Reviews for Requiem of the Golden Wheat
redgrass-and-silvertrees chapter 17 . 7/19/2012
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Good thing I decided to wait and read this until I was safe at home and not when I was out to lunch. I would've spat out my water. That was hilarious and very entertaining. My oh my what a house we have here, all you need is a bear and you've got the next hit reality show. Aside from the personal jokes, this was a very good chapter. I was wondering what the heck Neah was going to do about the Noah. They HAD to know that he hadn't died in the fire so I'm glad to see that resolved. Poor Neah's still on the Earl's leash, don't we all feel that way sometimes.
Thank you for the shout out, it's always nice to know that people appreciate your writing and I'm always glad to draw people's attention to well written stories.
Alas, It seems that no one in your merry little group is going into prostitution, oh well, I guess they can still control the underworld. That seems more up their alley.
Thanks for the fantastic update and the incessant giggles.

redgrass-and-silvertrees chapter 16 . 7/14/2012
Wow, just wow. You continue to stun me with this story's complexity and genius. I feel (hindsight bias, gotta love it) like I should have seen this coming, but I really didn't. I figured that Neah and Mana had to hook back up at some point (Mana wouldn't miss a brother he hated after all) but Cross and Sophia? And that Bookman kid who despite having the personality of a doornail is so adorable and lovable? I fear his fate is sealed however :( It still astounds me how wonderfully thought out and intricate this is. I could very much see this happening in the manga since you have thus far refused to fall prey to the comforting allure of AU (unlike a certain someone I could mention...) Well good for you! I feel like this story should be a requirement for all DGM fans to understand just how deep all of this stuff goes.
I cannot wait to read the next enstallments and it thrills, rather than frightens me, that this story will continue on for a while as more chapters mean more chances for the plot to expand and delight its unsuspecting readers.
A great man once said that genius is an infinite capacity for taking pains, a you my dear, have taken great pains in this story and the results are astounding. So keep up the good work and may the force be with you.

Guest chapter 16 . 7/13/2012
Sophia is Cross's Maria in the normal timeline, isn't she? I don't want her to die.
Paper-Knights chapter 16 . 7/12/2012
Um, may I ask whether the boy AKUMA is a canon character, or is he a complete OC?
(E.g, he wasn't even mentioned in the manga, unlike Sophia, who is a kind-of canon character)
Alice Nyte chapter 15 . 7/7/2012
Loved it all! Can't wait for the next chapter! :D
redgrass-and-silvertrees chapter 15 . 7/6/2012
I'm so glad to see an update!
Things really are heating up, I do wonder where Neah went and what dastardly ideas he has in store for Cross, Mana and the Clan. Whatever it ends up being I'm sure it shall be fantastic.
One question though, I assume I'm not alone in thinking the poor french child taken by the Order was the ever lovable Froi Tiedoll. However in the manga, I'm pretty sure Froi is older than Cross (I think he is in his mid forties). Is this some other Froi or did I miss something?
You know, you are doing a fabulous job of weaving the story and gently dropping all the plot points. Ifeel a thrill of excitement as more pieces come together. I do wish you the best and please give poor Neah a jacket while he's on the run, I've a bit of a soft spot for him :).
Eagerly awaiting the next DGM chapter and your next update.

greenironivy chapter 15 . 7/5/2012
Oh, right. I forgot that Sanjiv stops being a bookman. That is why he shows some emotions.
Paper-Knights chapter 14 . 6/29/2012
Rage! How come this fic has no reviews?
...
How dare people follow stories without reviewing them? -punches fist into the air-
Okay folks, from now on, every time someone new follows you without reviewing, delay the chapter by a day!
-nods-
... Or maybe not, since I really want the new chapter of this to come out.
Anyway, bye for now!
ThorongilAnime
redgrass-and-silvertrees chapter 14 . 6/28/2012
I'm always very excited to see when you update! Every one of your chapters is so deep, so thought provoking, that I love to take a good amount of time to read it through nice and slow so to savor the deliciousness of the plot. Your story really is interesting, and I'm really liking how this is taking shape. You're doing well to show development and progression, I don't feel that anything is moving too fast or too slow. I'm happy to see Timcanpy appear, everyone loves that little ball of adorableness. It's funny how vastly different our interpreations are but thats what makes it fun. Please keep up the good work and you need not worry about length issues. So long as you continue with your lovely, loquacious word play and mesmerizing story line, you shall never be in want of readers. :)
I have no real critiques merely a word of caution, you've got a lot of balls in the air. Be wary to keep all your storylines straight and to settle all matters.
Handmaiden of Awesomeness chapter 14 . 6/27/2012
Wow. Neah finally got all the pieces together to betray his family. And I can guess who the golden ball is!
Kuraun Kuraun chapter 13 . 6/24/2012
This just keeps getting better. It's quite impressive how your story meshes so well with what has been revealed to us in the manga. Do continue your awesome work. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
redgrass-and-silvertrees chapter 13 . 6/20/2012
You made me very happy this morning when I checked my mail. Not only did I recieve a lovely review, but I got an alert saying that this story had updated as well. It was so enjoyable to read as always and, once again, I love how you carefully set things up while at the same time letting things progress naturally. It's so fun to see Cross as a sober, passive, women fearing gentlemen. His first kiss was indeed very entertaining. He's not quite the playboy yet, but eventually I'm sure. I'm also glad you brought in Mother, it gives Cross's character more depth as he finds like spirits at the Order. Khanna is turning out to be more interesting than I had initially given him credit for. He seems to be what Cross ends up being, it's almost like a General Cross/ Allen situation. I'd be curious to see how that relationship develops. Looking forward to the next update :) And keep Cross from those cigarettes, he might get addicted and become a bastard.

redgrass-and-silvertrees chapter 12 . 6/9/2012
This really is a well written, well thought out story. For one, let me take a moment to appreciate the fact that you made the effort to incorporate the new DGM chapter whilst I completely ignored it. One thing I've particularly enjoyed about this story, which is very well done in this chapter, is your faithfulness to the time period. You do an excellent job of maintaining the look and feel of the late 19th century. I feel I could walk down the lane and come across Wuthering Heights :)As a voracious reader and a pretending to be writer, you're doing an excellent job of setting up the story for where its going to go next. I can formulate a general idea of the upcoming conflicts, just enough to get me excited, but not enough to give anything away. I can't wait to see what happens to Cross at the Order. Good luck and I can't wait.

Handmaiden of Awesomeness chapter 12 . 6/8/2012
Good work incorporating the new chapter. I didn't know the new one was out until I saw the 214 spoiler warning, which I quickly went to read before coming back to this. Waiting for the next chapter! Keep up the good work!
redgrass-and-silvertrees chapter 11 . 6/7/2012
I read this when it came out, but I'm travelling at the moment so I've only had time enough online to post my latest chapter tther day before the internet died. Better late then never. I think I've mentioned it before, but I find it endlessly fascinating to read your (now AU :P) interpretation. It's fun to see how the characters progress and it really becomes clear in this chapter. I don't know what you're planning in that devious little mind of yours, but I can already tell you that this was a perfect cushion to ease into the great beyond of the next chapter. I'm curious to see where this all goes, it's so fun! We're both going to have (more or less) the same ending, we'll just have taken different paths to get there. (bows) I eagerly await the next update and I look forward to watching your characters come to life as you manage to do so excellently.

ilikedan

(PS sorry for the long reviews, I just love words)
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »