Reviews for Unassuming
stareagle chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
well done
jmsings chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
I love this story so much! I love your insight into Gibbs's role as a father figure to his team and how much he can appreciate the responsibility from his unique perspective, having lost Kelly. Bravo!

I had hoped that McGee's father would make an appearance in S9 after we met Penelope and Tim placed that call to his dad. Maybe after the bombing he'll show in S10? Thank you for exploring McGee's insecurity and for Gibbs telling him what he needs to hear and should have heard from his own father.
JoBelle chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
I think one of the hardest interactions to write believably for NCIS are Gibbs and McGee because you're right Tim is an incredibly private person, and Gibbs generally respects that. That said you hit this one out of the park! The characterization and dialogue were spot on, I really enjoyed your look into McGee's childhood and your take on how his dad is with him. McGee's line "My father is not a chronic liar; he never left me to die in a desert." was so McGee-ish, dismissive of himself, pointing to the 'more important' problems! I loved Gibbs' response and his quiet reassurance of McGee, letting him know that Gibbs sees his worth. They were all fantastic! I really liked both their interaction with Abby, the kiss on the forehead when McGee pulls away and Gibbs signing to her were really in character as well and made me smile.

My only suggestion is to remember that with dialogue when someone starts speaking that starts on a new line, for every person. Without that it makes it confusing to tell when there's a new speaker. Overall though this was a totally satisfying fic, just what I wanted when I went looking for McGee and Gibbs fic :)
MysteryFan15 chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
I loved it! Really nice follow up to the episode with Penny. I really wish we saw more of the Gibbs/McGee, father/son relationship in the show. He doesn’t reach out to McGee like he does the others.

"My father is not a chronic liar; he never left me to die in a desert." "Mcgee, just because you don't win the worst father of the year award, doesn't mean he was right."

So, so true. Parents can damage with words and just because McGee seemed to have a normal family didn’t mean he didn’t have hard childhood. Especially since his father seemed to have different expectations for him than what he wanted.

I’m really glad Gibbs reached out to Tim.
iizninja chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
I really enjoyed this. Your use of Gibbs' rules, the nature of the story, the way it read... it was really good! I kinda wish you hadn't disabled anonymous reviews because, quite honestly, I'm really lazy and I caught myself groaning out loud when I had to type in my password.

But, I digress, GREAT STORY! I love this whole Gibbs, McGee thing being touched in fanfics because Lord knows there isn't enough of it on the show. Thanks for writing! 3 3!
Nikara chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
This is a lovely little piece. Your trip inside Gibbs' head in how he deals with all of his kids was spot on, and I loved how perceptive he was that something was wrong. It all worked together nicely for a great story. I look forward to reading more from you!
beautybells chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Good story! Characterization was amazing, and I loved the signing that you included: an aspect of Gibbs and Abby that is often overlooked. Keep writing!
Gottahavemyncis chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Thank you, I think this is the most satisfying story that I've seen based on Tim's "new to us" dad issue.
smartkid37 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Great one!

very, very nice!
aims123 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
I love it! I would love it even more if you continued it xx
ny05016sc chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
This was a really good story, regarding Tim / Gibbs and the Admiral.

I really wish they would bring the Tim father on the show. I mean it wouldn't be that diffcult his Navy.
Dee Tease chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Love this take on the "Dad and Lad" side of their relationship. I, for one, would love to see Gibbs confront the Admiral, hint hint hint...