Reviews for Chosen
Lizardphobia chapter 1 . 5/25
So glad I stumbled upon your stories. You've got a distinct writing style that I absolutely adore. I really really like how you write Jackie and Hyde. In particular, Hyde, whom I think you captured so very well. I can't believe you haven't gotten more reviews/faves. :)
writingtrainingwheels chapter 1 . 5/23
Difficult to be that sweet and in character for this pair good job
MistyMountainHop chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
I really enjoyed this one-shot. You give Hyde a unique voice in this story that also remains in-character Hyde (the best fanfic writers do this), and the emotion that drives his point of view is strong. This is a moment between him and Jackie I would've liked to see on the show.

My favorite bits (though I could quote all of it since I like all of it *lol*):

(he has to admit, having Jackie tucked into his side, her head buried in the crook of his neck…well, it's not the worst feeling in the world.)

(It's not his fault that her hair is naturally fragrant enough that he gets a whiff of jasmine. And sure, she smells nice. But of course she does. She's Jackie. That's what she does.)

("We haven't even been back together twenty-four hours. Can't we fight later?"

He shrugs, jostling her head again. "Why wait?")

(He mirrors her and puts his hand on her hip. It's so warm and small, but he's only touching her because it looks like she's hesitating to tell him, and he thinks this might reassure her. He's definitely not doing it because the last few weeks without her have really sucked, or anything.)

Okay, I really love the next three parts:

("Well, I guess it all comes back to the fact that I love me most."

He quirks an eyebrow. "Not following."

She rolls her eyes. "Well, the reason I had so much trouble deciding is because—I don't know how to explain it. Michael needs me—or someone like me. He needs someone to take care of him. And," she moves uncomfortably, "well, I like to be needed. It's nice. And you're so independent. You don't really need me at all."

Maybe she was right, and they are not ready for this fight. Steven kind of feels like someone just kicked him in the stomach. What the hell does she want? Is he supposed to admit something here? Because if that's what she's fishing for, she can go straight to hell.

But when he looks at her—really looks at her—he can't see any hidden agenda. She's flushed with embarrassment and avoiding his eyes and somehow radiating the truth. He doesn't know what to do, so he does nothing. His grip on her hip gets tighter.)

AND

("But, the thing is, you kind of make me…different. Donna told me that since we've started dating, I stopped quoting Nancy Drew, and sometimes I really think about all the things you say and all those stupid conspiracy theories you care about…I think you help me. I think I need you." She pauses, then looks him straight in the eye. "You make me better. And I want to be better…because I love me most.") - What a clever interpretation of Jackie's declaration on the show.

AND maybe my absolute favorite part:

(He wants to tell her that she's wrong, that he needs her, too, but he's never said those words to anyone, and they're just too big and frightening, so instead he leans down and kisses her.

He'll say them some other time.) - I LOVE that Hyde admits (to himself) that he needs her. This was something we see in season 5, and it's something we *should* have seen in subsequent seasons.

Thank you for writing (and sharing) this! Adding this one-shot to my "T7S Fanfic Worth Reading" community. :D
tsevca chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
good one.
hptwilightlover110 chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Awwww Jackie and Steven are soo cute together.
I really like how you wrote Steven's thoughts and what not in, to explain everything he wasn't saying to her. Because he does that alot. That's one of the really cute things about them
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Awesome
bravelywrittenwords chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
love it!
Clueless-Major chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Very cute - And very in character with both Jackie and Hyde )