Reviews for ROG on Vacation
should b studying chapter 4 . 4/10/2006
i love and hate how well written this is! i believe u did an amazing job on the plot and characters. only thing is, i've read this for the past three hours instead of studied for my pre-calc test coming up in, oh, nine hours, six of those hours of which must be spent sleeping...sigh...enough about me...you did wonderful and i can't wait to read the sequel after my exam.

/\ /\...
kazhdu chapter 3 . 8/31/2005
Hi!

This is one of the best LotR crossovers I've read! (There is only one other that catched my fancy : 2436536)

Usually, people always place the characters with the fellowship of the ring and maybe it's a bit judgmental of my part, but I feel the books don't need addition and people always seem to make Tolkien's characters less then they are and or have the character they include (whichever fandom they pull them from) save the day, or pairing up with Legolas, Aragorn or Boromir who are always totally OOC. Not to mention, most of them follow the movies and rarely have read the books. It may be a bit snobbish of me, but it makes me kind of sad to see the books discarded in favor of the movies, especially since the movies (though the first one was rather close to the book) in my opinion don't do them justice by far, very very far. Sometimes I wonder if having the movies made was such a good thing... (Same thing with the Harry Potter movies, I liked the first one, but the second made me grit my teeth and when some very well meaning friends dragged me to the third, I almost left the cinema after 15 minutes!)

Well, enough of my babbling, I'm going to read the sequel now.

Ciao

Kazhdu
seer-cassandra chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
Was Hamlet mad or only pretending to be. If only I knew the answer to that one, I'd pass my English exams with flying colours.

Love this fic, from what I've read of it so I far and can't wait to go on and finish it.
Wanderer D chapter 3 . 2/13/2005
You know, I have read and re-read this story and its sequel many times, it remains one of my favorites to date... and I just realized... I hadn't made any reviews of it!

Anyway, I guess it's better late than never eh? Just have 1 question: When Sandir turns up, the page says "Sir" Adam, is that a proper title? I mean, was Adam beknighted or was it just a form of address? Just wondering...
Nebula chapter 4 . 7/27/2004
This was an excellent story. You managed to keep all the characters in character pretty well and managed to keep the plot moving and interesting. On my way to read the sequel!
Florida Chic chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
Awesome! that is so cool! i am so glad u finished it, i hate it when u read something and get into it and then its like... two weeks before the next bit gets up and ur not into it nemore! i luved it!
polgara-5 chapter 4 . 1/26/2003
This was wonderful, I really enjoyed it. I loved Methos always finding away around the truth, but when it came out. Marvelous. Ok, going to the sequel now.
hippydeath chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
cool. this looks interesting. it's a crossover i've been toying with, so this may be of use.
K. O'Brien chapter 3 . 11/4/2002
Loved it! awesome story - I'm looking forward to reading its sequel.
Ngia chapter 7 . 10/23/2002
Wow! I was looking for something interesting to read after weeks of wheedling through LOTR fiction and I found something totally unexpected _ neeat! neat! neat! _, I must admit to not knowing much about Methos and Duncan MacCleod, from the T.V series of Highlander, and having a devout love of Lotr, this takes the cake. I've read some crossovers of HL and Lotr, some either poorly done or so non-canon the characters are unrecognizable. Your fiction is an exception. Both Canon, amusing and down right intoxicating lol for nearly three hours I haven't been able to peal my face from the comp screen. Scarey realisation. A very well done and exciting tale. I look forwards to reading the sequel, as of now shuffling along to it! _
JeanB chapter 27 . 9/22/2002
Cheysuli:

ROG means Real Old Guy (or something like that) regarding the fact, that Methos is 5000 years old and therefore the oldest Man alive (I think MacLeod and his friends used to call him that way)
JeanB chapter 26 . 9/22/2002
Um, ok, this is one of my first reviews, err, anyway I just read your story and I'm stunned! I dare to say that this was the best Fiction I've ever read. Well done characters, solid storyline, good use of stylistic devices... wow! You are talented! (PS: if I've made any mistakes regarding choice of words, spelling, etc pardon me for I'm not a native speaker ;) )

Keep on writing please :)
GenieC chapter 27 . 9/21/2002
Great story. The first HL/LOTR fic that I found that's actually well written! I've almost given up hope of ever finding one! Can't wait to read the sequel! Great job! :)
Deanie chapter 13 . 9/10/2002
Great story. I'm looking forward to the rest. The best stories are ones that write themselves, and don't go by what you have planned :)
cal chapter 27 . 9/8/2002
hey, cool story. looking forward to reading the sequel. thanks for writing and that medical prob you have, hope you are better soon.
109 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »