Reviews for Far Behind
Ischemia chapter 12 . 8/17/2013
Can't wait for the next installment! Hope it happens soon, because this story is brilliant. As a fellow history geek I am overjoyed that you've written this.
Tree1112 chapter 12 . 8/3/2013
WHY! That's just plain evil! You capture my attention and make the ending all warm, fuzzy, and humorous, leaving readers such as my self content only to expose the evil dark horse with that open ending... Great now everybody's in suspense. Seriously though that was a great story and I enjoyed it, you are a great author. I'm going to fav this. ;)
mad2Bhere chapter 11 . 3/23/2013
Oh, I didn't expect an update so soon. Nice!

I always wanted to see such a reconciliation scene with Garrett and Carver in-game...
They never really talk things over; Carver just reluctantly joins Garrett's side when he tries to protect the mages in the end...
This is EXACTLY how I think it should be.

... And Anders just broke my heart.
DDEAD chapter 11 . 3/23/2013
I just wanted to drop in and say that I am greatly enjoying this fic, and I am greatly looking forward to more! :D I'm terrible when it comes to leaving reviews, that's why I don't leave them often. :$ Anyway, thank you for sharing this with us all. :)
mad2Bhere chapter 10 . 3/9/2013
I KNEW it.
Well, not knew exactly, but I hoped I'd read the clues right when Varric talked to Garrett about hiring some male prostitutes a few chapters ago...

I love how you pull at my heartstrings. That's such a cruel place to stop, though. Please, please continue soon.
Eleneri chapter 9 . 2/4/2013
Isabella does pop in this story. I really like the way you're handling this AU, and the choice of the Roaring 20's is an interesting one. Very well written, as usual. And I hate to agree about Leandra, but... yeah. She does seem to take out everything on the elder Hawke sibling and coddle the younger surviving ones.

Always enjoyable getting an update from you! Take care of that wrist!
mad2Bhere chapter 9 . 1/29/2013
I had hoped to see some more interaction between Garrett and Anders, but I'm also glad to see hints of a possible Carver/Merrill romance. Those two are cute together. Although my head still struggles with the image of Merrill as a prostitute.

I understand how you feel about Leandra.
I always thought it was sad how she would cry over the loss of her two youngest children while Garrett just stood there blaming himself and feeling lonely.

Now I'm back to patiently waiting for new updates.
mad2Bhere chapter 8 . 1/19/2013
NO, Garret, what are you doing?! Anders needs you!
I have a very bad feeling about this...

And the second part is almost exactly the way I imagine Carver's templar life to be. The way you turned this into a modern AU while at the same time managing to include all the characters' canonical conflicts is really incredible.

Also, Zevran the Italian is pure win.
mad2Bhere chapter 7 . 1/11/2013
I can't even begin to express how much I love this and how happy I am that you are going to continue.
It is beautiful.
The historical setting was surprising at first, but it really grew on me. And your Garret is great, but this is probably just because he reminds me of my own Garrett.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
Rabastanka chapter 7 . 1/8/2013
I'm so glad you decided to continue this story! And don't worry about updates - good things are always worth waiting for.
In fact this is the first time I read such a turn in a seemingly obvious hurt/comfort situation. I like it how Anders... guards his pride and dignity, even working on the street. Garret should learn many things from this episode.
Rabastanka chapter 6 . 1/1/2013
I think your story is great and full of life. I love how nuanced it is, almost like an original work rather than a fanfic. That's why my personal opinion is that... well, playing DA2 doesn't affect the plot very much as this is an AU. And personally I (for example) am not well acquainted with US history and the atmosphere you describe interests me much more than the (f)actual accuracy. What I was meaning to say is that I hope in time you'll have the wish to continue the story because it is really rich and full of detail and character development and it's very interesting to know what happens next to Garret and Anders. Anyway, you are the author and your decision is to be respected.
zombie4play chapter 5 . 12/28/2012
This deserves way more than four reviews, you are too awesome and I can't wait for another update c:
C.J chapter 3 . 5/7/2012
Okay, I'm officially hooked, despite my initial reservations (I'm kind of sketchy when it comes to AUs). This is very well written, and I learned something completely new about gay culture; like the fact that it actually existed in America this far back. This whole setting just fits my mood lately too after I just pumped out a ten page paper on Prohibition for history. I do have one thing I absolutely need to know, though: is Anders in full drag, or was there some kind of happy medium for these fairies? Anyway, great story, hope you keep it up.
zombie4play chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
Amazing second chapter! No words can descibe it! You are amazing! Must have more soon, or im going to die... :)
zombie4play chapter 2 . 4/19/2012