Reviews for Aral Vorkosigan's Dog
Scotttheobtuse chapter 15 . 6/18/2017
Excellent!
randomnickname chapter 15 . 6/4/2017
Woah 3
what a ride. I enjoyed Illyan's story of moral growth, political quagmire and discovery of allegiances from start to finish. You gave new depths to all characters, introduced great and likely OCs, wonderfully paced a complex story without ever making it boring, aligned your plot so perfectly to canon that I can't imagine things having worked out even a hitch differently in the author's mind, and found a personal style so close to Bujold's that I suspect you to be her in disguise.
Never have I read a work of fanfiction that complements the original story in such a flawless manner. This is an extraodinary feat, and I am extremely grateful to have found this. Will read it again. Thank you, with all my heart.
-randomnickname
randomnickname chapter 13 . 6/4/2017
Ouch. Such a skilled, intelligent men, and still a mere pawn in a game were the fates of thousands are decided. Sorry Illyan. I love how ferociously he embraced his blooming loyalty to Aral.
randomnickname chapter 12 . 6/4/2017
Ha. Illyan is certainly smart enough to see through this horrendous lie. And his evasive maneuvering was plain genius - great details all over. So thrilling
randomnickname chapter 10 . 6/4/2017
Excellent, excellent chapter. I'm baffled. A quick scene in the chapter, but you've given it so much thought, so much depth, and showed every aspect of this - wonderful. Wow. I'm STUNNED.
randomnickname chapter 9 . 6/4/2017
Wow, such a thrilling, high-suspense chapter! Loved the space exploration. So great, dang!
randomnickname chapter 7 . 6/4/2017
Oooooh, Illyan's battle of conscience and loyalty are captivating and complex. This gets better and better. Also, the Prince! and all of your OCs are spot on, young enseign Beauregard or the prison gaurd for example. Great!
randomnickname chapter 5 . 6/4/2017
Oooh, this is so fabulous, I can't add anything despite: thrilling, balanced, perfect. Love this!
randomnickname chapter 3 . 6/4/2017
I love the exploration of the chip's impact on Illyan's personal life and way of thinking.
Haven't read the serie past Barrayar yet (I'm kinda twenty years late on the Vorkosigan train) so I can't tell how much of the world-building is yours and how much is established later on by the series, but this works perfectly well, is a delight to read and feels complex and rewarding to the reader. Tour de force!
randomnickname chapter 2 . 6/4/2017
Great action scenes! Perfect world-building! I love you already, author.
randomnickname chapter 1 . 6/4/2017
Wow, could be straight from a McBujold book. The political intrigues, and more insights in the complex time lapse in the book...that's great writing, and I'm enjoying it immensely. Also, great world-building, and Illyan is a fascinating character to study.
sparky40sw chapter 15 . 12/7/2016
I first read Ms. Bujold's work 30 years ago, when it was in Analog.
I could feel her voice in most of the story, higher praise I cannot give.
Thank you for sharing your own contributions to the Vorkosigan universe.
I am looking forward to reading more of your stories.
Talktidy chapter 15 . 10/22/2016
Wonderful prose. Great characterisation. Very effective storytelling.
MeinNameIstHase chapter 15 . 1/31/2014
Fantastic character study.
triggerpoints chapter 15 . 10/29/2013
Awesome! Thank you so much.