Reviews for Five Boxes
Meew3 chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Awww
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
And you do this so well!
sevenpercent chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
a five plus one that went straight onto my favourites list. You are an uncommonly good writer. My only complaint is that there are not MORE Sherlock stories on here.
She-Has-Holmes-Eyes chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I was wailing and screaming on the inside as I read this, because that bolthole Mycroft has? I literally have the exact same thing, a room in my mind I go to to cry. Everything you right hurts so much, but it's so beautiful; a beautiful pain. I don't care how sad it is that the thing I'm most desperate for is the end of this Hiatus, because characters tend to take on a life of their own for me, and right now I'm watching a friend drag himself through unimaginable pain and his own personal hell. And that's before I remember Lestrade and and Mycroft and Mrs Hudson and Molly and Sherlock himself and how can one man who claimed he didn't care be the center of so many lives? So many people died when he fell from that roof, and just because Sherlock wasn't one of them doesn't mean that none of us aren't aching for the loss of him...
Phireye chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
...poor poor everyone in this story...but the ending is just so...conclusive and relaxing. Loved this story man. Great work.
Lady Sam Mallory chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Wow. Wonderfully emotional and I so loved the extra box. It made me laugh through the tears I was crying.

Thank you for the beautiful story that is so very well written and with spot on characterizations.

LSM
alljuststories chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
I like how you organized the story around the theme of boxes... and how, despite all the angst, it still has a happy ending :D
Skyfullofstars chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
"...The doctor in John whispers that deep cuts bleed out or fester if not quickly tended. The soldier shouts him down, exhorting John not to confuse a wise tactical retreat with surrender.

There will be other opportunities for this battle. There's no need to send the wounded to the front line today.."

Wonderful lines, these! And so true to John's character!

"..."I'm sorry, Sergeant," the young man blurts out. "He's already gone."

She's damned if she knows what her next move is.

Hell, she's damned anyway, isn't she?."

WELL, MOLLY, IF any of us have anything to do with it...

"...Access requires a retinal scan, a digital fingerprint, and the recitation of an arcane code phrase in both Classical Latin and Old English.

He folds his long bulk into the cramped compartment and seals the door behind him.

In that most hidden space, Mycroft screams."

OKAY, THAT WAS A HORIFFIC LOOK AT Mycroft's mind and psyche but very well written !

"...The signs are all too familiar. Hardly the first broken man to turn up on her doorstep, is he?

Her boys. They'd healed from their past hurts so well, each growing stronger in his own way, it seemed, and growing together in the process.

Then one fell from the roof of St Bart's, and three shattered.."

OKAY, KILL ME NOW OVER THIS LINE...one fell...three shattered...

because GaWWWGHHH

"...He drowns out the box's song with the sound of his own voice. It rises and falls in a perpetually one-sided conversation with his absent blogger.."

And yes, of course, Sherlock will continue his conversations with John, even when John is not in the room. Well done!

"..."I asked you, you know." After several heartbeats, John blinks up at his friend. It's an old man's self-indulgence, this, but he is an old man, after all, and he reckons he's earned it. "For one more miracle. And you gave it to me."

Sherlock considers him with a pale-eyed, unreadable expression, then shifts his weight, clears his throat, and twitches his long, manic fingers. "Yes. Well. I asked you for a cup of tea. It seems one of us must live with disappointment.""

LOL..THANK GOODNESS FOR THE BONUS BOX OR THIS WOULD HAVE ENDED ON A VERY SAD NOTE.

Loved it! Thank you for posting!
Dark Sparrow chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Beautiful.
CrazyCousinEiko chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Morgan... why do you make me sad inside?

This was, as usual, beautiful, breathtaking, emotional, "bleaky" ...everything I so love about your work. I love, love, LOVE this piece. My favourite part was actually a bit surprising. I thought I'd be head over heels for the Lestrade and Mrs Hudson part (which is my second favourite), but I actually loved reading Mycroft's most. At first it's very much him- of course he'd have multiple mind palaces with extra security systems. But this-

"In that most hidden space, Mycroft screams."

That just got me. Shot me in the heart, it did.

But at least you ended on a happy note. Thank you for that. -
CryptoSquirrel chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Holy cow! This is amazing! I love your free interpretation of the word box. I was expecting 5 boxes' worth of what Sherlock left in the flat but this was beyond better. You did the characters so perfectly. When Mycroft screamed, I nearly screamed myself. And Sally at Lestrade's desk broke my heart. It was just perfect. Just way too perfect.

"Then one fell from the roof of St Bart's, and three shattered." - what an accurate description. Did you mean 3 as in John, Lestrade, and Mrs Hudson or John, Lestrade, and Sherlock? Either way works well.

Guhhh just thank you!
Jodi2011 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
"And as for what I need, Greg," she says, extending her hand to him, "I need some company for tea. You'll join me, won't you? I do insist."

Bless Mrs Hudson, she is such a treasure :)

These wee tales are just lovely and several passages brought tears to my eyes. Thank goodness for the bonus box, it completed these perfectly :)
editor frog chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
This was quite lovely. I especially liked the "bonus."

Of particular note was Lestrade's 'box.' I do agree that without his profession, he is lost. I also agree with Mrs. Hudson that there are far too many of the sort in her life.

Would have liked to see Sherlock's 'resurrection' in a box too-though that's more of a sound bite, I think. :) I did like his 'box,' his hiding to save those he holds dear. Wonder what people would say if they knew the real reason he decided to experiment with flying in the first place?

I enjoy your Mycroft. Puts me in my of my own piece "Thoughts on a Life Extinguished." Especially when he was 'screaming.'

A thought: though you have addressed Molly's feelings on the matter in an earlier piece, it would have been nice to see what part she might be playing-or even for her to relieve how she (might) have helped Sherlock initally go into hiding.

Lovely, quite lovely. I look forward to more!
SailOnSilvergirl chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Here I am blubbering - quite unattractively, I'll have you know, but also with a grin on my face like Sherlock's at the end. Thanks for the Bonus Box! These were amazing! I adore your vignettes in general, and John's story just about undid me. And why couldn't I have a relative like your Mrs. Hudson?

"Then one fell from the roof of St Bart's, and three shattered." Make that four. Shit, make that about 40 million or however many worldwide watch BBC Sherlock.

Awesome, as usual.
owl-eats-waffles chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
That was beautiful and moving and lovely, and the bonus box very nearly made me cry... Incredible...