Reviews for Cut Out All the Ropes
Bonesfan chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
This is a nice and sweet story:)
Tartantrace chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Yay! a fic every day - something to look forward to. :0)
RositaLG chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Oh, oh, oh, oh.

What do I even say to this?

First of all: I take it back. I don't hate you. I actually love you quite a lot. I love you so much that I would never EVER write for another fandom, just because you asked me not to. And the only convincing I need is to know that you're standing in that corner of the Bones world and I'm there for life. So Ha! :P

Second of all: Welcome. The Fuck. Back. (Sorry, just got back from Ingrid and my language is know, Ingrid-y.) I absolutely, 100%, in every way, shape, and form, every fiber of my being, etc, etc, and so forth, LOVE your brain. You see the show the same way I do, but you write it better, and for that I'm always grateful because you make me a better writer. Reading your pieces may blow bits of my brain matter all over my walls, but while I'm scrubbing it off, I always get struck with an idea. You see little things that we see but don't always KNOW that we see. Does that make sense? I haven't slept in days so I know I'm rambling. I will explain better later.

Third of all: I didn't think you could top last year's bday fic (which is still my favorite fic ever) but idea-wise, this is pretty fucking fantastic and I cannot wait to see what you pull out of your sleeve. I'm worried about your schedule though. Don't fail a class over this shit, okay? You should be secure in the knowledge that I'm not going anywhere. Pinky Promise. You know how I know?

jadedrepartee chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
First: you are a genius. This is an absolutely wonderful idea, and it's going to be fun to watch!

Second: this piece is brilliant.

I love the thought that things were okay, but still a little awkward between them after the announcement, because it is totally realistic. I mean, this is Booth and Brennan, and even though a lot of people were up in arms about the time jump, I think they would have been disappointed by anything on screen because HH and SN would have been true to character.

And this piece? THIS is true to character. It's not mushy and sappy. It's not unicorns and rainbows. It's just THEM.

It's Booth being dazzled and amused. It's Brennan being impatient and scared. It's them squabbling and bickering and then finding common ground.

And it's perfect. :)
harper83 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I loved it! And I love this idea!
CharlyB chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I too am so sad about the lack of enthusiasm in the fandom. Many of the good authors are loosing inspiration and jumping ship! Personally, I have invested too much to time to leave once they got here, and I really don't want to make the Moonlighting curse a self-fulfilling prophecy! Thanks so much for channeling your angst into this new series. I love your stories and am glad that there are several amazing authors still keeping the quality of the fandom up. Thanks for posting! My prompt contribution for this chapter is: B&B/karate class (pre or post pregnancy announcement).
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
This was very good. We sure missed a lot with the jump in time and that may be why enthusiam is a little down. Not for me; but, others. There are some good writers out there and some of them have done a good job keeping enthusiasm up in a lot of us. Since I've only been reading fanfic for less than a year I'm mining old stories that are just so very good.

That said if you want a prompt how about:

Brennan, "I hate the smell of cooking bacon."

Stunned, Booth said, "What?"
RowdyRomantic chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I so love really good Bones fan fiction.

KlingonGal8489 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I'm so glad you're doing this! I've noticed the same waning of enthusiasm lately, and I don't like it at all. I'm not sure if it's because of the epic hiatuses or the lack of angst this season, but whatever it is, we need to overcome it! Hopefully this story of yours will be the first step!
JMHaughey chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I adore you and this project.

If you ranting provides some lovely fic then fucking rant away.

Best game ever. :)
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Oh I just love it. Just. So. Much. Love. In all the ways I imagined they hit upon splitting apt time, this is far, far better.

And our friends will stay. Because we're awesome. It's a fact.

Biba79 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Awwww, this was perfect. The game and the fic. Everything.

I really thought they were going to decide with the flip of a coin, haha, it wouldn't surprise me. But loved that Booth stopped and asked her what she wanted. Totally see that they aren't ready and I'm sure they will get there.

My favorite part? A fic everyday for a month, best decision ever Ren!
jenlovesbones chapter 1 . 4/18/2012

If the whole fandom needs to believe we're leaving it to play this game, I say bring. It. On. #rendontplay

Not only does the next month sound like a ridiculous amount of fun, but the actual story was AWESOME too! Of course they didn't just settle in. This is B&B we're talking about. :D

Fandom- you're welcome. This is about to be some EPIC REN! #epicren

(I wrote this on my phone! That's commitment friend. :D)
AllyrienDM chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I'm really just a tourist in the Bones fandom, but I wanted to pop in and wish you luck! This was a nice little piece.
NatesMama chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Oooh. Intriguing. I'm very interested. :) And a very nice start. Can't wait for more.
255 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17