Reviews for The Moment of Truth
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Oh look! Something with mentions of Rodolphus/Rabastan that I haven't read! Thank you for giving this one to me. :D Sorry for taking so long with these prize reviews, also. I'm well aware that I'm a failure.

Overall this is a very… I almost want to say "fun" read, but that adjective seems insufficient. Enjoyable, then. Clever.

I'd say I knew it was coming (the Rodolphus/Rabastan, that is), but I'm not sure if I actually knew or if I was just hoping hard enough. My love of this pairing is entirely your fault. I hope you know that.
I think it was this line that made me first guess: ""No one would be able to tell if they weren't paying very close attention to either you or to Rod,"

I may have found a typo, or I may not understand what you're trying to say here. "Despite her best efforts, she was all too aware of the not of panic that had worked its way into her tone." - Is that meant to be "knot" of panic?

I could not even tell you why, but this line may very well be my absolute favorite: ""It was rather crude phrasing, wasn't it?" Rabastan asked mildly. "Do forgive me."" I can really just /see/ that, as well as /hear/ the tone of voice, and it's just… yes.

I love Rabastan, by the way. I love the way that while he's sickly physically, mentally he's all cool and collected and confident and smug and just very… urgh. I can't come up with the proper word for what I want to say, but I basically love everything about him.

And Narcissa. Oh, naïve Narcissa.

Lovely work. Absolutely lovely.
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I really like how you characterised Narcissa - how mortified she was, and how she is sort of naive but not as naive as she seems, and how she tries to "order" Rabastan to tell her things but gets all flustered. You definitely captured the awkwardness of this sort of conversation. God, they're a weird lot, aren't they? ;)
Shira Lansys chapter 1 . 4/28/2012

*Too much to form a coherant sentence*

Inkfire chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
I really like the way you described Narcissa and Rabastan here, that little encounter was very cruel… lovely!
homeathogwarts chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I found the ending a bit awkward, but I think it worked within your word limit and such. The Blacks and Lestranges are an odd bunch, so I can see it.