Reviews for Facing the Past, Creating the Future
TJ Jordan chapter 4 . 1/9
Okay, not the ending I was hoping for, but it was still okay. I did like that you dove deep into the hurt and old wounds that are in the story. I could feel the pain and suffering from Mercedes and Edmond (aka the Count of Monte Cristo). In fact, I feel bad that the love between Mercedes and Edmond has been destroyed by betrayal (both in the present and the past). It makes me sad that they might never be together. But I can that is the point of the story. Our choices led us to certain areas that we don't expect to get to. I actually like that.

The conversations were really done well and I like that you kept true (in a way) to the novel. It felt like I was in that time-period. I will admit that I did enjoy this story in a way. There were moments that I liked and then there were moments that I thought were just okay. It wasn't bad or horrible, just okay. I guess I'm more of the happy endings and stories that tell how lost love can once again be found.

This story ends in a more hopeful way and it does so in a great way. Like the final line that Mercedes says "Whenever you prove otherwise, Count," now that was a pretty good line. It leaves on a note that there is hope for their lost love and that there is a possibility that they might end up back together. I like that (in a way).

Well, I just want to say thank you for a great story. I liked it and I hope you do more Count of Monte Cristo stories soon. :)
FrenzyVammi chapter 4 . 1/6
Oh yeah! get together!
I'd love to see those awkward moments !
Frenzyvammi chapter 2 . 1/6
mostly this is angst LOL
damn the count has yet to lose his touch of mysteries and dangerous air
the phrase"I could be anyone" chilled up my bones!
so far.. I love this couple :D
but sadly not there're not many fic in this section TT
TJ Jordan chapter 3 . 5/29/2013
This story is so amazing! I love what you done to make this! You are one amazing writer!

Anyway, I thought it was truly amazing how you show the damage that Edmond and Mercedes have got inside them. You can totally see that they have truly changed. It's sad that they keep pushing each other away. They both know that things are different and that nothing is the same. But that doesn't mean that they have to be apart. I mean, they are in love. Nothing can change that. Their love has survived through the ages that they have been apart. That should mean something. No one should have to punish themselves and reject every happiness that comes along. Mercedes and Edmond should rekindle their relationship and continue where they left off.

Please update soon! I want to read more! :)
TJ Jordan chapter 3 . 5/29/2013
A great story. I love it!

I hope that Edmond and Mercedes get back together. The book disappointed me when they didn't. I hope you have a happy ending.

Anyway, I thought it was tearful that Mercedes was smiling at Albert and Edmond. It showed that she was finally healing and growing more closely to Edmond again.

Please update soon! I love this story! I want to see an amazing conclusion. You are doing great! :)
TJ Jordan chapter 2 . 5/29/2013
This is getting interesting. I'm guessing that you have taken pieces from the movie and from the book. I mean, with Mondego dead, either by Edmond's hand or his own, and by the fact that Mercedes has confirmed that Albert is Edmond's son, you're taking pieces from both of them. I love that! :)

I cannot wait to see where this story goes next! This is so amazing! Thank you for creating this! :)
TJ Jordan chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Wow! This was beautifully written. I love how you show the damage that Mercedes and Edmond have been through. It really shows that they are still in love with each other. You do an amazing job at writing this story.

Thank you so much for creating this! :)
swfan101 chapter 2 . 12/9/2012
So cute. I hpoe you post more!
laurabms chapter 2 . 8/6/2012
So what have I to say? I really love this book, it is my favourite one! And I really enjoyed reading you One Shot but I think you should continue writing a part 3. Know if he is really have an opurtunity with her. I really want to think that they belonged together...

When I read the book I thought that they will end up together and when I really read their last conversation I was... "can't be! She should gave him a try after all, he was the love of her life, her was the love of his life and they moved on different paths? C'mon Dumas, you can't do this..." and then I almost cry a lot because they ended up together everywhere in every story like the movie, soap novel, series...

So I would like to see how you ended up your short story if didn't ended here.

Amazing job by the way. I wasn't able to write in such strong characters and story. So Congratilations! It's really awesome. I loved it.
DuckiePray chapter 2 . 6/20/2012
Wow. The sheer emotional turmoil you've captured between the two of them is breath-taking, and completely realistic. Romance has the danger of coming off cheesy so easily, and you are achieving quite the opposite. It WOULDN'T be easy for everything to just go back to normal again. They couldn't. What she said is right - they're both different people, different for everything they've gone through, and all the injustices life has presented to them. But my heart hopes they can find a new understanding, not just based on the past, but on where they are now. It would be a shame for the second chance to be wasted.
Akela Victoire chapter 2 . 6/13/2012
Once again, great work on this, Aiste!
OldStoneface chapter 2 . 6/7/2012
Another solid chapter with some interesting interactions. I hope that you will begin to work past the very obvious internal conflict soon and move into more interpersonal conflict. ;-)
Preppy-Stealthy-Ninja chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
There was so much conflict, drama and excitement filled just in one chapter. It really was vividly and beautifully written. I sympathizes with the heroine and enjoyed reading it.

Great job! )
Akela Victoire chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
I do not know this fandom at all, yet I was able to enjoy this. It really does feel like something out of a historiecal fiction book...

Great work!
2. Jhuoiiy Marie Boboli chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
..hm.

Well... It doesn't say complete anywhere at the top.

So I guess you'll be adding more to this, yeah?

Haha _

Anywhat..

I don't really know -but while reading this, I'm somewhat getting the idea that he's not really there.

Lol, nevermind.

;D ByTheWay, you yo'self have beautyfull descriptions, Princess!