Reviews for Control That Which You Cannot Destroy
V-rcingetorix chapter 53 . 8/5
This is one of the best Shep/Jack fics I have read, on par with Fainmaca.

Hope you keep it up; I know how the writers block can get hard :/

Keep up the good work!
Himuradono chapter 38 . 7/13
Ah, Ashely, you were always such a sensible and mature person... oh, wait. Never mind.
Ssg1 chapter 53 . 10/20/2014
Planning on updating someday, or do I stop hoping?
Kahoko chapter 53 . 10/20/2014
Amazing fic that needs to be updates soon!
I'm impressed by your skills. Each character fits the original game but you give them more depth. Especially Jack's psyche that has not been fully exploited in game, as well as Shepard (so many characters for one plot might explain that). Hence you taking the time to show Shepard's side effect of being resurrected is brilliant. Same for traumatized Jack. Chara dev. is fantastic also, as well as the plot.
Please don't leave me handing too long!
Choppy06 chapter 53 . 10/9/2014
No more updates? Ever?
LockedKeye chapter 48 . 10/5/2014
Oh look, and author tract! I'm actually going to borrow something from Tumblr for this

"I see what they’re doing here! It’s a biting commentary on people not taking women seriously!

I mean, except for the fact that at no point in canon or the fanfic prior to this point does EDI say anything like this, and the fact that she’s berating Joker in the middle of a crisis situation where he can’t afford to be distracted, or the fact that the male equivalent of a “cat fight” is usually just called “a fight”, and the term catfight isn’t really gendered and will probably be even less so in a century and a half, and saying that the XO ticking someone off may lead to physical violence or verbal conflict is the exact opposite of trivializing it, or the fact that Joker trivializes just about everything, or the fact that EDI sounds so personally offended she’s totally not just being used by the fic’s writer to crowbar their opinions into the story."

Alden Kessler chapter 53 . 7/10/2014
this is literally my favorite mass effect the characters to the interactions and the inner thoughts. I hope to see more from this but feel free to take your time.
bnmhj520 chapter 53 . 6/2/2014
Just read through this story today. Great stuff, hope you continue!
Mazoku Tora'inu chapter 51 . 4/14/2014
Kasumi is awesome, nice to see Shep going TERMINATOR.
Mazoku Tora'inu chapter 35 . 4/13/2014
Bebus chapter 53 . 4/3/2014
Sometimes, an author gives a perfectly reasonable piece of advice:

"re-read the previous 2 or 3 chapters"

Yeah... I totally ignored that, and read the whole thing again.

Holy hell, it's such a good story. Everything flows so well: the characters you pitch perfectly, the pacing (how you spent about 6 chapters on Lorek without it ever feeling anything other than fast and exciting still impresses me!), the prose, all come together into something truly excellent.

Plus, it makes me want to play ME again, and romance Jack. Hmm, I'm sure I can dig up a spare 100 or so hours somewhere...
toner007 chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
Dude outstanding work. The whole 53 chapters is awesome, and extremely well written and very realistic. I have been checking at least once a day for another update. No rush, but I love what your doing here. Hoping you keep it going past to post ME3.
BoutsofInsanity42 chapter 53 . 3/18/2014
This story is amazing. I have been reading fanfiction for years. This is one of the best I have seen. Seriously. Keep up the good work.
You have amazing characterizations of the squads and others involved in the story. I love your Shepard and all of the other characters that you have written. Its a wonderful story and the inner team dynamics are a joy to read.

Great work.
Sand and Scars chapter 53 . 3/14/2014
it's great to have you back. I'd been holding out hope for this one. this chapter flows very naturally from the last one, which is hard to do considering they're written a year apart, so kudos to you. I liked the juxtaposing of cold Jack/hot Shepard, and the theme of darkness really helps convey a sense of calmness after the epic drama of the last chapters. I'm really interested in seeing how shepard deals with his synthetic-ness in future chapters, seems like it's getting worse with each battle. Hope to read from you soon
Razorfist chapter 28 . 3/13/2014
Thought I'd drop a line here... To just let you know that I've really enjoyed your fic! I read almost exclusively femslash, but this story still caught my eye. You have invested a lot in to the persona of Shepard and it really pays off. As with other key characters, I should add! The only thing that'd make this story cooler would be that it was about FemShep, but hey, can't have everything! ;) Great job!