Reviews for Marry In Haste Version 2
Aki no Ryu chapter 11 . 5/9/2012
Thank you for answering my questions so thoroughly, Daniella. I really appreciate it.

Wow, the story's getting more intense by the chapter. The Earl's chillingly cruel. Reading about him gives me the creeps. I wonder why Mr. Darcy didn't consider something such as spiriting Elizabeth away somewhere where she basically disappears from society without clear ties to his involvement? That way, the "scandal" would never be confirmed and would not permanently taint any of their names, the Bennetts included. I do like how open he was about it to Georgiana and how she supports him. I still think he should call out the Earl first. Like you said in your reply to my query, the punishments for dueling greatly varried and I assume that if he were caught, with his status and connections, Mr. Darcy would most likely get away with nothing worse than a slap on the wrist from the authorities. I just think that's the first option the very proper Mr. Darcy would act on over the plan he told his sister about. It's more "honorable" too per their society's standards.
Bonbonnett chapter 12 . 5/9/2012
Lucius is such a nasty person - it will serve him right when retribution strikes him!
Bonbonnett chapter 11 . 5/9/2012
Ah, the vagaries of the unconscious mind - dreaming of D - those are dangerous waters, Milady!
cbjfan61 chapter 12 . 5/9/2012
I feel soooo bad for Elizabeth! Holding out can't wait for the next chapter to bring some hope for her. :)
QueenOfTheDiamondDogs chapter 10 . 5/6/2012
I absolutely love this story! I hung on your every word! Can't wait for more.
Lucy65 chapter 10 . 5/6/2012
Very powerful story and chapter! Elizabeth is right. There is no way to escape because of the laws at the time. Tragic!
cbjfan61 chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
YAY for Dracy knowing what is going on and now he can rescue her!
Bonbonnett chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
So now he knows more about her situation, and the hopelessness she feels in terms of being able to change it.
Bonbonnett chapter 9 . 5/5/2012
Nice bit that, about girls being overprotected, so that they have no defenses against the evils of the World.
YepItsMe chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
Can't wait to see how they get out of this predicament.

The bit about Collins approaching unaquainted people made for some comic relief. Poor Maria, indeed. At least Charlotte was closer to his age.
biancaruth chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
It is horrible that such things should happen.
justlovefanfiction2901 chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
GOOO DARCY!

And damn the consequences! Oh yeah!
YepItsMe chapter 9 . 5/5/2012
I just love Georgiana. I also like that Bingley would talk to her about such a thing as Darcy's personal life, without thinking she's too young.
Aki no Ryu chapter 10 . 5/5/2012
Yes, thank you, I always enjoy updates from you. I know that despite the darkness the characters are passing through, you'll give them a good ending when it ends. )

I read that last part with bated breath. Mr. Darcy's in it for better or worse now! I am relieved and scared at the same time. I like Georgiana's observation in the previous chapter, that her brother would not want someone who was already happily attached. I'm rather surprised that Charles would reveal to Georgiana that Darcy is attracted to a married woman. Though in a way it shows the close bond that the two share. Could you please give a brief rundown (if you haven't planned it already) of the "guidelines" by which someone from that period would call someone out? I know gentlemen would do it to defend someone's honor but could they also do it if that someone they're defending is the other man's wife?

Of all your fanfics that I've read, I think this is the fastest that Darcy's fallen in love with Elizabeth yet. Two meetings. :) Does he pity her or is really in love with her by now?

Is Jocelyn and boy's name?
Aki no Ryu chapter 8 . 5/4/2012
How completely abominable! And to think that Mrs. Gardiner’s right- they cannot do anything about it. ( They need someone as rich if not richer and as well connected as the Earl to be Elizabeth's champion...
298 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 .. Last Next »