Reviews for Jaws
yumyumbear chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
I loooooove this story. It's so descriptive and easy to visualize.
Fish Stick Friday chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Okay, so here's an interesting story. My niece actually got bit by a shark not too long ago when she was in Miami. She didn't lose a limb or anything too grotesque, but she DID get bit, and okay, it probably was a baby shark and not like a great white or anything, but still.

Haha, you know what's weird? I'm probably the ONLY fanfiction author here who capitalizes the word "The" in The Palm Woods. It's like my thing. Every other BTR story I've read, and okay, which really isn't that many outside of yours and Cheeky's, has it "the Palm Woods." I know it's not a big deal or anything, and I could even be wrong, which could be why everyone else has it "the Palm Woods." But even if I am wrong, I think I'll still continue to do it "The Palm Woods." Lol. Yeah, because I'm weird like that. Lol.

Hehe. I can just picture the guys arguing with each other over who gets to ride shotgun. And real subtle, Laura. Real subtle. Kogan in the front. Jarlos in the back. Not you too. I get enough ATTEMPTS at brainwashing without you and your "James and Carlos were falling asleep on each other." :P My OTP is Cargan! CARGAN! No amount of Jarlos adorability will sway me! :D

I loved how Logan reminded Kendall that they had school. I loved how Logan reprimanded Kendall for not keeping two hands on the steering wheel at all times. That was so perfectly Logan!

Great. They're going to a beach no one else will be at. Yeah, that's not ominous at all...

I love worry wart Logan. So cute! And I really couldn't see any of the other guys being a worry wart either, except maybe Kendall. MAYBE.

Haha, what happened the last time Carlos ran on the rock ledge? And more importantly, what excuse did they come up with? Lol.

"They didn't need his phone." Translation: They're gonna end up needing his phone.

Oh my goodness! Carlos pulling his best puppy dog expression! I wouldn't be able to take it. I'd be like, "What do you want, Carlos? Okay. You can have it. You can have whatever you want." LOL!

But Mama Knight IS Logan's mom. Officially I mean. She adopted him into the family. I get what Carlos and Logan were saying though.

WHAT? And you say I'm horrible to Logan in MY stories! You're far worse! I don't have sharks bite off Logan's arm in my stories! How could you, Laura? That's so awful!

It's so odd. Whenever I hear the boys use the term "best friend" whether it be in fanfiction or on the show, or in real life, I always connote that with "there can only be one." So when James called Logan his best friend, I'm not gonna lie; I smiled like an idiot. Granted, I know when they probably use the term "best friend" in fanfiction, on the show, and in real life, they can have more than one.

The phone is in the truck. The keys are on the beach. Aye-yai-yai. The boys just can't catch a break. Can they?

I really liked the bit about if you added all the times Carlos had been scared before in his sixteen years of life, it still wouldn't add up to how scared Carlos was.

Wait a second. James knows how to hot wire a car? Where did he learn that? :)

I loved how Kendall bent so close that his hair was dangling in Logan's eyes. mean...Kogan? Blech! :P

And then Carlos says that Logan is ONE of his best friends. Hmph! So mean! *pouts*

Some people might say Katie acts like a baby in your stories. I don't know. What people are saying about your stories, honestly. But I think it's sweet! You know how I feel about the Katie/Logan dynamic in the show (or lack thereof). So I think it's refreshing to see that Katie actually DOES care about Logan. I don't think you really get that sense at all in the show. They almost never have any scenes together where it is the two of them. Most of the time, they pretty much seem to ignore one another. Yet Katie helps out Carlos, James, and Kendall and Carlos, James, and Katie help her out. It's frustrating.

I liked how Carlos cried so hard that he fell off the chair, but he couldn't be bothered to get back in the chair, so he stayed on the floor.

There you go again having the boys (this time Kendall) throw up. Ew! I never will understand why you include that as much as you do...

I think I told you this, but when I got fitted for a tux for my brother's wedding, the tailor said that I have "orangutan arms." Lol! I DO have long limbs though. They're like freakishly long too. I don't really like them. It's silly, and probably stupid, but sometimes I think that NOT having an arm might be better than having a freakishly long one. So if a shark wants to bite off my arm...

James WOULD help Carlos up. Geez! It's not gonna work, Laura! Quit trying to brainwash me into liking Jarlos! It ain't happening! My Top Two are SOLID! My number THREE is looking pretty good too! Jarlos is NUMBER FOUR! Ya hear me? ;)

I liked how Carlos was making plans to see Logan anyways even if the doctors wouldn't let them see Logan. :) Cargan FTW!

Poor Logan! I guess that phantom limb stuff will probably come into play too, huh? No wonder why Logan will probably need therapy...

Great. There's that P word again. Promise. I hate it when you have the boys say that in your stories! I really do. 90 percent of the time, it's foreboding! 90 percent of the time they don't or can't keep their promises!

I wouldn't be surprised if the four of them actually COULD read each other's mind. They're all so close! It makes me jealous. I wish I had three other people I was THAT close with! Heck, I wouldn't even care if those three other people were guys! Hehe. That would be kind of cool though. Then it would really be like the four of them!

Of course, the person Logan focuses on is Kendall. Did you not hear me before, Laura? It ain't gonna work! Quit trying to brainwash me into liking Kogan best! :D

It broke my heart when Logan's memories flooded back to him and he suddenly remembered what happened to his arm. :(

Yeah. Don't worry, Logan. CARLOS will take care of you! Ha! I said nothing! :P

I liked how James told Logan it was okay for him to cry, and so Logan did. That was really sweet! Not that I like Jagan best or anything...not even close! That, in case you weren't sure, is my Number Three! Three! As in comes after two but before four! Lol.

That's so sad picturing Logan throwing the bed covers off him with only one arm. :(

I liked how the other three were affected by what happened to Logan in three very different ways.

Honestly, when I first read how Kendall said, "Throw you to the sharks," I gasped in horror. I thought that was extremely insensitive of him.

I liked how James was afraid to talk to Logan but still didn't let him out of his sight until he (Logan) went to bed. So sweet!

Logan made a good point. It's not like Kendall threw Logan in a shark tank.

Carlos WOULD laugh at Logan's little joke. *rolls eyes*

Again with the Carlos leaning on James thing. Gah! Number freaking four! Still! Got it? :)

Lol. I'd say that you lost the fight with the shark, Logan. :D

Lol. And then Kendall's response. Though tastier? What could be tastier than Logan? Er...uh...I

Right Logan. Because you are SO intimidating! ;) I liked how Logan said that the shark didn't want to deal with Carlos, James, and Kendall. :)

*glomps you*

I loved this story! Like it was so awful what happened to Logan, but the bromance and the angst and gah! It was perfect! But then again, when is stuff you write ever NOT? Well done, FFW of mine! Well done indeed! XOXO
Siinii chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
This was Fantastic! You are so good at writing! I wish I was as good :)
"Mommy," he whispered, sounding like a lost little child. "I lost my arm"
That part made tears come to my eyes, poor Logan, and it was so realistic too.
I think I could learn a thing or two from you, You're amazing!
Um, can I ask you a favour? I've written my first multichapter BTR FanFiction, I'm not a good writer but I would really love it if you could check it out, its calked 'Bring Me To Life' I think I may have asked you before if I did I'm sorry, I'd hate to be a bother :/
Once again you are amazing and I can't wait to read some more of your amazing stories
SaltTahneeBran chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Thought it might have been based off of that! I live that movie and I really liked this story :)
Sastiel chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Woah. For a sec I didn't think I could read this but, wow. I'm glad I did! That was awesome!
WyszLo chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
(You've read this before...)

1. "Mom would kill us if she knew that by the way." Mom 3

2. "Not even Katie or my mom." It was impossible to even pretend to be disappointed. Carlos grinned at Logan who looked a little confused by his reaction. "Mama Knight," he tried to explain. "You called her my mom. I just really love it when you do that." ME TOO, BUNNY. ME TOO. 3333 FAVORITEEEEE.

3. "That was when he saw the flash of silver rise up out of the water right next to Logan. He saw a black staring eye and then it all disappeared. Logan never cried out once. It wasn't until he saw the blood that Carlos knew what had happened. Logan had stopped paddling and was laying on his board, his eyes dazed and confused. "Carlos," he whispered. "I think I just got attacked by a shark. We have to get back to the beach. Help me?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -SHOT SHOT SHOT SHOT- I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON FOR LAUGHING AT THIS. It's just... Laura... that was the least dramatic shark attack... and from you who has such a flair for angst... I'm sorry but I laugh every time. BOOM SHARK GONE. I like almost missed it last night, I had to go back and re-read. Oh my gosh and then Logan, "I think I just got attacked by a shark." Like, NO SHIT, EINSTEIN. YOU'RE MISSING A FREAKING LIMB. He was just so calm and alkdjfalkdsfj "I think." You're unsure as to if your arm was just ripped from your body? Okay, Logan...

4. "He pulled up alongside of Logan pausing long enough to run his fingers through the younger boy's hair in a desperate calming gesture." Oh Jay 3333

5. "Kendall was frozen for a second as he gazed upon his best friend, his younger brother. Logan's arm was gone." Surprisingly I did NOT see that coming.

6. "I want Mom." Logan whispered." /\/\/\/\/\/3 OH. OKAY LAURA.

7. "Kendall was at his side, close to his head. He bent so close that his damp hair dangled in Logan's eyes. He was crying hard. Kendall was crying." FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE 3333 3333 3333 3333. That image, Laura... you know broken Kindle does things to me.

8. "Carlos had to grab Kendall's arm so he didn't fall out of the truck in his rush to stay with his brother. "I need to go with him!" he cried out. "Please!" Oh my gosh... you went all out with Kendall in this... I. LOVED. IT. 3333

9. "Carlos was crying too, shaking so hard that he had actually fallen off of his chair and was now sitting on the floor. His legs were drawn up close to his chest and he had his face buried in his arms as he sobbed Logan's name over and over again." Oh, Bunny :( /3.

10. "Kendall was a disaster. He had thrown up three times during the long wait and sat hunched over the trash bin that one of the nurses had given him. His face was an awful, sickly shade of gray, his blonde hair sticking to sweaty clumps on his forehead. His eyes were red, puffy,and nearly swollen shut from all the tears he had shed since Logan had been attacked." A. /\/\/\/\/3 You're killing me with broken Kindle, here. I loved it. FAVORITE.

11. I would like to take this time to point out the smattering of "Logies," "bros," and "buddys" you threw in there for me. I see them all and LOVE them 3333.

12. "Looking incredibly shaken, Logan turned to look at her. “Mommy,” he whispered, sounding like a lost little child. “I lost my arm.” NO LAURA I CANNOT. I DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT PAST THAT. 3333 FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE.

13. "The taller boy reached out slowly and brushed his fingers over Logan's hair like he had done before. “You can cry, Logie.” he said softly. And that's when Logan did break. He broke hard, shaking with violent sobs. He was absolutely inconsolable." a;ksdlfhaoipsdhfasdfja \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\3333 MY HEART, LAURA. First of all, I really loved James in this. Second of all, LOGIE-BEAR! :( Oh my gosh poor baby! I died when he broke.

14. "He glanced again at Kendall. “And you're the greatest brother ever no matter what you think.” Kendall tightened his grip on Logan. “Thanks, Logie.” he said with a sigh. The guilt hadn't completely left and he doubted it ever would. But it had eased up a great deal and that meant so much to him. “You're a pretty awesome brother yourself." BROTHERLY LOVE 3333 3333 3333 3333 LOVE THIS FOREVER.

15. "Your help?" he scoffed teasingly. "Bro, I fought with a shark and won. I can do anything!" YEEESSSSSSSSSSS! :)

I love you too 3

Yes, I copied this from the original review I sent you by email. But I HAD to officially review so...
RosesAreForWriters chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
This is so cool! I mean, sure Logan lost his arm, but this was pretty good. I love that you titled it Jaws. That's one of my favorite movies.

By the way, I need your help. You seem like you are a very nice person, and I really need that. I've got two stories written on here, 70 people have read one or both of them, and I haven't gotten one review. Could you please encourage someone to review, or tell me what you think of it? You're an awesome author, and I'm looking for advice or someone to point out a mistake.
BBBA chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Another fabulous story from from one of fanfic's best writers!
unknownymous0 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
My baby lost his arm. :( This IS fantastic- no, AMAZINGLY TERRIFIC! :D
musicfreak1107 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Poor Logan! and all the guys! I couldn't imagine what I would do if I had been in any of their situations...

And I was doing pretty well holding my emotions at least slightly in check until this:

"He suddenly sobered and looked at his friends, his eyes lingering on Kendall. "Actually," he said slowly. "The truth is that he knew he'd have to deal with you three. That's enough to scare anyone away. You protected me. Just like you always have.""

And then I couldn't help but cry. Awwwwwwwww

I wondered if it was slightly based off of Bethany Hamilton's story...

Great story as always though! :)
KendallsCGU chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I almost cried. I seriously almost cried. This was just so angsty and sweet and bromancye and... Yeah, this was just the bestest story ever. I can't believe I'm still using the word "bestest". Lol, it was from my first story here on fanfic. I know it's not a word, but I like using it. Anyway, where was I?

Oh yeah! Oh my gosh! There was so much Kogan bromance thrown into this story that I... I don't know what to say. All I know is that this story was like one of the bestest stories ever! I just loved it SOOOOO much! Beautiful, this story was beautiful. I can't even imagine how hard it myst be to live without an atrm. I mean, I am blind from one eyes, and I guess it could be somewhat like that. But I think living without an arm is even harder. And Kendall, I can't even... I sorta know how he feels about the whole situation being his fault. And, the feeling is just awful. It's like all the guilt is eating you alive, and all you can do is wait until it does eat you alive...

Okay, enough depressing talk. Great work on this! I loved it so much!

~ BigTimeRush-BTR :)
squoctobird chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
When I first saw this in my email I wasn't sure what to think. Look at my icon. It's a shark. It's from a parody of Jaws, which is one of my most favorite movies of all time. I was worried that you had beat me in writing a crossover. I'm not sure that I ever will, but I just feel like if there was going to be one, I should be writing it X

But anyways, you've combined all sorts of my favorite things in this fic. Sharks. Logan. Logan being hurt/abused. Lots of angst.

I enjoyed it greatly and my only complaint is that it wasn't a longer multi-chapter type deal. Possibly a sequel/companion piece told entirely through Logan's POV?
chocolate-colombo chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Whoa. This story was intense. I loved it. Logan without an arm was hard for me to imagine, though. It hurt my brain! XD

Can't wait for your next story!
CelestialSonata7 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Aaaaaaaaaw poor Logie! This story made me depressed! But the ending was sooooooo cute!

I love when Carlos and Logan were talking in the water and he said that he liked it when Logan called Mrs. Knight his mom, that was cute! X3

Great story, even if it left me in a depressed funk for the rest of the day. :P
HowtoRiseBigTime chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
AAAAAWWWWWWW! That was so sweet! I think my favorite part was when they were joking about the shark, I don't really know why. My favorite line? I forget exactly what it says, but it's when Logan first starts the joking of the shark. Good story!