Reviews for Playing for Hearts
RayenOfDeadStarsAndPlanets chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Aww! So sweet!
Morghen chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
The moment I saw the pairing, I really wanted to read this fic. I love reading and writing Charlie in a romantic relationship with the more taboo of the Harry Potter characters. I guess I can just picture him being more open minded about other people than the rest of this family - maybe because he was away a lot and not overly active in the war.

Your characterization of Charlie was really nice! I liked how he was pushy and just wanted Draco to fight for their would-be relationship. I think it showed a side of Charlie that wasn't expressed in the books to see how he cared for someone (who wasn't in his family) and wanted to fight for that relationship. I liked how you were able to show that side of him and still keep him very in character.

The pairing itself was executed nicely. I was curious to how you were going to make them work and I thought you did really well at it. I liked how you showed and explained that Draco had done a lot of changing since his Hogwarts days - this made the pairing more believable. I also thought it was important how Draco brought up that he had done terrible things to Charlie's family because that seems like the number one obstacle when it comes to this pairing. Charlie's reaction to it was good and Charlie-ish. :)

The Quidditch idea was really original and cute. I liked how they ended up playing all night and into the morning and neither of them quit. I wonder if Draco might've let Charlie win...hmmmm... The ending was adorable and I loved the comparison of Draco to a dragon.

Nicely done!

-Morghen
XxFallingxAngelxX chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
This story was so cute :D

Chalie trying to get Draco to fight for their relationship and Draco being all scared and doubtful, i loved it :)

Anyway, it was really cool especially because you added the whole Weasley-Malfoy problem lol they would definitely have some problems with fitting together, but Charlie understand it's not about blood or family names is just about them :P

Good job on this, i really liked it :)
i'd sink us to swim chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I must say that I absolutely loved the last sentence, as well as the pairing. Great work.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
This was really good! I don't ship this couple, but I think you've done a really good job with it. I think Draco is very in-character, and the Charlie you wrote also fits well with what we know of him from canon while still expanding on his personality. There were no spelling or grammar errors that I noticed, so that was very good as well. I like the idea of them playing Quidditch to decide whether Draco stays or goes; I've never seen that done before in a fic, and overall I think this is very original. I particularly loved the line about 'the dragon tamer finally tamed his dragon', considering the real meaning behind it about Draco being the dragon. I love the title as well. Great job!
Lady Phoenix Fire Rose chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Wow this was interesting. Such an unusual couple, not one I have thought of, I have to say. I really like the way that you are having Charlie try to get Draco to stay. I think that you have done an excellent job with this. Though I am rather curious about how they even got together in the first place? They are after all a very unusual couple.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
I gotta say this pairing is awesome. I love how Draco thinks Charlie's stubbornness is a flaw. And I love the dialogue and how Charlie doesn't care about any of the arguments Draco makes because nothing he did matters anymore. And of course the ending is really sweet. Good job!
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Aw, this was a really clever way of going about it. Playing for Hearts- I never would've guessed. Of course here they're equally matched, and it was such a sweet bet they were playing on! You wrote this really well. And my favorite thing about them is the dragon tamer/dragon aspect, so I'm glad you used it! Draco completely deserves someone like Charlie with him. Good job.
rebellsking chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Oh, wow. I really am not a fan of slash and I don't know what I was expecting when I read this, but I adore the way you wrote this. The concept is brilliant, with a little dash of adorable and a lot of sweet! Playing for hearts.. genius idea. Very good job :)
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I had never thought about this pairing before. I am not normally one for any fic that pairs Draco with any of the Weasleys they normally aren't very believable. I do like your writing style and you've done a good job portraying your story.
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
!

You rock. Seriously.

This is amazing. Okay, first of all, I really, really, really adore pushy!Charlie. He's absolutely lovely, and he works very well with reluctant!Draco. And that dynamic just absolutely makes me happy.

You know, I never noticed before reading this that they're both Seekers? A great aspect to play off of, and you did so wonderfully.

And Charlie telling Draco he's changed makes me all happy inside :D Because Draco so needs to be told, and Charlie is just the perfect person to tell him.

All right, which one of them is the genius behind the game of catch-the-snitch /at night/? Bahahahah. That made me laugh so hard.

Thank you, Charlie, for catching that Snitch :D It had to happen, because see? Even the snitch knew they were meant to be, hovering by Charlie's ear like that!

!

The last line made me squeal with happiness :D That's hard to do, let me tell you.

Thank you so much for this wonderful, amazing Charlie/Draco that pretty much just made my day.

(*_*)