Reviews for Tiger Lilies
ArcherShirou chapter 10 . 3/31
very good.
rand0m-DEATH chapter 10 . 4/28/2013
that was so emotional. just a great read and made me tear up more than twice. loved it thank you for writing such a lovely digimon fic.
Expressive Dissonance chapter 10 . 1/11/2013
Damn it, I bawled like a baby. D:

Excellent work!
darkaccalia520 chapter 2 . 10/26/2012
Oh, this was such a sad chapter! From reading your stories and those of a few others, I really feel like I know these characters fairly well, and I find that Ken is one of my favorites. I do know about his past mistakes, but I find it very hard to take in that even upon his death, some people in the village still could not forgive him. And it's so sad about Miyako as well. One question I do have since I don't know...are the digimon immortal? Or just immune to the illness? Anyway, it must be so hard for Hawkmon and Wormmon to see their partners become ill and pass on before them. But in all this sadness, there seems to be a little hope. The paper story was pure genius! I don't know if it's canon or your own creation, but it is SO true, and I think I will even remember that story when I am dealing with real life situations. It was that powerful. Because we can cover things up with paper and paint over it...but we will never forget. Beautiful! I also found the information on the baby digimon to be very interesting. How sad for Wormmon! I can understand not being able to get over it. I do hope there is some hope for him yet. I'd love to read more. I am sorry it's been so long since I've read the first. Well done! :)

One tiny error: Ichijouji Ken was he next to die-I think you meant THE next to die.
SkywardDiamond chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Wow, this is intense. I found this quite captivating and I don't even know anything about this fandom.
I enjoyed reading about the close bonds that existed between partners. The idea of growing old, of having deteriorating health and leaving loved ones behind is something everyone can relate to in some form.
I found this very touching. I felt bad for the characters, specifically Palmon, as he watched Mimi get worse and worse, and finally die, only to be left to wallow and wait for a resolution. I'm confused as to how the 'device' works, and why it might fail. It's interesting, nonetheless. I'm sure I'll be back to read more, so I'm sure it will become more clear.
Nicely written! Your grammar is good and your writing style is enjoyable.
P2tbAnimeGirl chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This is the saddest thing I have ever read! The attention to emotion and character is flawless. A great idea and you wrote it perfectly. I'm only past the first chapter now, so I’m going to go back and read more!
Verran chapter 2 . 8/29/2012
Although there were a lot of characters here which found me (not familiar with the fandom) a little confused, I liked the way you introduced Hawkmon and Wormmon and used this chapter to set up the situation for the next stage of the story.

I was also a little confused about Ken - Am I right in thinking that somehow he came back to the digital world to meet the digimon a second time even though he died?
Tune4Toons chapter 8 . 8/21/2012
I don't know why, but I find all the digiwords amusing. XD That change is pretty drastic, a corruption, wow. Your descriptions here are great, showing that major difference in power and authorial aura with the [tiny teenager] and the [curved talons]. And then the hate for Mimi with that play on words was powerful. It's sad, yet the drama and action made it all the more exciting. Despite the darkness of a corrupted, Saberdramon seems so aware of everything she's doing that it's a bit of a frightening thought to think about as well, having a friend turn into that. Can't wait to see the rest! Cheers!

Verran chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
I like how you've chosen to explore the subject of death and bereavement from both chosen children and digimon perspectives, how both sides of the partnerships are still learning that it is a reality they must come to terms with. In particular, how the digimon as a species react to humans for a while, before accepting that all humans die eventually.

For a reader not familiar with the digimon universe you've outlined the idea well; I feel that I can move on to the next chapter without feeling too lost. The only part that I didn't understand was the digivice - had it been described (and I mean size and shape, not necessarily what it does) it might have helped a little.

The end of the chapter, where Palmon is lying in her own world, waiting, conveyed her grief very well. This whole introduction has generated enough curiosity for me to want to read on.
The Bitter Kitten chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
So, yes, totally unfamiliar with world of digimon.

I really, really like that you're tackling what a Mayfly/ December relationship would look like here. Aging is almost never discussed in the "overpowered kids run around unsupervised" genre.

I loved the jealousy / guilt in Mimi recognizing Palmon and not her son.

This is also really sad, and I think that's a credit to you as a writer to be able to bring that sort of depth.

Cheers!
Empress Nightshade chapter 2 . 8/6/2012
Grammar:

“Miyako, weakened by the loss of the woman she had admired as a role model for years, and the idea that soon she would be leaving her children and grandchildren as well as Hawkmon, became ill.” (This sentence run-on to long. You need to break it up.)

-Edit: Miyako became ill. Her weakened state was inevitable. She loss the woman she had admired as a role model for years. And to add to the pain, she would be leaving her children, grandchildren, and Hawkmon.

“Her illness progressed rapidly, developed into pneumonia, and despite all the doctors tried to do for her, she died.” (Sentence feels too long.)

-Edit: Her illness progressed rapidly, developing into pneumonia. Despite all the doctors tried to do for her, she died.

“Though he could not interact with them from there, or perform such helpful tasks as babysitting—a task only veteran child-rearing digimon like himself were given, to the envy of the younger partner digimon—he could still talk with them and share his knowledge with them, and to know they were well seemed to be enough for him.” (This sentence is too long.)

-Edit: He couldn’t interact with them from there. He couldn’t even baby-sit—a task only veteran child-rearing digimon like himself were given. But to the envy of the younger partner digimon, he could still talk and share his knowledge with them. That seemed to satisfy him.

“Wormmon, who was as seasoned as Hawkmon, but too diminutive to be of much help with young children—particularly young girls, who often found him cute but repellant because of what he was—went back into the digital world immediately following Ken's death.” (Sentence is too long.)

-Edit: Wormmon was as seasoned as Hawkmon, but was too diminutive to be of much help with young children, especially young girls. They often found him cute, but repellant because of what he was. He returned to the digital world immediately following Ken’s death.

-You’re overall story and plot for this chapter is fine. But you have too many run-on sentences. You don’t have to fill all of the information in one sentence. You can break it up. I gave you some examples from the ones I found. There are more, but I’ll leave those for you to edit.
Rainhealsme chapter 2 . 8/2/2012
Not bad. I really enjoyed this chapter, but most of all, I like your choice of wording for it. In word, I would describe this as poetic with a sense of tragedy. I guess my only complaint would be the fact that you didn't flashback to the deaths of Ken and Miyako, but instead just told us through dialogue. But it was fine, and like I said before, I enjoyed it.

I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter. :) - xXKiraUzumakiXx
Tune4Toons chapter 7 . 7/27/2012
Wow, an inner battle of balance… "Dirtily"? It's kind of funny in an interesting that that's the word she chooses. So given what you told me, it's certainly derived from canon. Ah! The tiger lilies again! So a garden can grow to be too big? You know, I love the focus this story has on the gardens and their meanings. Uh oh… If I'm remembering right, mentioning it outright wasn't a good sign… But wow, so she's finally going to be working her due, then. Oh man, what's gonna happen? I can definitely see myself in Wormmon and Tailmon's positions, unknowing of the events to come. Can't wait to see the rest. :D Cheers!

Tune4Toons chapter 6 . 7/26/2012
I love the set-up you have here. Starting us off with a relaxed autumn tone, but the words choices you had like [gripping tightly], [splattering], Piyomon unsure of why she was standing, [fall apart]. And then leading up to the actual event and her berserk actions. A lot of tension and suspense for that, great work. Man, after the build-up of joy too from the other chapters, only to have this, wow… Who could blame her. And the ending with the butterfly? A touch of nice mystery. Cheers!

Tune4Toons chapter 5 . 7/25/2012
It's nice to see that this continues directly off of the last chapter. Tailmon reminds me of one of those strict ones that follow the "That is that" type of mindset, so it makes lots of sense to see her get upset about the digivice burial. You know, this was a nice switch from the mourning. Rather than death, we have a celebration of the living, where we see that bit of worry from Tailmon. And it's great to see that Hikari has a lot of energy for her age. Can't wait to see the next one! Cheers!