Reviews for Redemption
Nargothrond chapter 7 . 2/9
I wonder what would happen if one of the Valar were tossed into Middle-earth... and lost their powers... FOOD FOR THOUGHT. *wink, wink*
MaiWishes chapter 4 . 9/17/2016
Im not sold on this He's Just Misunderstood. I like to hear both sides of a story but turning things on their head for the sake of feels is just so fanfiction-y. A lot of writers dont understand the difference between telling the other side and making things OOC. Also acknowledging a character is dark and a villain doesnt make them one, you have to show it. I know its an old story so I guess it doesnt matter. But its a shame is premise could have been a great and touching one.
chisscientist chapter 7 . 8/18/2016
That's actually not a bad idea, helping the second born. Good for him.
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 7 . 3/3/2015
This was a great story! Love how Gandalf came in at the end.
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 6 . 3/3/2015
:D
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 5 . 3/3/2015
Yes! I'm really enjoying this.
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 4 . 3/3/2015
*sobs*
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 3 . 3/3/2015
I really liked the reference to Gandalf!
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 2 . 3/3/2015
Poor Sauron, again. :'(
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
I like your Sauron stories!
dmichelle312 chapter 7 . 3/1/2015
I just love this story. I love redemption fics/stories (most of them anyway, a few of those I have many mixed and confused feelings about them, not about the redemption itself or even the redeemed character, but about how the writer bring about the redemption, sometimes with veiled threats, cruelty and some coercion rather than gentle care and nurturing empathy, those writers/fanfics miss the point and I do not enjoy that kind of stories). I love fanfics in which messed up, broken characters or villains are redeemed and healed and then help redeem and heal others in turn, doing much good in the world and making a difference in the lives of others, I am rather fond of those fanfics and I definitely have a soft spot for them.

I enjoy reading these kinds of redemption fanfics about characters such as Barrie's James "Hook", Zelda Twilight Princess' Zant, R.A Salvatore's Jarlaxle, and of course, Tolkien's Mairon and Melkor (there are others too, but those are the ones I have in mind at the moment). I prefer fanfics over the original works because unlike the authors of the original works, fanfic writers are much more flexible to say the least, write "non linear" stories, write different versions of the same story with different experiences and character developments for the same character depending on the story and in which direction they are taking the character at that point, and because of that, they are much more willing to explore and experiment with different paths a character can take. Not everything in fanfics has to be canon, conservative, linear, or set in stone (those that are like that are boring and not much different from the original works).

The authors of the original works rarely if ever do that. One of many examples: It's obvious to me that Tolkien never had any intention of redeeming/saving/fixing Sauron or Melkor. But you a fanfic writer did it, you had enough compassion and empathy to do so (your fics; "Brothers", "Decisions", "Redemption", "Promise", "Reclamation"...). Those fics you wrote brought tears of sadness, compassion, and joy to my eyes. I haven't cried or even smiled like that in a long time. Because you gave them hope, redeemed them, healed them, and lavished your compassion and love on them through Namo, Vaire, Nienna, Manwe, Beren, Luthien, Finrod, etc, which is much more than Tolkien or some fanfic writers ever did.

Also, not onlt do the authors of the original works, authors who are PAID to write (those authors and their characters are OWNED by big, greedy, money-hungry, pressuring publishing companies/corporations and those authors sadly go right along with it, they have sold out to those corporations and they have been co-opted) rarely if ever redeem and heal their poor messed up, broken characters or villains, they, in most cases, kill off half of their characters and destroy the friendships of the other half because they have this insane notion that in order to keep the series going, no character can be allowed to remain either alive or happy. It's all about them (the authors of the original works) making money for their choiced greedy, pressuring corporations that now OWNS them. See R.A Salvatore's The Legend of Drizzt or Helen Cunningham's Starlight and Shadows trilogy for example (I gave up on the FR original works since they are too depressing for my taste and I stick to the fanfics. I really didn't appreciate Cunnigham killing off all the people Liriel loved, and Salvatore killing off Drizzt's wife along with most of his friends and destroying Jarlaxle's friendship with Artemis).

Thank you so much for writing those fics, they really warm my heart. And seeing how popular your fanfic "Redemption" is and the tons of reviews it got still surprise me, not because the story is not good (quite the contrary), but because I've been treated like a freak and a weirdo by quite a few people for enjoying these kinds of redemptions fanfics, those people were hellbent on the idea that those messed up characters or villains are totally unredeemable, don't "deserve" a second chance, could never possibly be victims of circumstances that are out of their control (or of a worse villain), could never amend their ways and help others do the same, etc. They seemed disgusted by the idea of compassion and empathy for those characters or fanfics redeeming and rehabilitating those characters. Those people's lack of compassion and empathy for messed up, broken people or villains is what frankly sickens me, and I feel sorry for those people, they are blind to and in denial about their own issues. Also, as the saying goes, haters gonna be haters.

And I'm glad that those redemption fanfics of yours are so popular and loved by many (and I myself love them very much). I love how you portray Mairon, Namo and various other characters. I'm currently reading your sequel, "Declaration". Thanks again, and keep up the good work. :)
Mirlasse chapter 7 . 6/11/2014
Very good!

It's very interesting to see "what-if" stories, especially on influential characters like Saur- er, Mairon.

Am onto the sequel now!
Rhovaniel chapter 7 . 5/30/2014
How come did I never read this? This is absolutely brilliant! The way you portray Sauron/Mairon, so vulnerable and broken, is so unique, his need to be forgiven is almost palpable. And writing Mairon and Olórin as brothers worked wonderfully! Definitely going into my fav list :)
Guest chapter 7 . 5/20/2014
For gods sake! Why did this not happen in original story? It is so beautiful, so kind, so fullfiled with love and forgiveness, so... I am almost speechless. I really want this to happened in original story. At least, this version of Mairons fate is in your fantastic and charming fanfiction. I am grateful, that I could read this.
Ethyrin Kairos chapter 7 . 1/14/2014
Lovely lovely warms the heart!