Reviews for Death Waits In the Wings
RobinRedoe chapter 169 . 10/17/2016
Wow, I've read the whole thing in a timeframe of 3 days. The story was intriguing, which made it mighty hard to stop reading.
This is so well written, and it's full of action. I must say that I enjoy your stories very much.

The story holds a good pace. It just never gets a dull moment. The characters, including the bad guys, were well developed. Murdock's dad gave me the chills. And I was satisfied that he didn't get it his way in the end.

Murdock's darker character was interesting. He didn't always get my sympathie. He could be quite irrational, but it made sense and it was well balanced that way.
He didn't seem to understand what an impact he made on the team and how much they actually cared for him. Seeing them as an obstacle part of the time. I enjoyed the parts in which he acted a bit more like he was in the series, cheerful and funny. But because of the situation he was in, those moments were sparse (and mostly acted to show that he was alright, which he wasn't).

There is such great eye for detail. The roads they take, the places they go, the guns, the cars, the medication and treatments that are used. I loved reading all of that. Making the story more realistic to me. I couldn't say if all of it was correct or not anyway, but it gave the story a boost. I loved the research that was done to make this story work so well. But I also loved that, despite these details, they were not getting 'too' detailed (if that makes sense). So you could quickly move on with the story without distraction. Just the right dose.

The only thing that started to feel too unrealistic to me were the many, MANY wounds, illnesses, drugs, poison and head traumas inflicted on (or by) Murdock. At some point, while reading the story, I had thoughts like: "What sort of injury will he receive next chapter? Maybe he's not Murdock but secretly Superman in disguise?". It almost made me stop reading, but I couldn't because the story was too engaging. ;)
I think, if someone would draw a picture of him with all the injuries he had at the end of the story, his whole body and especially face would not be recognizable much. He was a medical miracle surviving all of that.
It helps that the story and all the details around the injuries are absolutely well written. And I'm happy that there was sometimes a balance, when another character got in trouble or was hurt. But poor Murdock had quite a rough time in this story, physically (and of course mentally).

Anyway, in short:
The story was thrilling and I applaud you for writing 169 chapters. A-MA-ZING!
Thank you!
MissEclipse chapter 169 . 11/10/2014
Encore! Encore! A truly masterful story in a league all of its own. Please tell me there's gonna be a follow-up?

The glimpse into Murdock's CIA life was very intriguing. I'm not sure if you have written about this already, but I would really like to read your thoughts on this if you have. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do in my lunch hour now!
MissEclipse chapter 100 . 10/17/2014
Well, I've got to Chapter 100 and what an explosive chapter it was! Gutted I've got to stop here. This is truly an epic story in enormous proportions. How did you manage to keep such an excellent plot going for so long? I am totally in awe. There are so many things I would like to mention, but I haven't got time (and don't want to bore you) so will keep to the highlights.

The tension is reaching boiling point between Face/Murdock/Cyndi. And now that Dani is here, well can't wait to find out who chooses who (I'm assuming, of course, Murodock isn't dead). It was a nice touch to make the two girls friends, but I wonder how long it will last for.

Murdock's flashback to Vietnam was heart-wrenching. Was also interesting to get a glimpse into Hannibal's thoughts about his father. And so typical of Murdock not to have any bitter feeling against his father - just fear. Can't wait to read more!
MissEclipse chapter 71 . 9/30/2014
Things aren't looking good for Murdock.

Such a fascinating and well thought out story. I am well and truly hooked on all the lies, deception, pain and anguish. Can' wait for the introduction of Dani, but I feel so sorry for Cyndi because she so obviously still loves Murdock.

MissEclipse chapter 31 . 9/10/2014
OMG! I just had to comment on your AN. I'm so jealous! Dwight Schultz is my all time favourite actor. How incredible that you saw him in person. That would have made my century!

Anyway, back to the review. This is such a heart-wrenching story. I can't believe Cyndy would be happy with Face (and vice versa). Can't wait to find out!
MissEclipse chapter 30 . 8/15/2014
Wow! This is an absolutely breath-taking story. So much heartache and intrigue, with an interesting glimpse into Murdock's devastating past. It makes me said though, to see Murdock suffering so much. Just wish I had more time to read it!

PS: Hope the job is going well!
MissEclipse chapter 8 . 6/30/2014
Ooh, what an intriguing story. I like Cynthia already, she seems a perfect match for Murdock. I sorta hope Face doesn't worm his way into her affections. I suspect something bad is gonna happen to Murdock. Can't wait to read some more!
MissEclipse chapter 3 . 6/18/2014
Wotcha trying to do to me girl? 169 chapters! You do realise I’m gonna have to forfeit my lunch hour for the next few months until I’ve ready every single word!

Anyways, very interesting and intriguing first few chapters. You sort of knew something was wrong when Murdock didn’t wanna fly. I must admit I’m a bit ignorant when it comes to Shakespeare, but it’s very clever how the scenes you have chosen seem to fit eerily in with the mood of the story.
Looking forward to reading more. Only another 166 chapters left to go!
Book girl fan chapter 169 . 2/28/2014
169 chapters, and they finish by leaving town with the military police after them.

I'm personally amazed you could write such a long story. How did you do it?!
Book girl fan chapter 165 . 2/28/2014
Insulting him in Vietnamese while making it seem like he's in a flashback and pleading for his life? A stroke of genius. Either that, or insanity.
Book girl fan chapter 164 . 2/28/2014
It's taken 164 chapters to resolve everything so far. How can there possibly be time for anything else?
pjgarlach chapter 153 . 2/15/2014
Interesting
It sounds like Murdock is planning on attempting suicide to join his family. I am surprised at him. I never thought he would consider taking the coward's way out. Suicide is easy on the one who commits it but extremely difficult on those who are left behind.

pjgarlach chapter 152 . 2/15/2014
Wonderful
Murdock lising it with Dani shows how much he trusts her. Normally, unless it is an act as it was on the 4th, he does not lose it unless he is either alone or with someone he trusts. While I agree that he needs to know, I am afraid that her calling Hannibal will be seen by Murdock as a betrayal.

pjgarlach chapter 151 . 2/15/2014
Nice Chapter!
I wonder if the team will locate than in an out of the way Motel like that. I suspect that they will be tending to look into the ones that people are more likely to saty at than one that almost seems to be falling down.

pjgarlach chapter 150 . 2/15/2014
Powerful Chapter!
It was obvious to me that Murdock was taking his father to see his mother and his grandparents, possibly so he could voice his regrets before joining them. That is something that none of the rest of the team would expect. They would expect Murdick to go before leaving but not that he would take his father. I do not know whether I want them to honor his wishes and let his father die free or have him locked up.