Reviews for Anathema
DeadAndLovely chapter 46 . 9/26
I have to say... This was a rather difficult read. I enjoyed it but couldn't help but feel like your poor Christine was quite the victim. Not only was Erik IMMENSELY abusive but... Raoul as well. In the end, she was the one apologizing for everything that had gone wrong and no one bothered to tell her that it wasn't her fault. Even Nadir pinned quite a bit on her as far as blame goes.
Cobbler chapter 46 . 8/3
Woah solid reading for two days finishing this. You ars an unbelievable story amazing metamorphosis brava
the girl with the red scarf chapter 46 . 7/3
This story is pure perfection. I read it twice, in two days. Thank you for sharing This amazing story with us.
iris2312 chapter 46 . 6/30
This was absolutely great! I loved it! Your writing is really good and the way you were able to write Erik and Christine's transformations, no matter how big or small, was fantastic!
LaLadyCavalier chapter 46 . 6/25
Read it straight through. Best written story for canonical Leroux I've ever loved. Top two, at least. ;)
asprankle1 chapter 46 . 6/11
This story is just unbelievably fantastic!
Bergamotte chapter 46 . 5/28
Broken Vow, after I received your new story alert, I then came back to Anathema and re-read it. It really is beautiful, especially as I took longer to read it through the second time. So much to appreciate in this story! Please keep on writing.
alice chapter 21 . 4/13
Gustave dying just hurts :/
But I'm enjoying the Sweddish bits - I can even understand it, it's like funny German (from my perspective). But I can't deal with the word "Moder" since it means "mo(u)ld" in German and I'm confused for a moment every time I read it:D
Can't wait to get to know Erik better!
alice chapter 12 . 4/13
One thing I love about your fic is how you've portrait Raoul. Often his and Christine's relationship is either just perfect or horrible. In your story I both see why Christine wants to be with him and why it might not work out
alice chapter 6 . 4/13
Wow - I've been reluctant to read modern takes on the story so far and actually when I first decided reading this I didn't expect this to be one. But now I'm just enthralled by your story! Love the characters and plot!
LDaastrich chapter 46 . 3/23
Great story, great background, great developmente, great everything. Can't wait to read your next one
CalmReader chapter 46 . 12/12/2015
This story is beautiful. I liked your picture of Erik. Although you didn't give any description of his appearance, I liked that. I could imagine anything. It's great that you left the room for fantasy.
The plot was great too. Very intriguing. I loved how relationships of E&C progressed.
Although I didn't like Christine, sorry... She was agreeable in the last few chapters, but on the whole I didn't feel like I'm with her. She was too weak. I really wanted her to be more strong character. She accepted everything that happened to her, obeyed to everyone, never argued to anyone...
But your writing and especially Erik's image are really beautiful! So thank you very much :)
Earial13 chapter 46 . 10/11/2015
Oh. Wow. I know this story was finished years ago, but still... Wow. I am very picky when it comes to phan fics and other stories in general, but I say without reservation that this is my favorite PotO story I have ever read (and I've read quite a few) and my favorite longer fic of any genre. I mean it. I appreciate how tastefully you portrayed everything, even when talking about nitty gritty stuff like sex trafficking or rape. Also, I loved how you kept Raoul in character! One of my biggest problems with the fandom is people blowing him out of proportion and making him the criminal or a drunk or an abuser, etc etc. And the fact Christine was truly terrified of Erik at first; she had growing to do too, and I enjoyed every step of her journey. I honestly wasn't sure if the story was going to end 'happily' or not (the title had me convinced it would not) so I was therefore beyond pleased at the final ending. Thank you so much for putting the time and talent into creating this beautiful work. I know this will be one I'll come back to read again and again. Thank you again and sorry for the ridiculous length of this review; I just had to share how much I loved this!
wondergirl257 chapter 46 . 8/16/2015
Oh wow this was wow for some reason I thought this story would end badly but I'm really happy it didn't it was nice to see Christine Grow she was so annoying and always saying stupid things in the first 20 chapters or so and then she calmed down which I'm grateful for nice read thanks for writing
wondergirl257 chapter 19 . 8/15/2015
I'm screaming! This is so BIZARRE LIKE dude what on earth did I sign up for when I started this Erik is Christine's sugar daddy I CAN'T now he's buying her dresses And an apartment and bloody lipstick for crying out loud and our doe eyed little darling just called herself a woman for the first time and bakes heart shaped cookies Oh my Lord I feel like once her dad dies or she unmasks erik whichever disaster comes first this is going to go downhill very fast