Reviews for Control That Which You Cannot Destroy
Mazuku Torai'nu chapter 51 . 4/14
Kasumi is awesome, nice to see Shep going TERMINATOR.
Mazuku Torai'nu chapter 35 . 4/13
GARRUS MOTHERFUCKING VAKARIAN
Bebus chapter 53 . 4/3
Sometimes, an author gives a perfectly reasonable piece of advice:

"re-read the previous 2 or 3 chapters"

Yeah... I totally ignored that, and read the whole thing again.

Holy hell, it's such a good story. Everything flows so well: the characters you pitch perfectly, the pacing (how you spent about 6 chapters on Lorek without it ever feeling anything other than fast and exciting still impresses me!), the prose, all come together into something truly excellent.

Plus, it makes me want to play ME again, and romance Jack. Hmm, I'm sure I can dig up a spare 100 or so hours somewhere...
toner007 chapter 1 . 3/21
Dude outstanding work. The whole 53 chapters is awesome, and extremely well written and very realistic. I have been checking at least once a day for another update. No rush, but I love what your doing here. Hoping you keep it going past to post ME3.
BoutsofInsanity42 chapter 53 . 3/18
This story is amazing. I have been reading fanfiction for years. This is one of the best I have seen. Seriously. Keep up the good work.
You have amazing characterizations of the squads and others involved in the story. I love your Shepard and all of the other characters that you have written. Its a wonderful story and the inner team dynamics are a joy to read.

Great work.
Sand and Scars chapter 53 . 3/14
it's great to have you back. I'd been holding out hope for this one. this chapter flows very naturally from the last one, which is hard to do considering they're written a year apart, so kudos to you. I liked the juxtaposing of cold Jack/hot Shepard, and the theme of darkness really helps convey a sense of calmness after the epic drama of the last chapters. I'm really interested in seeing how shepard deals with his synthetic-ness in future chapters, seems like it's getting worse with each battle. Hope to read from you soon
Razorfist chapter 28 . 3/13
Thought I'd drop a line here... To just let you know that I've really enjoyed your fic! I read almost exclusively femslash, but this story still caught my eye. You have invested a lot in to the persona of Shepard and it really pays off. As with other key characters, I should add! The only thing that'd make this story cooler would be that it was about FemShep, but hey, can't have everything! ;) Great job!
dksamuri chapter 53 . 3/13
Good expansion but felt rushed. Could use some polish, and I look forward to more
Dracconnis chapter 53 . 3/7
Loved the update!
Corentin IV chapter 53 . 3/2
Wierd. I left a review of this on Wednesday, but it didnt show up. Oh well, I get to review twice :)

Unsurprisingly, this is an excellent, mature, finely balanced chapter. Jack is perfect - to the exact word. Her thought processes, the way she processes the world, her resistance to doctors and medication, is excellently realised here - together with Kelly, the semi-comic but carefully drawn foil for her in this case. And she's also nicely narcissistic - only focusing on herself and what's happened to her. Kelly's reaction in these circumstances is also pitched perfectly - losing her patience with someone so self-focused is not surprising. Ah, the Jack we know and love :)

Shepard's first interlude is excellently written, with the language imparting effortless visual imagery. Loved the feeling of fever you created, the feeling of being trapped, and the very different vision he cycles through, underscoring his detachment from the same body. It's almost as if the Normandy is a more natural extension of him than his own limbs. Later on, Miranda's dialogue is a perfect combination of high-handed and razor-sharp. Their discussion about the spotter and shooter, what happened to Liara, Miranda and Shepard's competing cod-philosophy - all feels like it came straight from a thriller. Awesome.

I'm so, so happy to see this chapter out, and I hope this has broken your drought - can't wait for more. As a chapter, think this is pretty close to flawless, and it looks effortless (though I know it wasnt). Cant wait for more - this is excellent. It's great to come back to the Control universe. Good one, mate. Really fab. Thanks for the hours poured into this!
Welcome back. Glad to hear you are doing better and grateful for another chapter. Hoping for more to come.

Nice aftermath sequence to some hellacious action. Still loving your take on Jack, Miranda, and, oddly, Kelly.
Cortina2 chapter 53 . 2/27
Kudos, Jay. In my opinion, you triggered just the right range of emotions to just the right extent. I really didn't expect such a very well-balanced chapter solely focussing on the aftermath and personal consequences of an outrageous firefight. I'd even go so far as to call it exemplary because a lot of writers tend to neglect this aspect when it comes to heroic stories.

Also, I'm thrilled to see that you have developed a new 'not so action-oriented yet not drifting into meaningless (mostly fluffy) stuff' style as a writer. It seems that your writing has become a lot more, um, I don't know, grounded? Does that make any sense? Or real-life oriented maybe? (I hope you know what I mean, I'm not good at words, I need to work on my vocabulary...)

Anyway, keep at it, you're doing a great job which is greatly appreciated and awesome. 3
Reader chapter 53 . 2/26
Glad to hear you are back and still in good health. Hope Jack learns to improve her people skill after knocking herself out in a bathroom. The back and forth between Miranda and Shepard was done very well. Can't wait for the next chapter and the conversation with the council and partially unhinged Shepard.
Happy to see the best fanfic I have ever read back in action! Been hoping for almost a year for an update and here it is.

Your style has not changed much and as always a superb chapter, really shows the emotions that the main characters are going through and good plot development, especially a twist with a council is a promising progress for the story. Would like to see more character development though to enrich the whole picture but can understand why you focused on these particular ones especially after such a long break. Don't want to do any critics at all really, just glad that this story is continuing, never read a fanfic as captivating as this one from chapter one.

All in all, good work and as always will be waiting for the next chapter.
cvlts chapter 53 . 2/26
Had to triple-take when I got the notification of this story haha. Love it! Haven't missed step! Hope to see you continue! Don't leave us hangin' on that last bit ;)