Reviews for Edge of a Knife
MsFrizzle chapter 9 . 7/5
Thank you for posting it. Even though it has missing bits, it gives the reader enough to be going on with.

The scenes you post here are so good because what you post here fit so well in the context that the reader is left thinking...that the way it really could have gone. I admit that I tend toward a action packed version but you point out that that is not the heart of your story and it does pull away from confrontation and reconciliation.

This is such an angsty serious story that it is sometimes hard to fit the usual silliness of ghost hunting equipment but is is done delightfully with the the MacGyvered mini-fridge along with Phantom banter.

On the other hand, this does bring Vlad back into it. I always felt that was left unfinished. There were way too many questions left about him. Could they really keep him in a thermos for the rest of their lives? (or longer?) I can't help but thinking an investigation in Vlad's dissapearance would inevitably lead back to Jack and Maddie - after all they were the last people to see him and their visit was not exactly subtle. Vlad is too much of a celebrity for it not be followed up on.

In comparison, a trip the the hospital would be a lot less messy after all it is not Danny's first trip.

In any case, I'll be thinking about this version for a while.
Asilla chapter 9 . 6/26
Thank you for this! It was a fun little read, glad you shared it.
Wahboop chapter 9 . 6/24
oh my goodness, I was so excited when I saw this update. I've been wondering what happened with Vlad, and while I can see how this scene would make the main story longer and more complicated, I trust in my imagination to integrate it seamlessly into the storyline anyway. Thank you for sharing whatever missing pieces you can!
Courtney Elizabeth1 chapter 1 . 5/30
Will you be planning on finishing this ?... I just noticed its not yet complete...

thanks :D
Mari chapter 7 . 10/2/2017
Now I got the bananaphone thing RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RINGING in my head...

IT"S STILL HERE!
Mari chapter 1 . 10/2/2017
I CRACKED UP AGAIN AT CELLUAR BANABULAR PHONE!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/2/2017
Ya dun goofed Maddie,

You fucked your own son up.
Lifesgreywolves chapter 1 . 8/24/2017
Hello! I've been following your stories since the begining. I LOVE how Shadow of a doubt is going! I'm going to miss your series. It's been beautifully done, I haven't read any other Danny Phantom phan fiction this good.
I've got this prompt for your stories that has been chewing at me. So in the very begining, Danny was captured by the GIW because Dash and his friends pushed him off a cliff. What was Dash and his friends reactions when they saw Danny on the news in the hospital? I like to think they started to sweat a little.

Also, I'm sorry I didn't message this ask. I've forgotten my account password and the website won't let me get it back. :(
Shadowmaster91 chapter 8 . 7/24/2017
Hey, I need to ask you something. Have you though of a crossover between your dark take on Danny Phantom and Gravity Falls (post anything related with Bill) or Young Justice?
nycorrall chapter 8 . 6/25/2017
Whoa.
That would have been a truly tragic ending.
MsFrizzle chapter 8 . 5/29/2017
I am as gullible as the day my first son was born (he's an April Fools baby) and even though I had various reminders, I completely forgot about it when I read your story. I think it was because the cliffhangers and the timing made me so hungry for the next installment that I just swallowed it whole: hook, line and sinker. It was my daughter who caught on as partway through the chapter as she was thinking "Nooo! It can 't be true! ... oh wait, it's April Fools Day; it probably isn't true."

Pranks aside, it was a wonderfully done chapter building on what is plausible. Even after I realized it was a prank, I sort of wanted to see how this version could develop even if it would leave the story completely off balanced.

I liked how you brought Gabe back into it. I still shudder at the way you used him in a previous April Fool's prank (you'd think that would have tipped me off). As a personal note: the a fore mentioned son recently had a baby that he named Gabriel although we call him "Gavi". (from the Hebrew pronunciation of the name)
Wahboop chapter 8 . 5/28/2017
...well then. I'm just going to leave and try to cleanse that image out with thoughts of happy Danny and family and hw.
553Colinm chapter 7 . 2/23/2017
horrific and we'll written
Lynchie chapter 1 . 11/11/2016
woah
LiteratureGirl12 chapter 7 . 9/25/2016
Uuuuuuuuuuuuhh... that last one was... uh.. well... I don't know how I feel about it.