Reviews for Cut Out All the Ropes
booth's-squint chapter 5 . 4/23/2012
Oh wow. This was really profound for me somehow. I think the writers need to take parts of this and drop it right into the show. Fabulous!

How about Bremain and Angels getting a girl's day, thus leaving the babies with Both and Jack.
alexindigo chapter 5 . 4/23/2012
THANK YOU for this chapter. It needed to be said and it needed to be talked about. I do hope that you'll revisit it in the future because it seemed like Booth blaming Brennan for a whole lotta stuff and him not owning up to his mistakes (only in his head, which doesn't count) and once again making Brennan out to be the bad guy.

I get that they're happy now and that's all in the past so re-hashing it all won't help but the fact that he didn't tell her about the letter and then said he didn't want to talk about it when she mentioned it says a lot about Booth. If he's happy with Brennan now and is at peace with the life they now have then why is he still reluctant to talk about it? Methinks he still feels guilty and hasn't forgiven himself for it (well, neither have I tbh) but Brennan has I'm sure. Pfft...I'm overanalyzing this whole thing...I really need to learn how to switch off the 'day job' part of my head (a shrink in case you're wondering, bet that makes more sense now doesn't it). Haha!

Another great chapter as always! Thank you for sharing! )
Yatobu chapter 5 . 4/23/2012
I know Blondie can be a sore subject for both Booth and Brennan. I like the previous chapter but this one so far my favorite. The end of chapter is the best.
LondonLi chapter 5 . 4/23/2012
Well, I'm really glad you tackled Hannah, but maybe you could do one where she isn't happy they broke up? I mean, she didn't sound like she thought it was over the last time they talked, even if she never intended on something permanent. Thanks again for the update. Prompt... Hacker, finding out Brennan's pregnant.
LondonLi chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
I love them this far in the future, still making their brand of bickering foreplay work around a kid! And I always loved the way she went for his ties with no hesitation. Thanks for posting on time again!
LondonLi chapter 3 . 4/23/2012
I am definitely behind on these, but I wanted to reward you for posted each day with a corresponding review! This was a great use of the prompt; I can totally envision Brennan breaking all her own boundaries and I'd love to see them attempt that treehouse! Thanks for posting.
sarahlizlangas chapter 5 . 4/23/2012
I'm so glad u addressed the Hannah issue, really well handled, in fact I loved it!
AmandaFriend chapter 5 . 4/22/2012
I really want Hannah to come back just so they can deal with her on some level because, just like in your story, it wasn't dealt with.

You do a wonderful job of peeling back the invisible scab that covers that old wound for both of them.
RositaLG chapter 5 . 4/22/2012
"Booth watches her walk away and though it's for a good reason – the best reason – he's keyed up and annoyed by the fact that it seems like she always gets to be the one who leaves."

THIS. THIS is what I meant in my first review about brainy slime running down my walls. It's Boothy perfection.

Also, you know my heart jumped into my throat at this:

"He thinks back to his own childhood and his mother's wistful glances toward the front door, and when Brennan looks like she may argue, he shakes his head again. "Trust me, Bones. 'For Christine' is never gonna be on the list of reasons we stay together.""

Of course not, didn't happen with Parker and it wouldn't happen with Christine. Le sigh. You are the best.

THE. BEST.
Amilyn chapter 5 . 4/22/2012
This is really awesome...how all that discomfort and insecurity comes flooding back (as it does). I like that you have them talk-but not talk-and each resent the other for something about the whole thing-like they do and would-and BOTH get to acknowledge that the whole thing just HURT, but got them there. Nicely written, nicely thought out.
Fourth Rose chapter 4 . 4/22/2012
Ha - hopefully that will bring the colorful ties back! They've been super-boring for over a season now, but it really wouldn't do to have that lovely scene play out with a boring tie! ;)
LostGiraffe2 chapter 2 . 4/22/2012
Heee loved this :)
MiseryMaker chapter 4 . 4/22/2012
Delicious reading material. Loved the high-five!
MiseryMaker chapter 3 . 4/22/2012
Cuter than cure. Adorably so.
MiseryMaker chapter 2 . 4/22/2012
Could simply envision this happening just the way you wrote it. Thoroughly enjoyed this chapter!
255 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »