Reviews for A Marauder's Plan
Darboria chapter 87 . 1/19
It took me some time to read your story (it's quite a long story ;) ) but I did it!
And it's a fantastic story! I loved what you built with the Black Family, the family magics, the Death's Champion, the politics on the Wizengamot... A complex and well-built world for a great story! :)
I loved it!
Books85 chapter 47 . 1/19
This last scene is so telling. Perfect. This is my second reading, and have no idea which chapters I might have reviewed. My apologies for my tardiness.

Thank you for writing this. In so many stories (and canon) Sirius' life was wasted. It is refreshing to have a tale where it was well-used. It's also pleasing to have these three men acting like adults.
mamacasper06 chapter 87 . 1/19
I loved the story and I hope to read more from you in the future
Dethryl chapter 1 . 1/18
A friend just finished reading this and recommended it. Based on the quality of this first chapter, I have high hopes. I look forward to reading more.
emkorvo13 chapter 87 . 1/18
I greatly enjoyed this. I am glad to have given a 2nd chance since the start didnt really appeal to me. I also like how the homosexual relationships arent in my face, where every single character is suddenly gay. Although, I can never see Harry with Hermione (Personally I'm more with Luna), I did like the way you did the relationship development. But what I liked the best was the political game (I love those in these FF) and the representation of characters! Thanks you for this piece of great work! ( long review, I know but I loved it)
Gojin1990 chapter 10 . 1/17
man you sure know how to make a story drag you in huh? every damn time you think albus ain't such a bad guy something else comes out thats worse then the last :C he KNEW about the damn piece of voldes soul and decided to USE it rather then get RID of it. bastard :C
era-romance chapter 87 . 1/16
a very long but interesting story. I enjoyed it thoroughly. if I had any complaint it's that I want to know more about the avalon bit. good story though. thanks
Wow. Just wow. Thank you for the time, energy, and love that you put into crafting this amazing novel. I hope someday to read your original works as well.
Drakonian Rogue chapter 87 . 1/15
Ughhh. That was an emotion rollercoaster, I'm exhausted by how invested I got in this story. Great story Cats, I look forward to seeing any new work you do. This story was brilliant, and if you ever consider doing a sequel, I'd definitely read it!

Drakonian Rogue
Books85 chapter 34 . 1/14
I love the way that Harry was able to find his forms. I also have a feeling that the author was trying to move the story along a bit; everything simply fell together a bit too easily to be believable. But then again, sometimes things do simply fall together right. But that is the exception, not the rule.

A fairly minor criticism. Thank you for working on this story, flaws and all.
lescavanagh chapter 1 . 1/14
Oh no I see that you have only written one story. This one was so good I hope you write some more. I'll keep a watch on you waiting :)
lescavanagh chapter 87 . 1/14
Woo Hoo! I finally finish the story and it only took me two weeks, no thanks to work and the need to sleep. I really enjoyed this story even the few times it made me tear up and want to throttle a few characters. Thank you for not making it a big sex fest and having everyone pair up. I like those kind of stories but sometimes these non sexual stories are good to read.
Now I'm going to check out your other stories. :)
ticklinglaser chapter 1 . 1/13
LordPentragon chapter 87 . 1/13
Finishing this story I would like to say that overall your writing was exceptional.
You have offered many wonderful new concepts and procedures to the magical world of J.K Rowling that are worth both mentioning and incorporating (family magic, the structure and importance of noble houses, mind healing, the politics machinations of the magical world, political and sexual correctness in ways that have not been presented even in the books and others).

As far as the plot is concerned, you certainly answered with your story a great "what if": "What if Sirius decided to take action?".
You have provided us with great insights for some characters : For example Barty Crouch (my favourite from your story), Theo Nott, Blaise, Bill, Augusta, Amelia became fully fledged players with their own personalities instead of being support characters.

On the other hand, I believe that characters such as Dumbledore and Voldemort (and maybe Snape to some extent) were presented in a biased, shallow and unfair way. Furthermore, things were by script formulated in such a way that Harry was a one way winner. It became quite predictable very early in the story.
As far as the characters are concerned:

What Dumbledore orchestrated in the HP cannon was actually broken up in 4 different characters (Let's face it. With his counterpart Bertie and with Sirius's leadershio you didn't really need him in your fanfic), and he ended up being a prying old man of whom we were constantly bombarded with the thought that "he made this mistake, he condemned Harry, he is responsible for this and that" in an annoying rate. At least, he died with dignity.

Voldemort on the other hand was obsessed and totally incompetent. No stroke of genius (you would expect something like that from the "darkest wizard of all time"), no backup plan. Everything depended on Barty's actual competence. To me he was the real threat. Voldemort was only someone that you also had to include, like Dumbledore.

In general, I believe that most of your narration focused on what characters thought and not at what they did or at their interactions - they were mostly living in their head.
Also, even though it was very touching, I could do with less hugs and love statements..

Best,