Reviews for Your Heart on the Line
Pheldiner chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Nice story! I love FRANCY! And be sure to write more klaine!
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
good story! hopefully cooper will learn from that experience
trufflemores chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
This is riveting.

You explain so much about Cooper and his life and relationship with Blaine (and, as a result, Francey) in such a small space of time. (Comparatively speaking. I'm not saying this is short - this was perfect - but that the same amount of depth would have taken another author an entire novel to accomplish.) I love how you set the scene at the beginning, with Cooper at a bar waiting to hear about his next audition. He's not merely floating in space; your characters are always busy in some way, shape, or form, and I love that. It keeps the story moving and alive, the characters interesting and real, and the overall effect magnificent. It's one of my favorite things about your writing: your ability to set the scene and mood for each chapter/story. Cooper was, in many ways, the focus of this, even though Blaine's attack was the event that drew the Anderson siblings together.

Cooper is really intriguing here. He's not a bad guy, but he's definitely self-centered and he knows that entertainment is a cutthroat industry. In that sense, he understands the business that he wants into and how difficult it will be to get into said-business, so he needs to be on his toes and alert for any opportunities that crop up. Since the likelihood of landing any of those roles is so minute, it's not surprising that he's on edge the night that he's waiting to hear back from a "modeling" agency. (My heart broke a little for him at the end when his not-so-nice friend told him that the agency was a hoax.) It makes sense that he would ignore calls from other people, since he wouldn't be thinking about reasons behind them that would explain their frequency and consequent urgency. He would make assumptions because his mind is focused on other things, and so he comes across as rather ruthless himself until he finally picks up Francey's call at the bar.

And then he changes. I love how you've written him, how the stark panic of the attack finally seeps into his consciousness just as it did for Francey and Blaine. Suddenly it's not modeling agencies on his mind and his own future, it's the immediate present. He's an interesting characters because he really only has two filters on life: his own future, and the immediate present of others. In this case, Francey and Blaine boldly insert themselves into his immediate present, disrupting his future concerns. Because of the severity of their concerns, they blot out his concerns about the future entirely.

My heart breaks for Blaine especially because he is so battered and broken in this. He won't ever be the same Blaine again, really. He'll still be himself at his core, but this gives new layers to his personality, more cautious and cynical ones.

And Cooper sees that. The magnitude of the situation really hits home for him, a cold shock in a world that has been fairly insulated for the past few years. For instance, he's so used to being annoyed at Blaine's antics of mimicking him that he doesn't even spare a thought about what Blaine's own ambitions are. He actually secretly wants Blaine to be "average," which is heartbreaking because Blaine doesn't seem like the type to settle for average. He wants to be known for something, too, in his own way. Following Cooper's example seems to be one of his people-pleasing personality traits, and it's understandable, even if it does make my heart ache for him because Cooper doesn't appreciate how much admiration Blaine has for him at all. One of my favorite moments in this piece was when Cooper finally understood that, and understood how wrong it was for him to try and suppress Blaine's ambition to help his own star shine a little bit brighter, and how he offered to take him out to see a movie and get coffee once he was well enough (and offer acting tips, which was beautifully incorporated into this, since it offers a bittersweet taste into the other side of their relationship where Blaine feels smothered by the way that Cooper wants to shape him into the actor that he wants him to be).

I just love how you've explored his and Blaine's relationship in this. Him and Francey are interesting, too. Francey is definitely more protective of Blaine to start with, even though Cooper's definitely concerned for him, and his shock at finding out that Blaine was gay confirmed that Francey and Blaine have a much closer relationship than Cooper and Blaine. I'm glad that Cooper was offering Blaine as much comfort as he could by the end, even if he was no substitute for the years that Francey and Blaine had spent supporting each other. That moment at the end - where it's just Francey and Blaine shutting Cooper out, and Cooper finds out that nothing that he had thought was important was really important - was incredibly powerful.

This broke my heart, but I still loved it.

Thank you for writing it.
JimtheFish14 chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
I loved this! It was so sad though with Cooper not being there and Blaine getting beat up. But you should make the Anderson and Hummels debate if Blaine or Kurt was cuter I would love that
aspiringtoeloquence chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Help, too many feelings. *clings*
DiDiGlee chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Wow, this was just wonderful and intense! Fran is awesome, she saw right through him. I love how Cooper realizes in the end what's really important!

Thanks for sharing this story!
JaneConstantine chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Sad story, but awesome...Nice choice of song! It's nice to find another Mumford and Sons fan!
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Cooper is only going to have regrets later in life if not right now. But they won't stop him from choosing his egotiscal try for "stardom" at the cost of his family & friends & their respect for him. He'll just blame himself & feel sorry for himself but do it anyway.
nessyschu chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Ahhhh that was so fantastically wonderful and you captured Cooper's personality so well! I absolutely love the way you've managed to blend Cooper into the Anderson family. Awesome story!
Ooo a jellybean chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
This was such a sad story but such a great one. You did nice job with Coop's struggles especially at the end. Poor Blainers. I also really want to know more about that dance.
mischief7manager chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Holy crap, is this what you replied to my prompt on tumblr about?

IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND ANGSTY AND I LOVE IT.

And I'm so glad that canon doesn't contradict having Francey around, because she's my favorite OC ever.
sexypancake chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
This was amazing! I'm so glad that great Cooper stories like this one are still spilling in, even a week after the episode. I know that before the episode aired everyone wanted him to be this cool, liberal, lawyer older version of Blaine, but what we inevitably got instead was a goofy, airheaded, arrogant playboy actor. A lot of people are saying that Cooper Anderson went the way of early Dalton (aka, when we still thought it was gay hogwarts paradise and that the Warblers were crazy and fun, not stick in the muds), but I find that there's a balance between writing "awesome big brother" Cooper and "egotistical showoff". You managed that here by giving Cooper some humanity. He's still arrogant and a showoff, but he's aware of his flaws, at the very least.
LBQIO chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
really great really awesome fic
AllPurpleInk chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Yay, I'm so excited that Francey gets to stick around! I would definitely miss her, but you managed to work Cooper in very nicely.

Also this line was one of my favorite parts:

"I'll even take you out for coffee afterwards. We can make fun of all the actors that aren't nearly as talented as we are, and I could even give you some acting pointers, if you want."

It's so perfectly matched to canon Cooper. Like the only thing he can think of to help keep up his relationship with Blaine is acting advice, and it continues on all the way through to Big Brother.
Hyper Chef chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Oooh, I like this. Poor Blaine. Poor Cooper. Poor Francey. I like that you could keep Francey. I really love her as a character and I would have been incredibly sad if she couldn't have stayed.

I wonder how this would lead into Cooper being who he is by the time Big Brother comes around. Is there like, a thing in Anderson males that causes them to run from the things that plague them? It would be something interesting to explore, especially since I think Cooper could be capable of great denial.

I really do like how at the end he's wondering just if everything he was doing was worth it. He almost lost his brother for something as frivolous as a modeling scam.

I do want to punch his 'friend' in the face.

Oh god, I just want to hug them all and just keep all the Anderson siblings feels.