Reviews for The Luxury of Trust
fireicewriter42 chapter 1 . 9/4
Loved it. Broke my heart, but I loved it.
M1ssUnd3rst4nd1ng chapter 1 . 8/7
Merlin using past tense to talk about what he "wanted" because he thinks his life is over nearly killed me. Really well done here.
why did you post this twice, but just shorter?
It was fantastic!
I know it was a quick one-shot, but if you don't mind, it would be great to read when Arthur finally gets the chance to ask Merlin his questions.
I really ADORE you writing style!
Keep writing!
koala789 chapter 1 . 12/2/2016
I'm bawling. It was excellent but... *sobs*
Lil chapter 1 . 11/24/2016
I wish you could have ended it better. It was really well written, and it stayed in character, that is until the end. Merlin says multiple times in the series that "He trusts Arthur with his life." So it was out of character that he does not trust Arthur in the end of this story. If this is anything, it is an AU.
SuperBailey chapter 1 . 8/21/2016
Merlin did trust Arthur, he just didn't want to put him in the position of having to chose between him and his father's teachings.
AinsleyWright chapter 1 . 6/15/2016
This was good. I like how you wrote this, Arthur especially.
Jesse Wales chapter 1 . 4/2/2016
"I trust you with my life, but not my magic."
Moni Hasnone chapter 1 . 11/15/2015
The thing about trust is that its not as black and white as the dictionary makes it (hell a dictionary is a book that's quite straight forward and a human mind is anything but that). Melon does trust Arthur with most things including his life (reasons to why he stays in Camelot). But maybe there's more to revealing his magic than just trusting him.

But hey, what am I talking about. These guys are fictional characters and we can make them say whatever we want! :)

Great fix by the way, well written and excellent characters true to their personality :)
EveBB chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
Very well done. I would have preferred a scene like this to the one in the series. Thanks for sharing.
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
I agree that a lot of reveal fics seem to rush to a positive resolution in a somewhat unrealistic fashion. It takes awhile to change habits and lessons learned from parents at a tender age. Given time it seems likely to have a positive resolution, but even that isn't as sure as some reveal fics seem to assume. Thank you for posting this!
AnimalLover77325 chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
It was AMAZING!
I absolutely loved it.
You are one amazing writer.
AnimalLover77325
Dragonanzar chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
This is the best Merlin's-magic-is-revealed scene I've ever read! So true to their characters, I could hear their voices saying the words. About trust...I think Merlin does trust Arthur: he trusts the prince to fight for what he sees as right. He trusts Arthur to be noble. He trust Arthur to be a prat with occasional moments of non-prat behaviour. But no, he doesn't trust Arthur with his secret so he cannot say he trusts Arthur wholeheartedly.

Anyway, thanks for writing!
XphiaDP chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Ouch. That hurt. But still, this was amazing!
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »