Reviews for Omen
Ethriel chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
What a wanker! How could a man like this raise such a sweet, if sometimes pessimistic, man like Reed? He seems better suited to sire MU Reed -_- But MU Reed would probably have arranged for an 'accident' to befall the man by the time he'd reached 15.
Glory1863 chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
For some perverse reason, I've always liked Evil!Stuart fic (not that I'd like him in real life, understand). Kathy Rose and Surya had almost convinced me that he wasn't that bad, but then I read this and fell off that wagon. It occurs to me that Stuart wouldn't have thought much of Nelson, either, as he was also small, thin and subject to both seasickness and panic attacks (though apparently not in the middle of a fight). I really like baby Malcolm quietly surveying his surroundings and his dad. There's that touch of anxiety: What's dad like? Do I measure up? Do I belong here? He gives his dad every chance to be a good guy, and Stuart blows it. Only then does little Malcolm go ballistic. The only downside to Evil!Stuart fic is wondering what Mary saw in him in the first place. There's not much fic from her point of view. I'd like to see more (hint).
Begoogled chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Hmmm, maybe Malcolm's aquaphobia stems from trauma in the womb :) I'm sorry to see Stewart Reed being so hard-headed even with a little babe, but it is quite possible. And you describe his thoughts in a very interesting manner, I got a full-colour picture of the Reed family. And even though Mary is mentioned in just a few sentences, the contrast between the two is very strong and rewarding. Thanks for sharing!
Alelou chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Wow. Truly the father from hell. I suppose it fits. This horrible prat's comment about the mother's sentimental streak made me smile a little - an omen, perhaps, of Malcolm's lugubrious farewells in "Shuttlepod One."

Great title!
PBIceCream chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Unsettling, and superbly written, thank you!
VesperRegina chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
But I didn't do anything!

I recced this on my Dreamwidth journal, just now, as a character portrait of Stuart Reed. I still love how this says so much about him, even though it does have that excellent ending with wee Malcolm. That little boy is stronger than his father suspects. Thank you for sharing.
tahmtahm chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Such a wonderful story - makes me despise Stuart Reed even more. Good job.
Zero Credibility chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Ha ha, even back then he didn't like the sea much, did he?