Reviews for Anathema
powerandcontrol chapter 46 . 5/22
okay. i started reading this yesterday evening, and then it's kinda blurry. i couldn't stop reading, not until it was three in the morning, and even then, i was not glad that i had to sleep. in the morning, i've been reading instead of breakfast, and when i got home from school, i've read some more, and i almost missed my train, and i've been reading on the train, and i'm home now, and i've just finished. it was one of the most absurd, amazing, lovely, exciting fanfic i've ever read, and yeah, i've just registered so i can put this to my favourites or bookmarks or whatever this site has. also - i loved how you described parts about the music. i have a terrible voice, and i can play like 2 songs on my guitar, and i never ever do it when someone's around, but i'd probably die without music. and someone finally put this into words. thank you so very, very much for this story. (and sorry for my poor english.)
I am entranced. What a charming and interesting first chapter. It immediately caught my interest. Thank you for sharing your talent!
-rozzandmaya
emeraldphan chapter 46 . 1/5
This was an amazing story and I have been addicted to it for the last few days! Poor Erik had a horrendous childhood, so it was no wonder that he turned out the way he did. But by the end of the story he did show a few glimmers of humanity and Christine's right, his progress will be very slow and gradual but at least he has someone who will stand by him always.
I loved the way you portrayed Christine's relationships with both Raoul and Erik; very different relationships of course, but there were some similarities too. Her mixed feelings for Erik were very realistic - she will always be a little bothered by his past activities but her love for him outweighs any fear or doubt she may have.
And it was wonderful how they both visited Gustave's grave at the end - very appropriate, seeing as his disappearance brought them together.

A really well written story, and I am glad you are continuing it!
MFGhoulscout chapter 1 . 1/3
I just started reading this story and I really like it so far!
Im swedish and I loooove that u use words like "knäckebröd" in it. Can't wait to read it all!

(Sorry if my english is not great, but I just wanted to .. I dunno. Write something!)
emeraldphan chapter 32 . 1/2
This is just brilliant. Their relationship is so tense and uncertain and delicate, and you have written it in such a moving, engrossing way. Although Christine knows about Erik's "job" she is also aware of his feelings for her and how he has tried to make her happy, in his own weird way. I am really enjoying this.
emeraldphan chapter 21 . 12/31/2014
What I love about this story is how you convey Christine's loneliness, despair and sadness, as she tries unsuccessfully to cope in a frightening adult world. She's not a happy go lucky middle class girl with everything going for her; she really has a lot to cope with and she's still a child on the inside. The paragraph where she's looking out the window at all the people was brilliantly written, and something than anyone in a big city can relate to.
emeraldphan chapter 19 . 12/30/2014
At last their relationship is starting to thaw! Some interesting developments here, with Erik providing an outfit for the audition. I kind of wish we had some of his perspective as well, just to let us know what's he's thinking during these lessons and perhaps afterwards too.
emeraldphan chapter 16 . 12/30/2014
I can't understand how Erik expects Christine to sing when she's upset but he has also made very perceptive comments about her and her father. He tells the harsh truth, without worrying about tact and diplomacy, which is sometimes needed where Christine is concerned but a bit hurtful given all that's going on in her life. Hopefully the improvement in her voice will calm him down a bit.
emeraldphan chapter 11 . 12/29/2014
I am really enjoying this story but seriously, Erik needs to work on his communication skills! It's no wonder Christine is barely able to sing, knowing what she does about him. And yet he always demands perfection nonetheless. You've captured that darkness and lack of emotion really well, not to mention that constant need to be in charge.
emeraldphan chapter 4 . 12/20/2014
I've been looking at this story again and I just wanted to let you know how well you've written it. I love the way you create this dark myth about the mysterious Phantom and build up the reader's expectations before we ever meet him. Christine is so lost and so desperate that she is willing to enter a world that frightens her, just to find him. It's all very exciting!
monarch27 chapter 46 . 12/20/2014
Rereading this before diving into Redemption. And crying. Ack. I love this Erik.
inkheartedg1rl chapter 40 . 12/12/2014
Ohhh no, nonononono this is so upsetting (I actually gasped when Erik appeared holy crap)
inkheartedg1rl chapter 19 . 12/11/2014
Ohhhhhh my god, I'm so in love w/ this fic. You are fantastic at writing dialogue, and the scenes between Raoul and Christine are extremely believable (they remind me if conversations I've had to participate in). And the dress and "my dear" ! I love how frightening you make Erik!
inkheartedg1rl chapter 8 . 12/11/2014
This is incredible, I'm completely enthralled by your story. I stil am really enjoying Christine's characterization, she seems more defined than in other fics I've read, mostly because she has that childishness in her. She's not an idiot though, she's appealing and relatable.
inkheartedg1rl chapter 4 . 12/10/2014
This is really interesting so far, I love Christine's characterization!