Reviews for Shadows in the Cave
gnbrules chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Jo and Carter together was definitely the scariest thing of the episode. I freaked out even though the better part of me knew it couldn't be real. And I like that you mentioned another child she didn't know - I totally thought of that too. Anyway, nice work.
cendella chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
In those few words you were able to describe the feeling I had as I watched Allison's heart breaking. Each time she is close to happiness it is stripped away from her. I too had tears as my sadness mirrored her own. You have so eloquently captured the moment.
fangirlu chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
You did a wonderful job capturing what I'm sure Allison was feeling. Like you, my stomach felt sick this whole ep. I didn't like Tess, but I would have preferred her and Jack to Jo and Jack. Jo and Jack are like brother and sister and seeing them together like that was just...wrong. *shudders* My heart was breaking for Allison the whole ep. She lost all those years with her kids and then to lose Jack too...

I also really liked the paralell. My mind immediately went to the Tess situation when they returned from from 1947...I didn't even think of Jo. And "Ironic" was one of my favorite Alanis Morrissette songs. Hope to see more Jack/Allison fics from you...we need them.

Well done.
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
I love that you took on this angle. This succinctly and perfectly captures real emotions that I can imagine her having. It's actually got me reflecting on Allison's entire arc on the show and reinforced why she's such a great character that I love. Well done!
addicted.writer chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Traumatized! Yes, that's the word I was looking for. Traumatized and heartbroken and mad and everything else! I couldn't believe that carter could do something like that to her even after just 4 years because he waited 4 long years just to get her. But that's all I'll say because I don't want to spoil it for the people who haven't seen this crazy episode yet.

PS have tissues at hand!
hatondog chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Allison's situation had me in tears too, as much for the effect on her relationship with her kids as with Carter. This was a lovely way to capture another aspect of her torment.
Wyndes chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
I thought Jo and Jack did a good job of the togetherness. Especially the scene in Henry's garage - it was a terrific reveal. But Allison - wow, she was amazing! I told Tim she's my new favorite character. She handled it with such grace. Um, yes, so review - I'm glad to see that the episode has inspired you and hope for lots more!