Reviews for Through the Door
Cricket Songs chapter 2 . 8/31/2008
I haven't finished reading this, though surely I will finish it soon, but I wanted to drop a comment on your writing thus far.

Because it's making me really jealous. You're an amazing writer; you've got all the elements, all the descriptions and the factors that I long to have in my own writing. And I feel you deserve to know that - though I'm sure you've heard it before.

Anyway, I thought that was worth mentioning. This is the first ER fanfic I've come across that TRULY seems worth reading.

Good job. :)

Myralee
luckisaladycop chapter 10 . 7/26/2006
Wow what a hell of a ride, ups and downs, sadness and happyness... man I love this story, you had me captured from the start and I couldn't stop reading 'til I was through.
scarstar chapter 10 . 3/5/2005
Wow this story is amazing, I love your writing and how well you descibed the characters. I also wanted to say well done for how you described Abby's feelings surounding the death of her mum. They were so real. Like Abby in this story I grew up with a depressed mum and found her after she killed herself. My feelings were similar to Abby's, I'm impressed with how you wrote them. This story has been good to read, thankyou
Charlotte chapter 10 . 11/30/2004
I don't know what to say. I'm ... flourished, for lack of better word. It's all so much and so ..dark! Oh my god, you're totally my new favourite person, cuz this was abso-fucking-lutely BRILLIANT!
Charlotte chapter 10 . 11/30/2004
Carby-Always chapter 10 . 7/31/2004
i really love this story.. its cute, meaningful, and a carby at best. so i have to like it.
Taz Maniac chapter 10 . 10/24/2003
Well, everyone over at c& was raving about your fics, so i thought i better come have a look-see. B-gosh, i don't know how i managed to miss your fics all this writing is so expressive, and very different from most Carter/Abby stories. I loved the interaction between the two of them, and every chap left me guessing. A very realistic look into Abby's mind, and I loved how you portrayed her relationships with both Carter and Luka. Splendid writing, and a very unique style!

::galloping off to read the sequel::
Ella74 chapter 1 . 8/10/2003
You write so beautifully, so memorably and so individually. It's always a pleasure to read anything well written, but you go so far beyond that- you have a unique voice- that is such a rarity, and a gift. I envy you!

It is a real privilege to read your work.
Ceri chapter 10 . 9/2/2002
Wow.

I am struggling with words here, because that was so amazing...so moving...so brilliantly written. One thing sticks in my mind at the moment - your description of the Luby relationship, blinded by each other's grief that they could only see their own.

Obviously, I'm paraphrasing, so forgive me if I got it wrong. ;) Anyway, that seemed totally on target...well done.

I don't really know what else to say now, except that this was an excellent fic, and you are truly a wonderful writer.
Jane McCartney chapter 10 . 8/31/2002
Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! This was simplu fabulous, one of the very best 'non'-Carbies. Loved the dynamic between the characters printed here.
carolyn chapter 10 . 8/30/2002
this was amazing. The whole story was just great. I'm so sad it's over, and kind of upset they didn't end up together (hey, what can I say? I'm a carby at heart), but it was still just as great as the previous chapters. It was funny at times, and depressing at others. You capture the moods both in the characters and in the surrounding so well. Anyway, I really can't wait til the sequel! I'll be waiting until then, lol. Good job on the story! You did awesome!
Snoopytoes chapter 10 . 8/30/2002
Woohoo girlie! I love this fic! And I love you! October won't get here soon enough!

You go girl!
Em4 chapter 10 . 8/30/2002
Like Charlotte I am always worried about not having anything original to say in my reviews, but that isn't going to stop me from repeating everything I have said before.

This fic was just incredible. Funny, sweet, cute, angsty, brilliant dialogue, excellent characterisation, poetic descriptions...if you don't write more soon it will be a criminal waste of your talents.

You are one of the few authors who are able to write Luka in a way that actually makes me like him (although I have come a long way in making myself not hate him...aren't you proud of me?) and I absolutely adored your writing of Susan in this last chapter. Her interaction with Abby was...just perfect. I'm sorry to be so cliched but there really isn't any other way to describe it.

And I of course have a favourite line (well, they are all the bomb, but this one was a classic and if none of the writers on the show pick up on it and include it somewhere then there is something wrong in the world). Carter (as victim of collision with Ice Cream Truck is rolled out of Trauma Room): “Would it be wrong of me to be craving ice cream right now?”

I'm so sad, but I was rolling in the aisles for that one! "How Carter"!
Jennie chapter 10 . 8/30/2002
I thoroughly enjoyed following this fanfic. I'm looking forward to the sequel. Thanks for all your efforts!
Charlotte15 chapter 10 . 8/30/2002
I would like to apologise for not reviewing the previous chapter. I would like to stress that the reason was not because I didn't enjoy reading it - far from it, in fact, I loved it - nor because I felt lazy but it was predominantly because I couldn't think of anything to say.

Recycled lines of previously reverberated compliments didn't seem to cut it to describe The Pilgrim. I thought that if I was to review, the least you needed was some fresh material. After all, there is no point repeating the same thing over and over again.

I suppose it is fair to say that The Pilgrim rendered me speechless. I can tell you that I spent quite some time reading it and doing my best not to skip lines. Skipping lines is something I do out of anticipation for what will happen next. I am, what one would call, a fidgeting reader.

I am sad to see this story end yet I must say; I will be bouncing off the walls with happiness when the sequel arrives. Also, if I see no sign of a sequel by the time October comes and goes, please be prepared for emails on my half explaining the joys of making me happy by writing such wonderful stories!

I need to learn some new adjectives.

I enjoyed Carter and Abby's playful banter and I like the way that Abby has a female friend who she can talk to. It seemed in previous chapters that the only people who she could turn to were Luka and Carter and we are all aware of the history she has with the two of them. I think in this case, female companionship will be a useful tool for Abby to utilize to its potential.

I adored the way Luka said 'AAA' and 'Going study'. It made me laugh and then grin like a cat that got the cream. I liked it when Luka claimed that he doesn't date co-workers to the person in the hospital who he dated!

No more denial. No more denial. No more denial. *Squeals with happiness* I am hoping that this won't mean the end of the angst (I confess, I enjoy it!) or the happy endings (and I think, by now, my definition of a happy ending has been made clear) for Abby and John.

I love the humour you are injecting into this story whilst remaining adamant and sure of what the 'issue' is. We all need some fuzziness and humour to liven up our days in between all of the angst.

Have a great day!