Reviews for Solace
bluerockerdragongirl chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
A perfect depiction of the brutality that was Ending D. I always hoped that they were already dead before the time consumed them. This possibility... *shivers*. Nicely done.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
I thought i was the only one who knew about this game. But i'm glad that i read this, it might just be better than the mortal instraments seires.
x0SilverFeathersx0 chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
True hell.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
altairity chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Wow. I really enjoyed how ruthless that was. First of all, you chose an excellent scenario to explore; ending D is often ignored but has so much potential lying in the concept of eternity, and I think you penetrated it extremely well. I'm a sucker for structure in oneshots, especially when it's actually relevant to the theme (time), so I loved the short broken sections and repetition of certain phrases. You also have a great eye for gory wince-inducing details XD Especially 'His breastplate shrieks against a molar the size of his fist' - it gives off the sense of everything in the scene just screaming and screaming. And I particularly like it whenever writers offer up an inkling of hope only to snatch it away, and you employed that effectively in the section with Caim and Angelus hiding next to the skyscraper.

As for concrit, I like the short choppy sentences/paragraphs you use, but sometimes I felt more variation in sentence/paragraph length and structure would have added depth to the idea of certain cycles of death being more agonizing and painful than others. Also, it's easy for the reader's eye to skip over the sentences in the 'so many cycles' section because they're so short, so maybe adding a few intermediary sentences would have slowed the section down and better suggested the sense of neverending time.

But the most important thing is that you communicated a sense of limitless, boundless pain along with flashes of hope, and that is admirable in its bittersweet-ness. Applause! Thanks for sharing.