Reviews for With a Mudblood
Ralinde chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Ah that was sad, particularly that last phrase. I loved how Lily compared her friendship with Andy with her friendship with Severus: both of them ignoring her in public but still utterly important to her.
fin du globe chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
WHAT IS THIS? AN ART PIECE! *faints dead away*

I love the beginning - it's unique, and fresh. It's also insightful - because this is really something that's true, now that I think about it. And true the intro, you've managed to convey some bits of Andy - the tone makes her seem almost casually, and somewhat unawarely deceptive, and also brings her out as a keen observer, which is what I've always imagined her to be! YAY. Furthermore, I felt that the beginning was quite central to this piece, because it kind of canonises it, fleshes out Andromeda, and offers a different viewpoint of friendship.

I love how Andromeda is guilty about her attitude, and how she doesn't enjoy it.

I think it's great that Andromeda specifically mentions that no one can would be suspicious about them in the library - it provides a sort of contrast to how she says their relationship is obvious, and brings up an obvious flaw in teenage 'Dromeda - her fear of her family and the influence of them.

Also, Lily! Being so innocent. For some reason, it pleased me that Andy thought so. I liked that you used it as a medium for Andy to express her frustration and guilt. I also liked that it was specifically mentioned, as though Andy was scrutinizing that fact, touching on her insecurity.

Their dialogue! It stays true to the nature of their relationship, as according to Andy's thought, anyway. It makes it almost seem dysfunctional, which on hindsight, it sort of is XD Andy's dislike paralleling James' felt fitting here. Lily, Lily, Lily... destined to have bad friends :( She needs better friends, seriously. D: Come to think of it, I liked that there are mentions of the other characters here, it makes it seem more real and in-time.

And. The. Last. Bit. It could be interpreted so many ways! I love that it totally contrasts Lily's aforementioned 'innocence', sort of. I love that it's true and grey and leaves you open-mouthed with shock (me, anyway). It made me so sad for both of them. Also shocked. Yeah.

Awesome work, Gamma :D
Shadowed93 chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
It's strange to think about the days before Andromeda had abandoned her family! I find it hard to think of her as a Black at all so I think you did a good job coming up with a way of showing her before she became a Tonks :)
TayaCurragh chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I like this story :) I never would have thought that Lily and Andromeda would be friends, least of all really close friends, so I like this piece :) I like how you've compared how it is to hide a relationship with a boy to hiding a friendship and how its much easier.
lella7 chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Wow, poor Lily, she needs to find some better friends! I really liked the way Andromeda sounded slightly manipulative at the beginning when she was talking about how easy it was to keep her friendship hidden. You described Andromeda's guilt very well too :)
Evon1222 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
I like it, though I do believe that Andromeda had graduate by the time the Marauders had started Hogwarts. Still, it was quite good and realistic. I imagine that Andromeda might have had a few muggleborn friends during her time at Hogwarts, but always tried to keep them secret like you show here. I think the most jolting part about this fic was the last line.

'And a Black who cares about what her family thinks shouldn't ever be thought to be friends with a Mudblood.'

I felt horrible for both Lily and Andromeda at that moment, as Andromeda's guilt was so well portrayed and Lily's acceptance of it (especially the bit about Snape)...well, it kind of made me wish that she had better friends.

Excellent work!