Reviews for Finding The Path
So painful, I nearly want to cry. :(
Anjiru Hyure chapter 7 . 6/12/2012
So sad. My heart goes out to the poor SOLDIERs. :(
OneThousandCuts chapter 7 . 6/11/2012
Angeal was probably the most level-headed, loyal, and professional of the three SOLDIER 1sts. Even the way he dressed showed his humility-he wasn't interested in special treatment.

His honor really was his faith, and Genesis' bombshell put a lot of holes and cracks in that. You did a splendid job showing exactly how it happened. I like that Angeal didn't just cave to Genesis' claims right away, and that he went with him not out of belief, but to determine the truth.

You did a wonderful job characterizing the SOLDIER 1st who gives us the least to go on in canon. No small feat at all.
Anjiru Hyure chapter 6 . 6/6/2012
Such a sad story. :(
OneThousandCuts chapter 6 . 6/5/2012
Asshole parents who build Genesis up not for his own good, but as some kind of trophy; some convenient prop in their public relations...

The typical dysfunctional false front and the constant admonition that he should never dare embarrass them...

Hm. This chapter hit home. I can honestly say I'd be glad to sit down and share a drink or something with this portrayal of Genesis. This was an extremely sobering read.
OneThousandCuts chapter 5 . 5/30/2012
You know Archer has just heard some heavy news when, even though he complained of the cigarettes at first, was lighting up at the very end. "That's really...fucked up." indeed.

Archer/ Bob is an enjoyable character. He's brutally honest, but in no way a prick about it. I also like how he keeps his cool in spite of his sudden need for a tobacco and booze outlet, and even more so in the face of what Genesis shares with him-facts that seem to be the "straw that broke the camel's back" for him to defect from ShinRa. Or in this case, the trunk of a Sequoia tree...

I do feel a bit sorry for Genesis in this, though, for his so-obviously misplaced trust in Hollander. One minute, he's decrying how Hojo likes to experiment on humans; the next, he's explaining Hollander's experimental procedure...it looks a good bit like desperation.
Anjiru Hyure chapter 5 . 5/30/2012
Ewwww gross! Genesis! I wouldn't kiss you with that mouth D
Anyways, I liked reading how Genesis and Archer became friends.
Anjiru Hyure chapter 4 . 5/21/2012
kejfn;wjgj! Awwww! I just loved this chapter! So sweet!
OneThousandCuts chapter 4 . 5/15/2012
This (very believable) side of Genesis you show here actually reminds of my fiance in some ways. Now, there's irony for you...The very character that sometimes annoys the hell out of me reminds me of the man I'm about to marry. o_0

Anyway, this is a nice, bittersweet side-story. Makes me feel for the man; having life deal him such a twisted combination of good and bad cards at the same time.
OneThousandCuts chapter 3 . 5/1/2012
THIS is the Genesis I fell so deeply in hate with; a conceited, selfish little prick.

"Hit the showers. I'm not taking you to my stylist smelling like that." I have to admit, this line was hilarious, and so easy to "hear" Genesis say.

You did an awesome job with this side-story. Even while Genesis was easy to dislike, he was amusing. And, poor Archer really had no clue what he was getting himself into...
Anjiru Hyure chapter 3 . 5/1/2012
Ohohoho! That sounds like the logical way that Archer became Genesis' clone. I like it! But it seems like they have a difference in personalities. Hehe. I get the feeling that Archer doesn't really want to act flamboyant and asshole-ish. Following his own protocols seems foreign to him. :P Ahhh but we love Genesis the way he is

I could be his clone! In matters of personality. Other telltale signs would give it away that I'm not him though... LOL. 'Hey Genesis! You're a little narrow in the shoulders and wide in the hips.' *Firaga* Hahahaha. Anyways, enough rambling, I liked this little insight. :)
Anjiru Hyure chapter 2 . 4/22/2012
D'awww! I want to give Genesis a comforting hug and I want to give Zack a more happy hug. (LOL) He's just so cute and happy! And poor Genesis! I love how you went into detail here after the simulation where Genesis was injured. It's like giving more life to the characters, fleshing them out more.

And I applaud Sephy for dealing with Genesis' short temper. :) Helping him down to the lab and all even though Genesis was being bratty.

I just realized the way you wrote the end enabled fans to finally understand how Genesis found out about SOLDIER like he did. I always wondered what prompted him to dig into their past like that. You gave a plausible reason. :) (and maybe it really did happen, who knows? Square Enix is horribly vague when it comes to details :[ )
OneThousandCuts chapter 2 . 4/22/2012
Yikes. Isn't that how extremely dismal medical news always goes? Genesis was just doing his normal thing, started feeling slightly off after a common injury, and then-wham! "You're degrading" Might as well have been told he was dying of cancer.

This chapter made it feel very realistic. And Genesis, easier to relate to (for me). Poor, tired workaholic... Nice job. :)
Anjiru Hyure chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I'm glad you expanded on this. It just feels more real, more terrifying somehow.
OneThousandCuts chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
That's the kind of nightmare that keeps a person from wanting or being able to go back to sleep for the rest of a night. It's one thing to dream of doing terrible things; the subconscious mind can be a cruel and unusual place. But, it's quite another when one finds his or herself fully emotionally engaged in the dream. Talk about packing a punch...But, as the TPWC shows, a very necessary one.

I look forward to reading more of these. _

(By the way-a small psychological tidbit about nightmares: They're the mind's way of preparing for things a person believes, even if only subconsciously, are foregone conclusions. That makes this all the more chilling...)