Reviews for The Tensile Strength of Memory
ThePurpleDragoness chapter 4 . 9/18/2012
Uh-oh, I see a stepfather and a house fire on the horizon!
codename.penguin chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Yay! you're back.

That's a really interesting mutation i must say. As usual your words are thought provoking...

"Appearances were sometimes the most effective camouflage and Charles had learned that even the most astute of men would let the reflection of their own prejudices blind them to the reality that was before them"

and snigger..."Charles had spent discussing the finer points of his thesis, including a rather breathless discourse on the reproductive advantages of certain mutations. It had taken Erik three hours to realize he was flirting". (your charles is too cute!)
codename.penguin chapter 3 . 5/13/2012
mmmm….something mysterious stirs.

This was thought provoking: “He had taken the upheaval of his childhood and his fears of being different and transformed them into an intellectual ideal, his to mold and control and now it was slipping from his grasp and fast becoming a concrete now knew there were many more mutants and he alone had the ways and means to seek them out and let them know they were not alone. If he was to retain any control it was a responsibility he could not shy away from.”

In addition, I always thought they could have done more with the cerebro scene. Nicely done.

Love these descriptions that cause me to actually see into your story: “Charles could see the faint eddies of emotion swirling in the air around them all, like the shimmering of hot air rising from the hard surface of a highway. It was almost hypnotic, his eyes tracking across the room”

Also another unique way of looking at things: “Erik knew what that was like, to push oneself to the very limits, to get so caught up in the rush of power, the primal thrill of being able to do what would impossible for anyone else.”

And finally “Kissing Erik, wanting to kiss Erik was becoming a habit. A bad habit?” Nope. Not a bad habit at all!
codename.penguin chapter 2 . 5/13/2012
Squeak….i didn’t see that you posted new chapters. My bad and I have been so looking forward to it! I have fixed my alert status so I should be getting the emails now.

My favourite bits:

I could see this so clearly in my head:

“That twisting thread of excitement and anxiety that he had reluctantly acknowledged since the existence of Erik Lehnsherr had punched into his consciousness had spread throughout his being, thin and tenuous, like fishing line wrapping itself around his mind, a tangle of impossible knots tightening around parts of himself best left untouched.”

Beautiful description. It flows like music:

“They were too sharp, too vivid, their edges honed like a steel razor by anger and single minded determination.”

Hehehehe…sinister Erik!:

Erik bared his teeth in a fixed grin. "Not me. You must have me confused with some other freak."

Whew…that was some kiss. I may need a cold shower, lol!
Erda chapter 3 . 4/26/2012
Hi! I'm new here, but since I like your story, I decided that a proper "thank you" will please every author and thus add a bit to inspiration department.

This stuff is interesting and I will be craving for more!

Hugs:-)
dance monkey dance chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
update soon! I really like it! :D
codename.penguin chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
excellent beginning. I look forward to more. I can see you put a lot of thought it. Thanks.