Reviews for The Life Before
Court Jester chapter 15 . 1/7/2003
Wow, I hope you don't take this personally but...

YOU'RE EVIL.

I love the story, love love love love love it to the ittiest bittiest pieces, everything was so extremely well written, but...

IT CAN'T END LIKE THAT!

Agh! Mark committing suicide... just not right. Actually, it is right, and that's what I really really hate about it.

Ah well, it was lovely, very tearjerking *sniffles* *blows hankie*
Carly chapter 15 . 8/29/2002
GREAT STORY! I Loved it!
Rachel chapter 15 . 8/29/2002
All I can say is wow. This story was fabulous, and not just by standards. It was as good as anything I've read in a while. I really enjoyed reading it, and I found myself really caring about all the characters, and even though I knew it was coming, April's death still had real impact. This was a very well-done story.
RavenNat chapter 15 . 8/27/2002
*shudders* Great ending! Oooh Roger is so sane in this story...lol. :) I love Mark *runs after him*

Here's some cookies for you! They're chocolate chip! (::) (::)
Sunny chapter 15 . 8/27/2002
Well I hope you're pleased with yourself. I cried straight through the last chapter and the epilogue. Still crying. That was great.
The Barkeep chapter 15 . 8/26/2002
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You leave me hanging like that? How can you do this to me, sigh? You cut me deep, oy.

Anyhoo.

Fabulous story. These things never reduce me to tears, but yours did. In spite of my mixed feelings about the ending, I thought it was well done and very original. Your characterization of April overstepped the bounds of cliche. You put Roger into a light that most people avoid: he's the bad guy, the one you know you should hate, but can't. You ultimately put us in Mark's shoes, as far as dealing with Roger goes. We all know how he feels now. Collins, oy. Your Collins gave me the warm fuzzies. Very father-figure like and wise. Your Mark was, by far, the best. He was so multi-dimensional, and you let us into varying emotions. You didn't let him go into a relationship with April guilt-free, but at the same time, he let go of his apprehensions and faced it. I think that's great. All of his emotions were very raw and realistic, and I often found myself in Mark's shoes. Your story was amazing. I hope you write another soon! E-mail me sometime, darling. Oh, and I appreciate all the feedback you've been giving me!
Lola chapter 15 . 8/26/2002
asl;ejkr;slerjk! NO! You can't leave it there! You just can't! That's too evil! ACK! I'm dying here. You must write more. as;eklrase. This is just wonderful. But ACK!
Sandy chapter 15 . 8/26/2002
Wow. That ending was... wow. I dont' want to ruin it for someone who is reading the reviews first... but yeah. Wonderful and tragic and so sad! Great epic, you should be quite proud of yourself!
sarah chapter 14 . 8/26/2002
omg your story is amazing...you stay relatively true to the characters and give a realistic view into their lives before RENT...im a total rent fanatic and now whenever i listen to the sountrack ill think of ur story as a prologue...jeez all you need are some songs and youve got a whole other play...but yea, i love your fanfic! it rocks, keep up the good work! (oh and btw mark was 1 of my fav characters before, but now i like him even better!)
sandy chapter 14 . 8/25/2002
blah... that sucks. i mean really. oh no, not the story... the story is wonderful... just... why did she have to die? ok... yeah, I know that is what happens, and i knew that would happen... but i liked her! and she was nice to marky! and now he has this terrible secret! sigh. this was a wonderful series, i'm looking forward to the epiloque.
trip hazard chapter 14 . 8/22/2002
Wow... wow... If I hadn't known that she was going to do that, I wouldn't have known. Wow... that's really really good. I especially like the last part. *sniffle*
The Barkeep chapter 14 . 8/22/2002
Oh my God. That was so... well, I don't know if I have words to describe it. It was beautiful, but at the same time it was hard to read because you knew what would happen at the end of the chapter, and that Mark and April wouldn't be together anymore. I love the way you portrayed their making love, and you built strong imagery with Mark's realization that she was gone and the note. I'm liking it. Can't wait for the epilogue!
Lola chapter 14 . 8/22/2002
oh... my God. This was... perfect. Absolutely the most beautiful, heartbreaking chapter of all. It was just... perfect. Their whole night together was incredible. (I'm not very coherent right now.) You must write more things like this. *nods* Um... yeah. And now I'm about to start crying right here in the library.
Lola chapter 13 . 8/13/2002
YAY! A real kiss! And they're a 'we'! *jumps around room, bumps into dresser, and sits back down calmly* Okay. Yes. So this has to be an AU, because you absolutely cannot kill her off now. #O*%POSIJO$*%UO$(SLJG:L. And... yeah.
The Barkeep chapter 13 . 8/12/2002
Aw, this is cute. It's bordering fluffy, but ((sniffles)) we all know that Mark is gonna suffer, here. I love your April. She's very likeable, and when you know what's coming, it really drives that car crash feeling you told me about; you want to look away, but you can't. Please keep it up!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »