Reviews for A Spark in the Night
koko chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
wow...This is an even better story as the original
JackieStarSister chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Wow. This is a pretty awesome speculation! (Sorry if that sounds weird.) This is well-written, and emotional even though you don't go too deeply into what each of them is thinking or feeling. Great job on this.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
,...,,,...,
EpikalStorms chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
O_O... MOOOOOOOOOORE. PLZ?
indria chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
I like your fic - a bit "Star Wars", but interesting concept nonetheless :)
stay.traught.i'm.deactivated chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
So... Yea. I'm obsessing over all the wicked awesome conspiracy theory fanfics about the Legendof Korra. This one is so far the best! :D The second one is Asami possibly being an Equalist double agent that has a crush on Bolin. :3
Cori the Freak-of-Nature chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
I wish that you could continue this... it's SO good!
Bearforce1 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
TT_TT poor Mako and Bolin!
Good boy-chan chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Wow wow wow wow that was so cool! Poor Mako...
Happybubblex3 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
hi, I just read your story and I think this is a real awesome idea there that popped into your head! Love it!

It'd make up a nice long fanfic with more chapters about the background and motives of Amon as well as how Mako deals with it and, as a consequence, how Bolin and Korra deal with Mako dealing with these things.

But it is just great as a oneshot, leaving many questions open for the reader to fantasize about.

The structure is a lovely way to write this kind of oneshot.

However, there is one thing that leaves me a little bit puzzled. If I understood it right, the mother of Mako and Bolin was a firebender, thus explaining Mako as a firebender. As a logical conclusion, I thought that the father just has to be an earthbender, giving Bolin his earthbending skills. Amon on the other hand is a non-bender? Does it make Bolin not his real son, then? Is Bolin the half-brother of Mako, then? Did Amon intend to kill those two for exactly this reason? That the mother betrayed him with an earthbender or something?

Mako was very mature at age six in your fanfic but i guess it is possible that he'd make such decisions, seeing that he has a younger brother to look out for. And is he really hot-headed? I've always thought of Mako that he'd be cool, reserved, calculating, and very keen of having the control of a situation, thus his 'cool under fire'-bending, or not?

Anyways, i don't have anything to add for the character part. You did a great job describing the characters of Mako, Korra and Bolin, especially Bolin, I think.

Please keep up writing, i want to see more of those awesome ideas!

And it's amazing that you typed it all out in just one day. Takes a lot of perseverance and concentration to do that, something I don't have haha
mariposablossom chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Thank you thank you thank you! You just put all the random brainstorming and theories wandering in my brain into an amazing oneshot :)

I love the structure of the story what with the "then", "now", and so on.

Plus all the emotion you put into it, into Mako, was really wonderful in a horrible sense.

That's a compliment by the way :)

I hope you write more fics for this fandom!
Knight-Dawn chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
I like it!

I've had similar trains of thought myself. "What if... Amon was the father of Mako and Bolin?" and "What if Amon killed Mako and Bolin's parents as part of their movement?"

But putting both together like this never came to mind. That's... awful. Yet, it makes a great story!

Keep up the great work! I love it. :D

Knight-Dawn
partner555 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
...OH MY GOD!

The above is my reaction to the relevation.

This is a well done fic on drama.