Reviews for Marry In Haste Version 2
Motherof8 chapter 26 . 11/5/2015
The earl is devious and delusional.
Motherof8 chapter 22 . 11/4/2015
That was a relief, who thought her husband would save Darcy.
Motherof8 chapter 21 . 11/4/2015
Poor lizzie
Motherof8 chapter 2 . 11/4/2015
Good story
Liketoreadnotwrite chapter 32 . 8/6/2015
I just found this story and read it in 2 evenings. What a marvelous love story. I loved the historical background. Loved your Darcy and Elizabeth. Well done!
CG4me chapter 32 . 6/5/2015
Just finished reading your version of P&P and just had to say how much I loved it. So much thought and research went into it. It was fascinating and instructive to learn the rules of duelling, I always thought it was to the death, not first blood. I felt so much for Lizzy and for the patience Darcy showed in bringing her round to true love and pleasure. This story was excellent, thank you for your hard work. I shall now read your other P&P stories.
JoPoGirlsKickAss chapter 32 . 4/30/2015
Bravo!
DDFairchild chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
I must confess that I read this entire story in two sittings and neglected to write a review for each chapter. But in my defense, I hope you know that my neglect is only a compliment to you and your compelling story. I loved this entire story. At first, I shied away from your warning that the nature of the story would be dark. My poor heart clenched on behalf of Elizabeth. I could not imagine her being so badly treated. Although disturbing, you handled the horrible scenes as carefully as anyone could. It was not over the top or gratuitous. Elizabeth's abuse by the Earl was one of the most horrific things. I cannot imagine what it was like for her. Being an innocent girl who believed in love and the better treatment of ladies by gentlemen, to be treated by her husband in that way. So awful. I also had some trepidation on the whole Darcy/Elizabeth affair. I wondered if they would have a torrid affair before she was able to leave the Earl. But thank God you kept to their better nature (although I have a sneaking suspicion that Darcy would have indulged in an affair long before Elizabeth was free of the Earl) and kept their love for each non-sexual until it was appropriate. I of course wouldn't have mind it. But Elizabeth and Darcy are people who would adhere to normal protocols of their day. I felt for Mr. Bennett close to the end. How dreadful it must have been to him to learn how much his daughter had suffered? His favorite no less. Also, the wedding night. I loved it. So tasteful. Especially as Darcy engaged in sexual things I thought a gentleman would not do. But our Darcy does. I have only one complaint and it is this: I would have liked you to put our minds to rest and address the children issue. Elizabeth was married for two years, had sex regularly, albeit against her will, with her husband, and did not become pregnant. I suppose we were assume that the issue was with the Earl. However, it also could have been Elizabeth's inability to conceive too. So that issue could have been put to rest if we had a one year later chapter after Darcy and Elizabeth's marriage featuring their children. I normally do not care, but in Pride & Prejudice, the need for heirs - male especially - is a large part of the story. Can a regency woman have their true happy ending without a male heir to pass along their titles and estates to? Just a thought. Anyway, Brava. Good job and thank you for writing such a riveting story.
298 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »