Reviews for Cut Out All the Ropes
Fourth Rose chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
Getting 13 chapters written on a very tight schedule definitely isn't what I'd call a failure!

This one is wonderfully bittersweet - and it rings very true to me that even though Brennan misses her mother, she might have the same trouble reconnecting with her that she has with Max, if her mother had lived.
CupcakeBean chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
Oh, I loved this! I always get so excited when I see the alert for this story in my inbox. Thank you!
suki chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
I really liked the last story. chapter 13.

all of these stories are cute and frivolous and so easy to

attend to. And so reality based, these conversations have happened

to me lots of times.

Thank you for allowing me to reminisce.
RositaLG chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
*dies* I apologize I missed this last night. I took a Benadryl and went to bed at 7:30 against my will and didn't wake up again until 8 AM this morning. I swear that drug doubles as roofies. But I had a dream about you which I must tell you later!

Anyway, this was all the perfection I was expecting and more. It made my stomach hurt in all the best ways and I love the suspense in the tone. We know something is wrong, we just don't know why, just like Brennan. That's an awesome experience for the reader because it just transports us right into her shoes. Great job!
thorteso chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
I love this chapter! I don't want to give it away by listing all of the parts I like. I hope that you continue past the deadline, these stories would make me stick with a fandom! (even if I have no intention of leaving) :)
HJ chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
Lump in my throat... I really like this.
FaithinBones chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
Aww this was nice nice. Thanks for sharing.
TemperTemper chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
Oh, I think this one is my utter fav - just gorgeous!
EowynGoldberry chapter 13 . 5/10/2012
I thought it was good.
the dud pistachio chapter 13 . 5/9/2012
I loved that last line! And the line about bringing flowers to the cemetery. Awesome update :)
harper83 chapter 13 . 5/9/2012
I loved it!
jadedrepartee chapter 13 . 5/9/2012
Oh man... if this is what failure looks like, I need to pack it in and delete my word processor.

I wish I had the eloquence to come close to describing the perfection that is this piece - all of these, really - but this one? It's... I think the only word I can think of is transcendent.

I seriously cried through the trip to the store right on through to the end of the piece. It's Just. That. Fucking. Brilliant.

I loved the scene with Christine bouncing on the bed, looking to Booth to make sure she'd said the right thing. And the tiny detail of her almost slipping off the bed? You turned me into a puddle with that.

And then there's the fact that Booth makes a big deal out of birthdays and Christmas and everything, because he is so THAT GUY. And the mental image of him handing Christine a present to give to Mommy? GUH. Just. No words. None. Another puddle of mush moment.

Then there's how you nailed how selfish Max is when he tells Brennan about her mom - not for HER sake, but for his own. Just this tiny discussion between a mother and child over something as mundane as bread, and it's clicking for her. How it's never on her terms. Ever. Always his. And what that does to her. And that made me hate Max just a little more... and I didn't think I could.

And I love that she sought answers from her mother. That she went there looking for what she wanted to find - she did the thing. She brought the flowers, and she sat, and she listened to the Universe.

And the Universe sent Booth to her. (Yeah, yeah, he was worried, but still!)

And I think the thing that I loved most of all was this:

"She always bought two cakes; one to eat for breakfast, in bed," – she giggles as if she's confessing to something especially naughty – "and then another one for after dinner."

"She loved you, Bones. Not birthdays."

"She made me feel like I was the most important person in the entire world," Brennan reminisces. "Like you do. Except, I know you, Booth. I didn't know her. I never did. And now she's gone."

That. Last. Statement. Just GUH! "She made me feel like I was the most important person in the entire world... like you do."

That. Just SO MUCH THAT.

See what that line did to me? On top of the tears, I can't even form coherent sentences.

You've got serious, serious talent, lady. You take these prompts, some of them totally whacky and crazy, some of them - like this one - not crazy or whacky at all, and you just make MAGIC. Pure fucking magic.

And I am so glad that you do, because it makes me want to be a better writer. :)
geraghtyvl chapter 13 . 5/9/2012
Very nice!
TexassaxeT chapter 13 . 5/9/2012
always glad to read another addition to your stories, all deadlines aside haha. it's wonderful how you can pack so much emotion into not a very long story. I've read things 4x as long with half the depth you give every chapter. This chapter vs. last chapter shows how well you can do both fun/witty and deep/emotional. simple and wonderful
Biba79 chapter 13 . 5/9/2012
Awww, this one was wonderful. What a great way to end this, even if it's before what you promised! :P

I loved that she was able to talk to him, and she finds it easier to talk to him than anything else. And he always helps her in the end.

This was perfect Ren! Like Always!
255 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »