Reviews for Aral Vorkosigan's Dog
sparky40sw chapter 15 . 12/7/2016
I first read Ms. Bujold's work 30 years ago, when it was in Analog.
I could feel her voice in most of the story, higher praise I cannot give.
Thank you for sharing your own contributions to the Vorkosigan universe.
I am looking forward to reading more of your stories.
Talktidy chapter 15 . 10/22/2016
Wonderful prose. Great characterisation. Very effective storytelling.
MeinNameIstHase chapter 15 . 1/31/2014
Fantastic character study.
triggerpoints chapter 15 . 10/29/2013
Awesome! Thank you so much.
triggerpoints chapter 4 . 10/25/2013
excelllent character portrayal
triggerpoints chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
nasty events but well portrayed
Yanijean chapter 15 . 10/12/2013
Excellent. Feels both like canon and all the holes filled in
FotoDi chapter 15 . 10/1/2013
This is an excellent story. Well done!
You caught the author's voice almost perfectly.
Thanks! It is always nice to find hidden gems at this site.

FotoDi
JamesTKent chapter 15 . 9/27/2013
I just read the whole thing - beautifully done! Characterizations were on point, and seeing events I know from another POV was wonderful.
Thobbit chapter 15 . 8/6/2013
I just read this through for the second time and I just wanted to say, if I didn't before, that it is REALLY good. I cannot, of course, credit you with the creation of all these characters I'm in love with, but you fleshed them out well and the plot developed smoothly and I twice forgot that what I was reading wasn't actually canon. Which means, as aforementioned, that this was extremely well-written. And gods above but I do love Simon Illyan.
Falbert Forester chapter 15 . 7/5/2013
Excellent work in creating a view on events as recorded by Bujold, from a different perspective.

This reads just like it was written hand-in-hand with the events in the books, and yet expands upon them. I'm especially impressed by the bit about easing Cordelia's passage through to Aral's side - it always seemed far too easy for my tastes.

Well done!
the Dah chapter 15 . 6/12/2013
Okay. Damn - this is an impressive story. It fills a lot of the missing scenes in Shards of Honor, all the while staying true to Bujold's story. Well done. Thank you for sharing!
Amanthya chapter 15 . 5/10/2013
Can't remember if I reviewed before, but I consider this fic equal in quality to official work. It fits smoothly into the Vor 'verse, matching known characterization perfectly, and the dialogue, word choice, and tone are as if written by Bujold herself. The origins of the relationship of two great men in Miles's life are explored, and their characters even more fully fleshed out. And it was a treat to see from Illyian's pov. : )
notalizard chapter 15 . 2/6/2013
This is just... amazing. I almost cried. Several times. Simon and Aral are both magnificent. I wish I could buy this as a book and keep it with my Bujold ones.

I think I have to re-read those now, too...
Akseel chapter 13 . 8/15/2012
Well, I think ffnet hates me. I've gone through more technical problems reading this story than usually in a year's time. Still, it was worth it - a very good, rare story you have here. It's as good as any book in the series. Getting Illyan's point of view was much better than Aral's, I think, to better understand his character. The pace was terrific, and the storytelling outstanding. You captured the personality of each character very well. I don't really have any negative feedback to offer - it's more useful than positive criticism, if less pleasant, so I did try to think of something. Nothing. And the way you handle your character makes me want to strive to do better, as a writer. I haven't read the last chapter yet - I did mention how uncooperative ffnet has proven to be this evening - but I don't doubt it will be a perfect ending. (And now let's hope this review gets through...)