. I wonder what you found most difficult? I hope you are happy as its a really great interlude and character study. I like Hal going black eyed and totally out of it as well as the ghost of lovers past appearing to him - after 500 years I bet unlike Mitchell he gets more visitations in a tangible form than just on his conscience. Thank you very
anyother chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Perfect story - sad and funny. I loved the flashbacks as well, very crafty. You manage to portray the characters very well. Loved Alex' lines (he'll grow on you - yeah, like mould).
0positiv chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Hallo rubyrosettared

A very nice story, I love the parallels between how Leon and Tom manage Hal's detox. They are both too on to him to get riled up by his taunting and threats.

And I thought Cathrine was a very nice touch, like a flashback-memory.

I think you've got the characters' voices down very well, especially Alex seems spot on

Will there be more?

Greetings 0positiv
pamela.shandgooglemail.com chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
I really enjoyed this story. It stuck to the original plot which I like and developed it. I think the rehab was as realistic as you could get. Did you just let you imagination go or did you do some research. I like the fact that you have kept our two hero's heterosexual as that also follows the original story and gives Alex a bit of a chance as well as any other possible female character. Look forward to reading more of your work.

I particularly liked the idea of could Alex bring spirits through to the here and now or is it Hal hallucinating.