Reviews for A Place
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 10/23/2014
I think you meant 'condescension' rather than 'condensation' and 'Scourgify' rather than 'scurify'.

But boy, you really know your botany, and lab science classes. Snape is really hitting his stride as a teacher, and developing a lot of techniques that he'll need to use on kids who have literally seen him hung upside down and stripped.

It is so fun to see him in full book pon farr, though, and I am glad he was able to acquire it (I hope he takes some time to gloat later).

And boy, does he ever need to implement some of those safety protocols in Potions. I mean, no goggles? Really?

Ah yes, the inevitable Dark Mark. I do hope he'll find time to sleep someday...
bridgeportfox chapter 14 . 9/29/2014
That was a neat story. I enjoy Harry and Severus stories but it is nice to read about just Snape. I'm glad he has so much support in the Muggle world. He was wise to hide it from the wizarding world. I enjoyed finding out how he picked up his various techniques for teaching. Since his class could be dangerous, he has to be focused and stern. I'm glad the Muggle part of his life will turn up in future stories. It's a nice counterpoint to the magical world.
bridgeportfox chapter 13 . 9/29/2014
The Venomous Violet scenes were interesting. Sprout should be happy to have such a rare plant in her collection. Good thing Severus took it away before someone else was hurt by it. I found the lesson planning interesting, too. It comes from having a family that is heavily involved in teaching, I guess. There was so much detail that it makes we wonder if you teach. The butcher shop scene was funny. Snape working there was bound to get out eventually. I liked the student comments about him.
bridgeportfox chapter 12 . 9/29/2014
Severus and the Jamesons weren't the only ones reminiscing. Reading about the condition of the rare German book and how it was being restored sent me back to when I used to do hand binding and paper conservation for academic libraries. Restoring and preserving rare books was an interesting job. And Severus is right - translating German from that time is difficult. The language has changed so much since then. He is clearly better at it than I am. But enough about me. I really liked the way the science department rallied around Severus. It sounds like the headmaster saw Severus' point in being annoyed at the visitors disturbing his students. I'm glad he understood Snape's side but it seems like Faraday could be a problem. Though the rest of the department will probably make his life a merry hell is he is too annoying. Nice chapter. I really enjoyed it. Hope my stroll down memory lane wasn't too boring.
bridgeportfox chapter 11 . 9/29/2014
I had to laugh at the slide rule scene. I knew how to use one back in the day and I agree with Thomas. It was a bugger to use. The Death Eater impersonator battle was a surprise. I wonder if that will become a problem? I can't imagine that Voldy would be pleased with some half-baked wanna-bees pretending to be his followers. I like Snape's fellow teachers. They all have their own way of teaching and he will be able to learn a variety of techniques from them.
bridgeportfox chapter 10 . 9/29/2014
Poor Severus. It must be hard to take part in the Death Eater 'games.' He is doing what he can but it can't be easy to live with, knowing that he can't save them all. At least Dumbledore knows that he is doing what he can. The pebble spell sounds like it might come in handy for the Order. Severus must be glad to have friends even if he can't share his pain with them.
bridgeportfox chapter 9 . 9/28/2014
I'm glad that Severus was able to make it an early night. Too bad there wasn't anything that was able to take care of the pain. Using a migraine as an excuse for not feeling well at the school was good and made sense. It sounds like the other teachers have taken them under their wings as well as the Malfoys and Jamesons. And the dreaded Mrs. Timolin.
bridgeportfox chapter 8 . 9/27/2014
A long day and now a Death Eater meeting. He is a busy man. I had a friend that was that busy. She was a full-time reporter and also did work as an EMT and a firefighter. I don't know how she survived with so little sleep. I would be dead if I tried it. It sounds like Severus is getting good practice in teaching and picking up some ideas that he may want to implement. As a former librarian, I enjoyed hearing about the rare book, too.
bridgeportfox chapter 6 . 9/26/2014
Severus is certainly been busy. No wonder his friends are reminding him to sleep. He has so much packed into one day that it is no wonder that he is exhausted. I'm glad he has friends like the Malfoys. They honestly seem to be worried about him.
bridgeportfox chapter 3 . 9/25/2014
It's going to take longer for Severus to clear out his bad memories than it will to clean up the house. At least he has his neighbors for support.
bridgeportfox chapter 2 . 9/25/2014
I had wondered why Severus' house at Spinner's End hadn't been vandalized. An empty house is always a temptation especially in a less prosperous neighborhood. I'm glad Severus still has friends in the neighborhood. With all he is going through, it's good that he has someone to talk to, even a Muggle friend.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 9/19/2014
Stoner High (I have to giggle about this name. I really do). I told my husband, a teacher, about Snape's situation, and he laughed and laughed and laughed. He's been there.

And Snape is going to have more trouble with Hogwarts students, some of whom either heard about or saw him stripped naked and turned upside down. Not good for class discipline.

Although with all that lovely money, wouldn't he be tempted to simply work on his business and forget about the war?
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 9/18/2014
Good chapter. I'm glad that the Malfoys are such good friends to Severus; he needs them.

And I like him being able to interpret what Draco is really saying. We all need that talent!
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 8/21/2014
Good chapter. I wonder what's on the other side of that new door on the other side of the powder room?

And it's clear that Severus and Lucius are good friends, too.
Chantilly's Mom chapter 13 . 8/16/2014
Well, well, well, well...I just re-read this story and I do believe it is one of my very favorites of yours. (Why else would I stay up until after 1 am reading it?) I love the interaction of Severus and THE END and do hope (Yes I know there are other stories set in this universe) that one day you'll get back to writing about it *Grins* maybe after Wren on that list of yours.
Chi