Reviews for Humans Without Wings
lesthanski chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
Wow. This is one of the best pieces of writing I have read in a LONG time. and it in my favorite cartoon universe to boot. This could totally be made in to a serious, yet very powerful hey Arnold episode. I like how fate brought them together, this reminds me of the thanksgiving day special where they leave their places for similar reasons, and yet are brought together, and made to realize how fortunate they really are in their lives [and for each other]. If this had been a play, I'd be giving a standing ovation by now. You also captured both Arnold's and Helga's vulnerability and relative feelings of hopelessness that had been slowly eating away at them for years, perfectly.

Thank you for writing this. 10/10 would reccomend to anyone who likes Hey arnold as much as I do.
heyarnoldfangirl chapter 1 . 10/6/2015
This is beautiful. That's it.
serendipityrain711 chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Wow what a moving and beautiful story. Arnold realizing his parents have been with him all along and helga realizing arnold has always noticed her and will always be there for her. They are truly soul mates. :)
WintersWhiteMaiden chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
It's wonderful that Helga now knows she was noticed by the one she loved the most! GO ARNOLD!
Minxmessenger chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
I played Don't Stop Believing by Journey because for some reason the summary reminded me of this song so I played it as a mood setter as I read your story. I loved it I hope you write more chapters and if it's meant as a oneshot I hope you write a sequal to this. It was so good that I faved it. :)
TheWonderfulShoe chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
It's not happy...but it's life. Well-written and good to read!
Joesette chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Beautiful. Just so raw and chalk full with emotions. I like it. No, i favorite it to most stories i have read recently. Keep up the good work girl.
Clueless-Major chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
That was just so heartwrenchingly beautiful. A few tears threatened to spill when Helga gave up on living, but I was so glad and happy that Arnold saved her in the end.

I've always thought these two had parallel lives, despite being different. I think you captured their personalities perfectly - from Arnold's "head-in-the-clouds" to Helga's complex and angst thoughts.

I really enjoyed reading this, and is perhaps one of my favorite Hey Arnold fics.

I'm curious to know how her parents reacted to this accident though. X
Blisteroni chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
*le cries* It's so beautiful. Im in school trying hard to hold back my tears! I enjoy seeing your writing even thigh I really don't review much, im always reading!
Bunny7433 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Lots of drama! That was intense when Helga just held back her screams of pain while Arnold pulled her out of the car. I'm glad he saved her life and he saw how much she needed him...that she's like him, alone, and unhappy. I hope you update soon! XD

Bunny7433
alettaj chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Wow. This is awesome. The car wreck was beautifully written and I loved Helga's reaction the most. Good stuff, can't wait for the update.
FullofHeart12 chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
awwww it was cute/sad but cute!
pinkdolphin92 chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Awsome story love the romantic build up between arnold and helga good job
Nep2une chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
This was truely a love story. I was so sad how both were in pain due to their parents. I glad Helga didn't die. This was so good. Please do a sequal.