Reviews for The Luxury of Trust
Moni Hasnone chapter 1 . 11/15
The thing about trust is that its not as black and white as the dictionary makes it (hell a dictionary is a book that's quite straight forward and a human mind is anything but that). Melon does trust Arthur with most things including his life (reasons to why he stays in Camelot). But maybe there's more to revealing his magic than just trusting him.

But hey, what am I talking about. These guys are fictional characters and we can make them say whatever we want! :)

Great fix by the way, well written and excellent characters true to their personality :)
EveBB chapter 1 . 1/18
Very well done. I would have preferred a scene like this to the one in the series. Thanks for sharing.
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
I agree that a lot of reveal fics seem to rush to a positive resolution in a somewhat unrealistic fashion. It takes awhile to change habits and lessons learned from parents at a tender age. Given time it seems likely to have a positive resolution, but even that isn't as sure as some reveal fics seem to assume. Thank you for posting this!
AnimalLover77325 chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
I absolutely loved it.
You are one amazing writer.
Dragonanzar chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
This is the best Merlin's-magic-is-revealed scene I've ever read! So true to their characters, I could hear their voices saying the words. About trust...I think Merlin does trust Arthur: he trusts the prince to fight for what he sees as right. He trusts Arthur to be noble. He trust Arthur to be a prat with occasional moments of non-prat behaviour. But no, he doesn't trust Arthur with his secret so he cannot say he trusts Arthur wholeheartedly.

Anyway, thanks for writing!
XphiaDP chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Ouch. That hurt. But still, this was amazing!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
more chapters!
Qwerts chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
First word that comes to mind: interesting. (Your view on the "trust" thing, I mean.) I suppose, when you take trust and look at what the word really mean, then... well, it makes you completely correct. I'll admit I never thought of it before. However, I do like to think Merlin trusts Arthur. Not with his magic secret, obviously, but with other things, magic aside. Then again, though, I suppose that poses another question in its own right- do you have to trust a person completely to truly "trust" them? Stuff for me to think about, after reading this, I suppose. :)
"Trust thoughts" aside, the writing was good and Arthur's reaction realistic. :) Good job! I won't lie, though, the last two lines were pretty heartbreaking. :(
Guest chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
I liked your story until the end. With the whole trust issue. I think Merlin always trusted Arthur as a friend. He just trusted he'd choose duty over a friend (Merlin did that himself). It was more of an issue with what he'd lose (not his life but his friendship) rather than trust. Plus Merlin was always told to keep his magic a secret, just like Arthur with his prejudices. So I see how Merlin does trust Arthur with everything but his magic.
kristi chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
That. Was. Amazing. You seemed to capture Arthur's reaction perfectly. I think Merlin was a little off, but I don't know in what way so it was still really good!
anita4869 chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
I think this is brilliant. I've read sooo many magic reveals and their following conversations that start really promising and then end with non-realistic cheesy lines or with Arthur just forgetting that he has, in fact, been betrayed (because it's true, even if I understand and support Merlin's reasons and I think it's the best choice - at least at this point of the series), and just happily accepts everything and all conflict just disolves. That never felt right to me and this has been a nice change. I really really liked it.
tasneembhuiyan chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Can you continue the story? I really want to know what happens next!
Cha'90 chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
I agree with you that despite his words Merlin's actions show that he doesn't really trust Arthur. What still grates me is that so many people seem to think that it's up to Arthur to decide if Merlin gets to live or will be executed. Merlin's saved his life so many times. Shouldn't that negate him being a sorcerer automatically? Yes, Arthur doesn't have to trust him or he could banish him, but why does Merlin always have to defend himself or offer himself up to Arthur's mercy?
Grace chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
This was really good! I think you got the Merlin's sass down really well. Thanks for writing
Faith chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Do it again, but from Arthur's point of view. It was really good, by the way.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »