Reviews for Happy and Heartbroken
ToasterMessage chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
It was interesting to see Niles' behaviour from Daphne's point of view, and how it's possible for her to misinterpret his advances. By the way Niles acted that evening, being so utterly devastated about Maris leaving him, it is only logical for Daphne to assume that his "I love you" wasn't meant in a romantic way. Even if he wasn't drunk she would rather think it means he loves her as a friend, like at the end of Mixed Doubles.
LoisAndClarkSuperfan chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Such a great story! Short, but to the point. Niles needs Daphne, and no matter what they will always be there for one another, even when they don't see the potential that lies ahead for them. When he said "love you," and she thought it was just because he was drunk...that was perfect! So true to the show and the way these characters dance around the possibilities of their relationship. So glad Maris wanted a divorce!
leighann415 chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I loved this! Really. :) I'm glad Daphne was there to sober & console Niles. I guess it's a good thing that Maris wanted the divorce, otherwise this moment wouldn't have happened! Too bad it didn't happen on the show though. *sighs* at Niles saying he loved Daphne, when he didn't know he was saying it! Great little one-shot. :)
Andress Jade chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Great, great one shot! I love it! I just love the way Daphne took care of Niles and tried her best to comfort him. I love the way you ended it. Good job!
melinda chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
this was excellent! I felt so bad for Niles, glad Daphne was there and I could totally see all of this happening!
jessie 33 chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Such a sweet one shot so beautifully written. I love all your stories, this one was amazing.
BaronessBlixen chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Awww so wonderful! I loved how he said I love you drunk, and Daphne thought he just said it because of the alcohol. That's so like them. Beautiful story!
Kristen3 chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Oh, my God. This is so touching and wonderful. It's just like Daphne to want to comfort Niles when he's hurting! Too bad Niles was drunk when he said "love you," or else Daphne might've realized how serious he was! *Sigh* I can tell this is one that'll be reread MANY more times! :)