Reviews for Marry In Haste Version 2
Guest chapter 24 . 6/30/2012
I really am enjoying this story - your characterizations of Elizabeth and Darcy are so perfect. Keep the updates coming!
Bonbonnett chapter 24 . 6/30/2012
My goodness,he HAS committed himself, hasn't he? Please find a nice deep hole and drop the Earl down it!
YepItsMe chapter 24 . 6/30/2012
Aww I love Mrs Reynolds and her bond with Darcy. :)
Lucy65 chapter 23 . 6/23/2012
Just got caught up and am enjoying the chapters so much. Wickham's death is always very welcome and having the earl resurface is scary. I loved Darcy's rejection of Elizabeth's advances and how he reassured her. So nice!
justlovefanfiction2901 chapter 23 . 6/23/2012
Nice Chapter!
ppl chapter 23 . 6/23/2012
Yay! To Pemberly!

I do hope they get a proper divorce, I wouldn't want to read about married Elizabeth being with Darcy. It'd be too much for my principles and I do like your story, so I'd be sad to stop reading before it ends...
YepItsMe chapter 23 . 6/23/2012
I'm glad LSW didn't get far enough in to see Lizzy or embarrass anyone but himself. I'm glad they're headed to Pemberley to hopefully get on with the business of falling in love ;) I hope they won't be walking on eggshells the entire time until the earl dies; I don't know if I can handle that.
Bonbonnett chapter 23 . 6/23/2012
The more I see of SW, the less opinion I have of his intellect. He should have known that they wouldn't let him into a private family function. Definitely, it's time for Pemberley! Why, for Heaven's sake, didn't you just let him die of blood-poisoning after the duel? It would have been both appropriate and possible.
Mariondu95 chapter 23 . 6/23/2012
Thank you for this chapter, we can see that Darcy and Elizabeth's relationship is improving and I can't wait to see it being improved way more... ;)

Maybe in Pemberley... Anyway please post soon! :)
Aki no Ryu chapter 22 . 6/18/2012
What a surprising turn of events! Why is the Early just giving up Elizabeth? Is it because he's honor bound to hand over his wife to the victor? Is it because he thinks she's starting to become more trouble than she's worth? But at the end of the day, I'm just glad Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are free both of the Earl (at the moment, at least) and Wickham (is he dead?).

I'm glad things are more clear between the two. I'm so happy Mr. Darcy's still the true gentleman and did not take Elizabeth despite her offering herself freely.
Aki no Ryu chapter 20 . 6/18/2012
Uh oh, Wickham's in the picture. Trouble looms.

At the moment, the primary emotion for Elizabeth is fear. Fear, as she expressed, that the duel would not end well and her husband will drag her back with him. Of course I agree- if I were in the Countess' shoes, I would be deathly afraid myself. That aside, I would like to see more of Elizabeth’s internal conflict and struggle regarding her situation. Though she is safe with the Darcys and they have allayed her fears that she is causing any trouble and they have expressed how very welcome she is, I think she should at least have an internal battle as to the morality of her situation. Not necessarily if it was right for her to be there, but at least for her to feel as if she shouldn't be. I think those warring emotions of what is “right” (for her at the moment) over what is “right” (what has been ingrained into her) would help to flesh out her character some more. She may feel grateful that she is safe but at the same time realize the impropriety of her situation and maybe even a rueful "who would have thought that the spirited Ms. Elizabeth Benneth would come to this?" type of thing. Also, I would like to hear her thoughts as to remorse or regret over marrying the Earl (maybe bordering on self-loathing over her lapse in judgment? And why did she marry him anyway? I would like to see the Earl through Elizabeth’s eyes when he first started courting her. She admits that she was not that attracted to him but she married him so there must have been something about him which endeared him to her and made her mistake her feelings as that of love.). I know you’ve already touched on everything I just mentioned, but I feel they were more matter-of-fact than actual deeper emotions/feelings; more brainstorming than actual piece by piece reflection. I think for this reason (of Elizabeth not having enough internal conflict) I find this version of the Countess harder to sympathise with than Elizabeth from the previous version. I don’t know, that’s just what I think. I’m sorry if I’m not making any sense. I do hope I’m not discouraging you. If I am, please say so and I will write more positive reviews. I just want to help your muse along and if I’m affecting her negatively, then please let me know.
maggie2mw chapter 22 . 6/18/2012
Fascinating take, I wonder how much further are you taking with this story? Seems you are in middle of a edit, there are repeat lines more frequent in the later chapters. I am very interested to see how are you going to resolve this, giving the Earl a death by fall again?
cbjfan61 chapter 22 . 6/17/2012
Another great chapter. Liking the slow development of Darcy and Elizabeth which is the way it needs to be.
hrhdana chapter 22 . 6/17/2012
Ooh, great chap. Bye bye wickie! Dont spose the earl could fall off the perch before the divorce and leave elizabeth everything?
patinou93 chapter 22 . 6/17/2012
That's a very good chapter ! I can't wait to read the next, and to see Elizabeth in Pemberley...
288 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »