Reviews for Hotel California A oneshot collection
the lola chapter 2 . 3/16/2013
This was nice! It's great to see this relationship expanded on, and I just felt so sad for both of them here really. I mean, that situation is surely one no one would want to end up in - I love that Minerva dealt with everything so gracefully, and it makes sense for her to end up saying yes to him. And I liked that he was just a sweet man who fell into love and couldn't fall out.
WeasleySeeker chapter 2 . 3/14/2013
Aww, this was so cute! I felt so sorry for Minerva when I read her story on Pottermore, and this kind of made me sad for her all over again... but I'm so glad that she got some eventual happiness with Elphinstone.

Elphinstone himself was really nicely characterised, and he was just adorable. So lovely that he wanted to ask her one last time, and was willing to accept it and move on if she said no. But I'm so glad she said yes, because AWW. :)
Slytherin Cat chapter 2 . 3/13/2013
Aw this really was awesome! I really, really loved it :) I absolutely don't know anything of this Elphinstone, but this was just great, and I loved it. I love the song, and I really like how you used the lyrics as a prompt for this :p
Great job!
lowi chapter 2 . 3/13/2013
Aww, this was really sweet! I've never actually before read a story with this pairing, which is kind of odd because I remember noting down that I should do after reading about them on Pottermore...

Anyway, as I said, this was so sweet! The ending, where she accepted, was brilliant.

Wonderful work!
slightlysmall chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
This was very sweet. I'd forgotten about this small piece of canon. I like the nickname, and the characterization of Elphinstone you have here. In this, I can really tell how your English has improved over the year. There aren't many SPaG issues, but there are enough that I can see how much you've grown, which is awesome. Great work, though! I loved this. :)
keeptheotherone chapter 2 . 3/2/2013
Yay! I loved finding out about Minerva's backstory, even if it was tragic. Your writing here is beautiful, but there's one word missing when talking about Dougal: "...when she was eighteen and with *whom* she had broken off..." I love Elphinstone's little characterizations: fiddling with his hat, making sure not to use her nickname in front of others, recognizing the cliché in their situation. Well done!
autumn midnights chapter 2 . 2/15/2013
This is a really interesting look at the whole Minerva/Elphinstone situation; I don't really read too much about it, to be honest, but it's a good take on it. I don't remember the details of Minerva's story from Pottermore - it's been a while since I read it - but I remember enough to understand this lovely drabble. It seems to fit very nicely with Minerva's backstory and canon, so I think you did a very nice job with that, and Minerva was in-character. I liked your portrayal of Elphinstone as well, and the way you added in little details like the way he called her 'Nerva'. Very nice job!
silver-nightstorm chapter 2 . 2/9/2013
Aw, so cute! I liked Minerva's thoughts at the end about why she kept refusing the proposal and the effect that this teenage heartbreak had on her. I also liked the unique nickname you had for her, a contrast to the much used "Minnie". My one question is why didn't you include a nickname for Elphinstone as well? I mean, if they've been friends for 30 years, I feel that eventually anyone would want to shorten that mouthful of a name! :)
ohfenrir chapter 3 . 8/11/2012
Ted and Andromeda is one of my favourite canon pairings but I don't see much written about him. I like how you mentioned that it would be weird for Andromeda to stay somewhere less luxurious than she's used to, but she's with Ted so she's happy. This was really short, yes, but I think it captured the sweetness of their happiness really well - it's nice to picture them together in the little hotel garden with the rosebush and it's very cute. :D
ohfenrir chapter 2 . 7/30/2012
Aww, that was awfully sweet. I lok the way you characterised Elphinstone in this. He seemed like a lovely guy, and I felt for him - but he really is persistent. I liked how you explained the situation, with Minerva having the memory of her boyfriend there, because I'd sort of forgotten the details from when I first read it. It fitted well into the story, though, and gave us a real insight into her feelings rather than being an info-dump. Ahh, their relationship is so /nice/. I feel like I want to read more on the pairing now. Nerva is a bit of a strange nickname; it's funny how she'll put up with him calling her that but not anyone else. Well done on a nice little piece! :)
ohfenrir chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Haha, that made me giggle. Ahh, it's nice, though, to read a little snippet of James and Sirius just hanging out, being friends. They both seemed in-character, which was great. :D I'm not sure they wouldn't bring Remus because of his condition - they did run around with him at school, after all, but I suppose it was a good enough reason for just having the two of them in this story. I liked the banter between them, and, well, I suppose Sirius never did mention any girls... :P I'm glad to see him making use of his motorcycle, as well.
cherryredxx chapter 4 . 7/6/2012
I hope you don't mind that I read this one instead of the two you mentioned, but I have to review the others as a judge for the Hogwarts Games and I felt like that was cheating you out of a review! ;)

Anyway, I liked this a lot. It was very realistic and emotional and relatable. My oldest sister was having trouble getting pregnant and then she did and I cried when she told me, so I know (at least somewhat) how this feels. I'm glad I chose this one! Your writing has also improved so much! :)
Uni Shall Not Sink chapter 4 . 7/4/2012
I love Narcissa! :). This was perfectly in character, I always hated that she never showed emotion, and what you said about people thinking she only cared for possessions was totally true! All in all I have no criticisms! Good work!
Uni Shall Not Sink chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Hahahahaha! This was great! I loved it! My favorite part was the ending :). I dont read many james i stories, but im glad i read this! Bravo.
HedwigBlack chapter 3 . 6/24/2012
Aww this is sweet. Andromeda and Ted are such a sweet couple especially when you consider that she was a *Black* who married a *muggleborn* This is a short piece but it tells so much about their relationship and how happy they are together. The last line was great and a good way to end it. Nice job!