Reviews for No Contest
Guest chapter 1 . 10/16/2016
This whole fic is really beautiful. I think you write Shepard and Garus both very well. There is a real simplicity to your writing that I really like, it evokes a real sense of longing without being too over the top or dramatic.
soul-of-insanity16 chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Even though Shepard and Garrus are the ultimate badasses even they have their insecurities. That's shown beautifully here. It couldn't have been written better.
Lackia chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
This has only 11 reviews? Dang. This is a great fic, and deserves a lot more!
Emmalyn chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
This was sweet and perfectly in-tune with how I imagined things happening "behind the scenes." I love all your fanfics, truly! c:
ellenikki chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Nice story, very realistic with the emotions. And of course, who would choose Kaiden when you can have Garrus? No one. Keep up the delightful Shakarian fics!
N.Q. Wilder chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This is the second story of yours that I have read and I have to admit that I'm impressed. I like this one just as much as the other. It contains the same sort of subtlety that makes your stories stand out from others that I've read. I like your approach of using the active voice, but keeping a huge distance from the main subject of the story: Shepard. When I think about it, I know almost nothing about your Shepard. Which seems strange at first, but I kind of like it because it makes her this larger than life figure who is enigmatic but also compelling. I can see how this woman would be the sort of cult of personality that could inspire followers.

I also thought that you did a great job fleshing out Garrus in this. It's interesting to see him using human mannerisms and phrases, but with a turian twist. His wondering if goose chase is actually chicken chase reminded me of Lorik Qu'in. Also his introspective moment on the observation deck was great. I like how you anchor everything around the simple action of scratching the glass. You also have a bunch of great one liners. This is my favorite: "(No, not suddenly. Always.)" It captures what I think most people love about Garrus, that he's always been there for Shepard. I have never romanced Garrus, but I have been sorely tempted by this same sentiment. He has a spotless record of always being there for Shepard - something no one else can really boast except Joker (though he got her killed).

The only thing I would suggest expanding on in this story would be making it a bit clearer the exact nature of Shepard and Garrus' relationship. While I love the subtlety, it did get a little too vague in some places. Were they together during ME2? I can find evidence to support both interpretations. This becomes a problem especially for the last line. "They pass the night together." I could take this to mean a lot of different things. I could take this to mean they slept together, which seems a weak way to end. But just hanging out together also seems too weak for the strength of the rest of this story. I wanted a bit more closure, and to get that I would also need to know more about their relationship.

Overall, I am impressed with how much content you can pack into a short piece. There's a lot going on, but it moves fast which is nice for an impatient person like me. Every sentence moves the story forward. A great read.

~N.Q. Wilder
I Used To Be A Dragon chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Very well written! It does seem like the universe does everything in its power to distract Shepard from Garrus. :)
A Random Fan chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I've been being insanely careful not to accedently cheat on my turian; this Fic pretty much details my worst ME3 nightmare xD Dispite scaring the bejesus out of me, I really enjoyed reading this. Your grammer is impressive, and the style you write in is very clear and easy to read. And, thank Keelah, you know how to give what you write a sense of closure, which is a skill Bioware seems to have lost. Great FanFic, and keep writing!
amslilacbtinternet.com chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
A beautiful story. Thank you for making my evening.
servantofclio chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Sweet and lovely! Shepard really seems like galactic catnip, can't blame an LI for being insecure.
dragonlover131313 chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I very much enjoyed this, :) felt kind of bad for Liara though :/
rebelbridgeburner10 chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
You've put in receptive why Garrus would have back off and ask if Shepard is ready to be a one turian woman. Allers, Trayner and Kaidan do get thrown at a female player. And then there's James who is so over the top about it and never goes anywhere. Not that I wanted to but I support that LI for those who want it. If you think about straight femshep really doesn't have variety. Okay. Funny cute story. I liked it.
Sophie Masse chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Subtle and sweet. I really enjoyed this. Well written.
Rokubi chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I loved it! It was so well written and sweet! Great job with Garrus too.