Reviews for At The Beginning
How does Loki know about DNA? Aesir use magic not science.
Maddison1803 chapter 35 . 9/18
Bloody hell! You nearly killed me reading this story it's brilliant and fantastically written. I wish this is how it happened. Loki is a far better king. The relationship between Jane and Loki is twice was fascinating as Thor and I just love Loki's protective nature over Jane and the fact she doesn't let him intimidate her. She really holders her own with him and that's just another reason I love this pairing so thank you so much for bringing this to life. It's just fantastic and hilarious.
Sunflowergirl22 chapter 9 . 8/29
How unrealistic. Do you really think it takes a matter of minutes to get from NEW MEXICO to THE HIMALAYAS? Your writing style is good, but I'm very disappointed with that oversight.
Shay chapter 34 . 5/5
I just love this story so very, very much. :)
musicalgirl4474 chapter 34 . 4/12

You are a very strong author with amazing plot development skills. I wish had a fraction of them. The characters felt real, on top of it all. Very amazing.
musicalgirl4474 chapter 23 . 4/12
oh. CRAP. Bad. :'(
DiscoloredLady chapter 35 . 2/10
:) I think I'll leave a slightly long review, considering that this will be the only review I'll leave for this lovely story.
The plot is interesting, to say the least, to have Loki not push through with his plans in disrupting Thor's coronation and having him as basically Thor's right-hand man. It did well to settle Loki's jealousy and thirst for equality with Thor, as did the more civil relationships he had with the other Aesir than in canon, to be needed at his side to rule as king and adviser.
Now, Jane and Loki. Woof. You just CAN'T let them cool off for one second, huh? XD The Morgana bit unsettled me for a while, since I don't really like crossovers, but this was less of a crossover enough to make me comfortable enough with it. Where was Merlin, though? :3 Shouldn't he have been in the thick of things as well, especially if it concerned Morgana?
Oops. I drifted from Jane and Loki. Anyway, they were marvellous and magnificent and just plain fantastic. Jane's magic just made their connection all the more deeper, and it was lovely to just read about how Loki cared for Jane. They made each other vulnerable in a way that made them even stronger, and to have Jane rule by Loki's side, it was simply right. Your characterisation with Jane and Loki were brilliant, by the way. Jane would definitely want to help Earth first, putting her responsibilities before her heart.
Darcy and Fandral. :)) I wasn't expecting it, but it was surprisingly brilliant. It was heart-warming and lovely to read.
Thor and Sif's tragic story was the best here, I think. Especially that Sif was left without a husband, and childless. It showed here that not everything comes to a good ending, not everything ends with a cliche happiness with everyone being gay and jolly. But though everything might haven't gone all well, there was always hope. :) Thor and Sif made my heart break, but I loved it, nonetheless.
Sorry to have bored you with a long review, and you might not even care for it anymore. :(( But even so, I loved your story. :)
Hekka chapter 33 . 12/17/2014
Eh? As far as my knowledge goes about succession and the rules of the coronation, Jane should not undergo the same procedure as Loki himself. And not at the same time with him.
Hekka chapter 32 . 12/17/2014
Strange derogatory speech from the goddess of war on her own people (all brought up in the warrior culture). Or you mean that all the conflicts that Asgardians had deal with, never have been brought to their home quite in such a way as what happened at Midgard?
Hekka chapter 24 . 12/16/2014
But Loki's aesir appearance can not be just some illusion/glamour spellwork of Odin. Someone so experienced in seidr as Loki, somehow would find it (especially in the period when he was mastering this kind of skill - accidents happen even to the best of us).
Given that Loki clever and observant enough, and more than capable in seidr (and think outside bounds), I am confident that he not just looked like Asgardians, he WAS one (and that why not even Loki himself had no idea of the truth). Because he's supposed innate shapeshifter.
And as I understand, shapeshifting mean not disguise spell, but a complete and full change of the body, that does not require special resources (spellwork or ect) to support the change (though of course the shapeshifting itself should mean certain amount of stress and strain on the body).
And if Loki's aesir appearance was Odin doin, why would he did not make Loki look more as his with Frigga son? Besides, during all these years the spell definitely was to fall into disrepair in moment of caster's weakness (regular periods of odinsleep).
So it just should be Loki's own innate abilities. And most likely that Odin just provoked his very first shift. And then a new climate, a new location and ambience contributed of his unconscious adhere to more suitable form (after all, it does not disguise spell, but a complete change of the body). Add subsequent Loki's fear frost giants and it becomes clear why Loki's roots not given themself before fiasco with the coronation (in the movie).
Hekka chapter 19 . 12/16/2014
All great, and I like the story, but I cannot cope with the thought that Jane's pace of progress in the development (and learning) of magic are too MarySue-ish.
Hekka chapter 4 . 12/16/2014
Well, if that's how Loki's "silver tongue" works, when he tries to enlist the cooperation of someone else, then I do not see how he earned this title.
Beside, looking at two-three previous chapters, it's seems that he is "riled up" all this time, Jane or no Jane.
Hekka chapter 2 . 12/16/2014
The one who is considered to be the most powerful seidrmadr in all nine realms, fused by healing a mere mortal... Oh...
Guest chapter 35 . 5/23/2014
Oh my gracious! You put such an interesting spin on the story! Some smut, and the right amount of plot, and Jane having magic! You did a great job!
mfaerie32 chapter 34 . 4/17/2014
I must tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed your story. The plot was so intricate and well had the character personalities down pat. I gave wiggle room on Loki's personality as this was a 'what it' scenario in the respect that he never went through with ruining Thor's coronation. You didn't make him too mushy/romantic, he was just the right combo of loving/ruthless-Loki. ) This will definitely be put on my favorites list & I can honestly say that I will most likely be rereading it in a couple of months. Lol. Thank you for an enjoyable story that was well written and not rushed. )