Reviews for Like a Bad Penny
willa76 chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
It was good to laugh, and that put a smile on my face. Great story:)
brankel1 chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Love it.I love that they were all afraid to tell Buck about Tompkins baught the store.
signefalls chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
hee hee! I love the scene of them drawing cards over who has to tell Buck... and Buck's reaction is so him. Poor guy! Great job :)
NothatRose chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
It is so adorable how you made each rider pushes the responsible to tell Buck towards the other. The riders know their friend better, which is really good thing to know. I mean, it shows they care and understand Buck's feelings. And they are trying to protect him. You did great with your lines to highlight their fears. And funny too!

The cute part was that, didn't they realize that as an adult in the room, Rachel should have volunteered to tell Buck about Tompkins since she was the one who met the storeowner?

I love how panic Jimmy was when he realized that the got the 'job'. Turning to Ike, (practically begging) to take over his friend's ride got me giggling. I can visualize Jimmy's body language from pleading, being scared and bracing for Buck's reaction to the news and it was totally hilarious. Especially when you used the line: "Tompkins!" Jimmy bracing for impact." Lastly, his smug expression in the end was so Hickok.

Poor Buck for already having such a bad day and only to have it top off with such news. It is not like Buck would shoot a messenger. But one can never be too sure considering the kind of day he had.

Thank you for making me laugh bright and early this Sunday morning. I hope you write more of this funny kind of ff.
rororogers chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Loved this! The riders all drawing cards to see who told Buck was just so funny. As always another wonderful story!
BrilliantDarkness chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I love this story. Buck's reaction-so internalized is just classic Buck and all the riders fearing that he would go crazy was so them as well. Very well done!-J