Reviews for Fuel on the Fire
HardSoulToSave chapter 1 . 10/20/2016
I loved this fic!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/26/2016
Lovely! Now off I go to read the sequel!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/27/2016
imagine if Molesley walked in right then XD
Mimi chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
Wow! Such raw passion! So intense. I'm so glad you decided to continue this - I'm off to ready the sequel!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Fascinating challenge you set yourself here. It made sense that you kept driving home the point that they weren't thinking: otherwise, neither of them would have let it get that far. It's also fun to wonder how differently their lives might have gone if this had actually happened, and how different and immature they both would have been in their (very likely immediately subsequent) marriage. It certainly wouldn't have had the exact dynamic that we saw in S3, although it would be interesting to see what chain of events would be required to get them to something approaching that dynamic. Wow, the repercussions of this, them being married throughout WW1, no Pamuk, Livinia, or Carlisle, an heir much sooner, the disbelieving / suspicious reactions of the rest of the family (and society) to the hurried wedding, Matthew's spinal injury, and the distinct possibility that events are sufficiently different to allow him to outlive Robert...wow, that's an appealing AU. :)
igally chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
One of my favorite M/M stories. You write superbly. Thank you.
luvgoround chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Love the whole tension thing and the fact that they really are attracted to each other, but in denial, and the frustration within themselves as they are dain to admit it. Matthew's unintended invitation was perfect and now he had to follow through. Mary's acceptance as she saw this as an opportunity to challenge him more, not realizing her own attempt to control ended up in her own pleasure, however unexpectedly, and Matthew too. Love these two so much. Great story and very hot!
forlovealone chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
WOW! I love this!

Their passion is undeniable, whether they are arguing or loving...

Wished that was shown in the show.
paynesgrey chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
This was deliciously hot! Loved it!
Hazel chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
This is my first Mary/Matthew fanfic and I can't wait to read more!
Pointlessnaming chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
very well written, and i like your concept. but what do you hope to achieve in the way of the future. as in, do they just go back to the original downton abbey storyline, or do they marry after, or did you imagina a completely different branch of storyline. i am very curious to know. great story.
Cordelia Darcy chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
That was amazing! Loved the premise, loved the whole power struggle between them, and loved the ending ;) Nice work, and great writing!
smndolphin chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Absolutely priceless work as always! After season 2, it's so easy to see Matthew and Isobel, Matthew especially, as full fledged members of the Downton Crawley family that it was almost a bit jarring to remember when they were very much the outsiders. From Violet's rude "How about Mrs. Crawley and Lady Grantham" to Isobel's question as to what to call each other and Mary and Matthew had just gotten off on the wrong foot on every count, it was a very different time for our darlings in late 1912 compared to where they ended up at the dawn of 1920 :D.

One thing that has always impressed me with your work is that without fail in my opinion, you stay true to the characters, not just their personalities over the course of the series because our darlings certainly changed over those 8 years, but how they are in specific moments. I went back and watched their scenes from 1X02 before reading again to review it was so easy to see THAT Matthew and Mary in this story here. It was so easy to see how Matthew would be annoyed to see her and that annoyance would stem more from a visceral reaction to her compared to her own behavior at this point. It was a bit hard to see Mary like this because I'll be honest, while I enjoyed her character, I didn't really start to like her until around episode 4 (she won me over fully after episode 6 and S2 made her a favorite). But that also goes to show just how in tune with the characters you are because the part where they ran into each feels like a scene that could have aired on the show.

Poor Matthew accidentally sticking his foot in it with the invite for tea was priceless, but so in line and definitely an indication of what's to come in canon of him having a very very hard time staying away from her :D . Had to giggle at Matthew still not appreciating Moseley yet, which made Mary's reaction to Moseley even more of an indicator of the divide between them, especially when Matthew just completely lost his patience with his presence there.

Absolutely loved the fight and would have loved to have seen Dan and Michelle act this out. There are so few moments where they really had the chance to get in each other's face like this, and it would have been just amazing to see :). You could certainly feel the temperature shift when he retorted back that he shared her opinion of a union between them, especially when he realized how hurtful it sounded. And it was definitely a moment for Mary because it was clear it actually bothered her he'd reject her so, and not entirely because she believed she'd be the only one allowed to do any rejecting, not the other way around, and when he explained why he wouldn't want to marry her ... *fans self* the sexual tension was definitely on a roll and boiled over rather nicely. How priceless that when she kissed him he was completely dumfounded, of course he would be :D. And to quote Stardust, love can be "unconditional, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing". In canon, MM have pretty much run the gamut and it's pretty easy to see where they are at now, so I could totally see Matthew's reaction to what Mary was doing. It's a lot easier to let physical instincts override sense and logic. After seeing so much romantic MM from you, it was very interesting to see them essentially use their sexuality as a weapons in a duel, each one raising the stakes because they couldn't be the first to yield. And by the end of it, it was certainly a draw ... and I need to dunk my head under some cold water.

Absolutely wonderful work as always! And if you decide to keep going with this, I absolutely look forward to seeing what you do :). Thank you as always for sharing your talents!
Katie K chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
OMG! I loved this! and you could almost do a second part to it. Not that a second part is needed. You did a great job :)
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 4/17/2012