Reviews for A Marauder's Plan
dawg3388 chapter 8 . 5/30/2012
looking forward to more.
badgerlady chapter 8 . 5/30/2012
Very satisfying chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing how Dumbledore reacts.
monbade chapter 8 . 5/30/2012
great chapter, Sirius cleared, dumbles plans in ruins. Harry dropping divination (hopefully he looks at Arithamy and Runes and likes both.) The ? is, will Sirius send Harry back to Hoggy or look overseas for a new school or home school.

Mon
Wonderbee31 chapter 8 . 5/30/2012
Very nice section, and am enjoying the way we see things going in the Ministry, something not shown at all in canon for the most part, and to see Fudge as the political animal, rather than the rather useless idiot he appeared to be a lot more often than not, as well as at last we see Harry get free from his own personal heck.
fashionista-princess chapter 7 . 5/28/2012
I really don't like dumbed ore in this story but I love remus and serius. Please update soon!
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
This story was recced by a member of a yahoo group I belong to. You write very well and I would love to continue to read what you offer. I know you said in your introduction that Dumbles was manipulative but well-meaning. I hope the DD negativity doesn't get much worse because I can't read DD bashing.

I've read some of your reviews where the readers loathe DD (one even said he was worse than Voldemort!) and i know there is an army of DD-haters out there, but my thoughts are very different. I don't want to go into things here, as it will take forever, but as I said, I hope to be able to keep reading.

It is also a testament to your writing so far that I am going forward because Harry/Hermione is anathema to me. But as the kids are still only 13 (well, Hermione is 14)any romance will probably be a long way off. The longer the better for me, but we'll see.

Lesley
Kitty279 chapter 7 . 5/27/2012
Good idea of Moody to talk to Dumbledore about this - it makes the visit less suspicious, in that he's right.

Petunia really left an impression when she left Harry alone with the strangers - not only because they are Aurors, but because they are strangers! Which proper parent would do that? If that was Dudley, I am sure Vernon and Petunia would both be attending to make sure no one even looks wrong at their little Duddykins. Oh well, it was probably better no Dursley was near, as Harry could talk freely without them, and I can't imagine Vernon and Petunia would have allowed a scan of the house, not without a big fuss (which would have told its own tale, of course, but still ...)

Moody brought up a good point - the Minister believed the one person who had been unconscious all the time. I always wondered if Snape even mentioned that to Fudge. At least it gives them an excuse not to ask him, so Dumbledore won't be tipped off too soon.

Nice touch of having Alastor, of all people, talk about James. I like your version of him - still paranoid and all, but understanding what Harry needs. These stories were much better than the photo of the original Order in OotP.

Well ... in one thing Arabella was right, I think in the long run Dudley has it worse than Harry, because his parents taught him that the world has to bow to his every whim, and he'll have a very rude awakening when he has to take up a job where Mummy and Daddy can't give in to him all the time any more and he has to learn that the word NO exists for him, too. But beyond that ... this conversation was tellling. I always wondered about Arabella, how she could babysit and never do anything to help Harry - was she just too stupid to even notice the abuse, did she tell Dumbledore and was ignored or even obliviated, or did she not care enough? It seemed she was more planted to spy than to care for Harry, and your story confirms that. That she even forwarded photos for the press is just sad - now I am wondering about her mental state.

Not sure how they could get the verbal abuse when they checked the house - or Harry - but I am glad they know about all that's going on now and that they want to help.

Interesting way of thinking to make the same action acceptable or unacceptable. Yeah, I can see Albus twist the facts so that it looks acceptable for his Greater Good, and telling himself and the world it was the right thing to do and Harry won't suffer that much. Self-delusion, deliberate or not.

Ha, like the letter Sirius got from Brian Cutter. Perfect! Things are looking up, and I can't wait to see how that goes out, particularly when Dumbledore finally realises that he's losing control of his pawn. Another great update - thany you for sharing!
Spring Raine chapter 7 . 5/26/2012
I can see why Sirius would be shocked about it going so fast. I hope there's away for Sirius not to have to reveal himself as the new Lord Black just yet. I think the cover it gives him with people thinking someone else is "Lord Black" will come in useful in the future.

I hope there's someway to get Figg arrested. Especially for the unauthorized pictures she took of Harry growing up. Those pictures could have led some Death Eaters or other bad people into knowing what Harry looked like so they could capture him.
sherryola chapter 7 . 5/26/2012
yay! I love how you had the characters take such logical steps to discover the truth. Things that could easily have been done in canon. Sirius' situation caused me to lose a lot of faith in Dumbledore, to the point that he went from being a favorite to a not so favorite by the end of the saga. i didn't hate him as much as I did snape, but I didn't respect him, and oddly, I partially respect Snape at the end.

I love that you had Sirius find a legitimate non-pride breaking way to help remus, a job that also does help sirius and harry.

And i can't wait for the next chapter and for Harry to find out.

Sherry
sherryola chapter 4 . 5/26/2012
i'm really enjoying this story so much. I think this is what sirius could have been in time, and he's my favorite adult character. I've never ever read a Harry/Hermione story, because that pairing doesn't work for me, as they feel too much like siblings for me. However, i hope I'm so engrossed int he story by the time any of that happens, that I can get past that.

Ah, Hagrid. actually, I think hagrid was the best person to give Harry his reintro to the wizarding world. Sure, he wasn't right in everything he said, but he was fun and loyal, and gave Hedwig to Harry too. i can't imagine anyone else on Hogwarts staff who could have done so well and made Harry feel at ease while doing it.

Go Lord black! i love stories in which Sirius claims his rights and becomes all strong and lordly, taking no prisoners as they say.
Harry Albus Potter Dumbledore chapter 7 . 5/26/2012
I love Albus, but there are times like placing Harry with the muggles where I want to hit him. I understand that he had some good reasons, but still. However, it wasn't only his job to see the signs of abuse once Harry came to Hogwarts. It was also the teachers' jobs at well. Update soon, please.
Lollypops101 chapter 7 . 5/26/2012
yay! happy ending! how long will this story continue for? wiil it cover the rest of harry's hogwarts years? update soon!
Lupinesence chapter 7 . 5/26/2012
Great chapter, loved the visit to the Dursleys. And Mrs Figg...I was expecting her to be a bit more outraged on Harry's behalf but I realy like this different view of how she's just so accepting of Dumbledore that she has surrendered her own judgement and responsibility in this situation.
Zana20 chapter 7 . 5/26/2012
Great chapter!

I rally enjoy Moody in it. usually authors write him as paranoic crazy person or some one who devoted to Dambledor. But your Moody is well in character.

Thank you so much.
V. L. Crawford chapter 7 . 5/26/2012
Wow! I can't say it enough this story is fantastic. I am on pins and needles to read more. I really hope you keep it going past Sirius getting custody. I can't wait also to read Dumbledore's reaction when he finds out that Sirius gets custody of Harry. I hope you let us read about their lives togeher. Please update super fast.
11,984 | « Prev Page 1 .. 784 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 .. Last Next »