Reviews for The Girl with the Voice: In Her Own Words
BlueCorsola23 chapter 14 . 8/7
Anymore?
Whisper292 chapter 14 . 7/25/2018
Beautiful, heartbreaking work. Reading your work always makes me want to write again, so thank you.
zevgirl chapter 13 . 10/23/2014
Yay for writing!

A somber piece, but it definitely rose to a slight crescendo by the end. I liked the repeating too. It sets the mood well, meaning something different each time she thinks it.

"No one was there to protect her baby. Not even…Brynjolf.

She squeezed her eyes shut. She never wanted to blame him. She never wanted the resentment that had begun to creep into the back of her mind to do so. How would he have even been able to prevent the chain of events from happening? How would he have known that she would be kidnapped? The Brotherhood could have killed him. And she'd still be in the same situation, except, she'd have lost him too."

:( Sad.

Keep it going, girl! I know it feels sooo good to get it posted. Woot!
The Cat's Paw chapter 12 . 12/21/2013
Finally getting around to checking this out, and I gotta say, me likey. ;) Gonna favourite it and watch it develop.
Have a great Christmas!
magicalandinactive chapter 12 . 5/26/2013
Oh, this chapter was absolute perfection. The discussion of the smell of old books put a smile on my face. :)
zevgirl chapter 12 . 5/26/2013
"Like the smell of a warm hearth on a cold night," he said.

"Or the smell of earth and grass between your toes in the spring," she added, slowly turning back to face him.

"Like soft leather and fresh pine and years of sunshine filtered in through an old dirty window on to its shelves."

"Like the smell of a good friend."

OMG, this was SUBLIME! Love, LOVE it. Wonderful banter and I'm so glad to see you writing! I do love this. It feels so familiar and so personal. Me thinks this was perhaps based on something you experienced, or sort of experienced? In some way, very insightful and personal, for lack of a better word. But I could be totally wrong, which would tell me what I already know - that your are a terrific writer no matter what the inspiration! Go you!
zevgirl chapter 11 . 11/27/2012
"Ulfric," she replied sadly, "sometimes the only way I know I'm alive is when I feel the pain."

"If you have the hurt to feel anything, Marieka, then you may as well give up on this life right now."

I really liked this. I definitely felt Marieka's sadness, the weight she puts on herself. But in some ways, Ulfric is the star here, with his wise words and fatherly attentions. Well done.

Yay for posting! Hopefully you'll get some more done too. :)
elspethaurilie chapter 10 . 11/14/2012
I'm glad you're writing these. I've been curious about Marieka's perspective. Nice job.
Zute chapter 10 . 8/27/2012
Oooh, Ancano. I always had something of a crush on him. I can just imagine the hate-sex. :D

Good job!
zevgirl chapter 9 . 8/14/2012
"I miss peace and quiet. I miss waking up without a care in the world. I miss the days when the tasks that were laid out before me weren't world changing."

And this is why we can relate to Marieka. This thought has gone through my head many times.

And Kharjo, he so full of win!

It's great to have you back at writing. Hope to see more soon! :)
HowAboutThisForAName chapter 9 . 8/8/2012
Aww... I really liked that little snippet. Glad to see your writing again my friend, it makes me happy.
ppirilla chapter 9 . 8/8/2012
Yay! I'm always happy to see more of Marieka's journey.
zevgirl chapter 8 . 6/5/2012
Oh, lots of emotion in here. I teared up there in the cemetery. Well done, my friend. And Marieka does go on to survive and lead a good life, crazy Dragonborn life, but fulfilling nonetheless. I liked this a lot.
zevgirl chapter 6 . 5/19/2012
"A child. Her child. Their child."

I have to say, Mareka has touched upon every feeling a new mother might have. Yes, stay out of the fray, my dear girl. And just what will Bryn say? Ah, I know, he'll be awesome and supportive, of course.

Lovely insight into her mindset right now, my friend. :D
Ryoko Metallium chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Haha this should tide me over until your next chapter :) Seriously excited and I can't wait to read what comes next!