Reviews for A Marauder's Plan
Thank you for putting the time into writing this story.. hope you find away to deal eith the chronic issues!
bloodysandbaby chapter 73 . 7/29
This has got to be one of my all time favorite Harry Potter fanfics! I can't wait to read the next chapter but please take your time updating!
Rae Trail chapter 1 . 7/28
I haven't reviewed this story before, I think, but since I've learned to use my profile now I'll know I have when I visit it!

I love your story. I think a competent Sirius isn't seen enough in fanfic, and I really believe yours. Well done! I've read the whole thing probably three times and have to congratulate you on a really great grasp of your characters. I sincerely hope you continue writing, and will look for you on the internet.

Cheers, Rae
loritrelaweny chapter 73 . 7/26
I would like to see more of this story. You've done a great job so far
old-crow chapter 73 . 7/23
Hi,

That was quite the epic battle that you described so well. The fun thing with Vamps and Weres is that you can create almost an endless supply of them as needed.

That said, I hope that the words for the last handful or so of chapters come easily to you.

All the best,

Old-Crow
Ceriarcher chapter 73 . 7/20
This story is epic hope you manage to update soon.
Meilodi chapter 73 . 7/19
Take your time, don't worry about it, I can always reread it after rediscovering it. Great story, can't wait to read more.
Grace chapter 73 . 7/18
I will never be able to describe how much I love this story. How intricate the lives and details are, the politics, the characterization. So many story lines all brought together and played out so perfectly. Ahhh! Reading even a little bit of this makes me so incredibly happy it just can't be healthy. To say I'm looking forward to the next chapter would be a monumental understatement.
Avalonemyst chapter 27 . 7/16
Loved this wizengmot scene too!
Avalonemyst chapter 20 . 7/16
Loved this chapter!
Meilodi chapter 61 . 7/16
NOOOOOOOOOOO!
This story is GREAT! I can't wait to read the next chapter. Keep up the good work, and please hurry, the suspense is killing me!
Love-of-all-Anime chapter 73 . 7/14
awww i love this story can't wait for the next update
Alwendil chapter 62 . 7/13
I might have overreacted with my last review. This whole affair serves to show how essential Sirius is for Harry's well-being. It's just that the contrived situation and the angst set off bad writing alarms, and there was certainly a less melodramatic way to convey the same necessary points of character growth.

You could, I don't know, have had Harry freak at Sirius being in critical condition and threatened by Wormtail. Followed by an intense argument about Sirius being sent abroad for healing. From there, show him during this following week struggling to function without Sirius, show him distressed and preoccupied with Sirius, perhaps have a mind healer session and show him struggling with a faltering hold on both his magic and his temper, perhaps alienating some allies.

But you went with melodrama and angst. So while I'm less upset and I understand the reasoning, you still could have done better.
Alwendil chapter 61 . 7/13
This chapter, like all the rest of your writing, was mostly superb. It was great in every way but one.

The plot was absolute garbage. This is, as another reviewer said, mediocre 90s sitcom miscommunication, wherein every character holds the idiot ball, makes nonsensical decisions, and speaks in very carefully constructed ambiguous wording and syntax (conveniently overheard at a critical moment, by a person acting uncharacteristically obtuse and rash) so as to maximize miscommunication while minimizing verisimilitude.

You've actually used one of the more incredibly egregious and cliche examples I've ever encountered: "Sirius is gone." That makes absolutely no sense. One, Remus wouldn't be worried about telling Harry that Sirius "has gone to The Valley"or "left for the Valley" or "been taken to the Valley" or "is in the care of Blackhawk" or any of a hundred other actually plausible things for Remus to say, because he already ordered Dumbledore to do it. No, he'd be worried about "How am I going to convince Harry to stay at Hogwarts?" rather than "How am I going to tell Harry?" This critical moment of communicative idiocy is nonsensical, contradicting the previous set-up for the angsty misunderstanding in order to follow through on said misunderstanding in the least deft way possible. I'm appalled.

This is before even getting into why this whole sequence of events is a complete reversion of every character to before the story's start, or why this whole "tragedy of errors" is an incredibly hackneyed and aggravating narrative device that artificially raises tension at the expense of character. There's no justification for this, and now all the actually interesting parts of your story - the tasks, the politics, the characters, the magic - are all on hold for at least another (very long) chapter.

I'm so furious I've started skimming, and likely will to continue to do so until you've resolved this poorly considered padding.
7,272 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »