Reviews for Loving Lester
Vulcan Rider chapter 20 . 2/12
Great chapter. So glad that Les had Tank get all the legal papers in order. Also, Steph will be on his insurance as wife, unless Ranger already had her listed as an employee, but I doubt that. It would be curious to find out, though.

I know Tank can keep a secret, but I wonder how long before the 'Burg ends up with the wrong person saying something to someone who knows Steph and her friends and family?
Great writing.
Vulcan Rider chapter 19 . 2/12
Great chapter. Ohh, I know exactly how much it hurts going home from the hospital with broken bones. A shattered tibia plateau with a halo on it for 4 months and 5 surgeries on it was a b*tch, especially trying to get home in the back seat with an immobilized let up on the seat after my only motorcycle wreck in over 25 years of riding (at that time in 2002) Still have the bike, but arthritis and joint replacements in my hands and nerve blocks in my back make riding a no-go. (sad face) I just know what it's like having the pale green, sweaty face trying to make it home. Poor Lester. At least he has Stephanie devoted to making him feel better. It will be interesting when gossip starts flying at Rangeman and then in the 'Burg.
Vulcan Rider chapter 18 . 2/12
From last chapter, since I'd already reviewed:
That was very scary, but now the other Merry Men are figuring things out. Wonder how long before Helen Plum makes an appearance at the hospital. Would love to see Stephanie have her removed physically.
Amazing, the connection she and Lester have, and I can see him talking to her about private things and that she's finally realized just how much she loves him and how terrified she was of losing him. It was a real wake-up call for her. I'm glad that the guys that know are being supportive of them, even though they wonder about Ranger, and it's amusing to find out how shocked they are to learn that she and Ranger are and have only been very, very good friends, but that Ranger has made it very clear to her that THAT was ALL it would ever be, and that she should move on, which she HAS done! So, when he comes back, he will be in for one heck of a surprise.
Excellent chapter. Wonderful writing.
Maggie M.
PS: I remember reading this the first time, and wondering how in the heck you could write so prolifically while teaching and working on your doctorate thesis. You astound me, and even though you haven't told us yet in this story, I'm still so proud of you for finally defending your thesis and become DOCTOR Angela. What an amazing accomplishment, while doing so much else AND living real life along with having a personal life. YOU'RE the real super-heroine!

Ch 18
So glad that Steph got him to be honest about his "dream" and then she asked if it was of her telling him she loved him. So glad that they both realize how much they love each other and are finally ready for their future. I can't wait until she moves in with him. :-) That'll really set the 'Burg on fire, but they can't do anything about it but try to harass her and she can just cut them all off, especially her own mother.
Vulcan Rider chapter 13 . 2/12
Jeez, what kind of mother will take the side of an abusive ex-boyfriend who cheated on her daughter, over the side of her own daughter? She had to know that the cops would need actual evidence to arrest one of their own detectives! Then again, she has her head so far up the 'Burg's a$$ that she doesn't get much air to her brain, and actual logic wouldn't apply. I can't WAIT until she finds out that Stephanie has been married all this time, when she finally finds out.
Maggie M.
PS: Gotta love Mary Lou. I hope she gets the truth out there FAST!
Vulcan Rider chapter 12 . 2/12
I'm so glad they finally got Morelli's actions on video and had him arrested. Just because he's a cop, doesn't mean he's immune to the law. Too bad they couldn't just tell the cops that he broke into a married couple's home. LOL Man, when everyone finally finds out, hell is going to break loose.
Vulcan Rider chapter 11 . 2/12
Uh oh. Sounds like Morelli is following in his family curse footsteps. He doesn't know the meaning of NO and I'm betting that Steph is going to wind up having to use her harassment log. I'm surprised that she hasn't already.
Vulcan Rider chapter 9 . 2/12
I adore how honest Steph and Les are with each other. They share a wonderful sense of humor and huge hearts that truly try to never hurt someone they care about. I can see how they would work so well together.

I can't believe that Joe is still trying his same old crap with her. I guess he figures she'll never really move on from him. Won't he be surprised.
Vulcan Rider chapter 8 . 2/12
Loved the description of his house. Really brought back memories of years ago. :-) I was born in 1957 so I know the '80's style VERY well. I've put up and torn down my fair share of "faux wood paneling" in my years. :-)

Love how well they get along with everyday things and it will be interesting to watch the remodeling of the house along with the growth of their marriage.
Vulcan Rider chapter 7 . 2/12
I love how open and honest Les was with Steph. It sounds like he's been in love with her for a very, very long time. It will be interesting when Ranger gets back, though. I hope Les has convinced her before then. :-)
Vulcan Rider chapter 6 . 2/12
I loved this. Love that it was a Rat Pack impersonator that went to talk to them. Wonder if he was the minister? It's been a long time since I read this, so I'll try to not spoil it for others reading up to this chapter. :-)
Vulcan Rider chapter 5 . 2/12
I loved that Les joined the Army before Ranger and he was his jumpmaster. :-) So awesome that Les took her skydiving. Awesome. It was an experience of my life when I went.
Vulcan Rider chapter 2 . 2/12
You've made me fall in love with Lester all over again with this chapter. I loved how caring and wonderful he was while taking care of her. What a great man this guy is, and I can't wait for Steph to realize just HOW important he will be to her very soon. He's taken over Ranger's place as her biggest supporter and best friend, but without the arrogance and pressure; poaching and Ranger's idea of taking what he wants, yet ignoring the emotional cost to the woman he supposedly cares about the most.

Lester is showing Steph how a man with the same background as Ranger CAN have a relationship, CAN care about someone else and be able to talk to her and share his history and the stories of what made him the man he is today, the stories of growing up and giving her all the things that Ranger so stoutly refuses to open up about. For someone who supposedly "trusts" her more than just about anyone else, Ranger doesn't show that with his personal life, just when it comes to needing her help on his cases and with retrieving Julie. Yes, he risked his life for her, but still kept his distance personally, which feels so selfish especially since he knows everything possible about Steph and tracks her like his personal belonging.

I'm loving seeing this side of Lester and Stephanie learning that a man can have the same past as Ranger, yet live and share with someone he cares about as much as he cares for Steph and trusts.
Great writing.
Vulcan Rider chapter 1 . 2/12
Steph must have been so devastated when she realized that her "dream" was reality, and that Ranger had actually told her that she was getting "too attached" and also that "they didn't have a relationship." I wonder if he was being sent on a suicide mission and was trying to get her to move on? But then, the call to Tank, telling him to keep the guys away from Steph for awhile was a huge sign of jealousy and arrogance, simply because he didn't want the idea of someone "worthy" stealing her away while he was gone; especially after the things he told her. He HAD to have known how much he was going to hurt her, no matter HOW he broke things to her.

His "no relationship" line along with her "getting too attached" was just more of the same thing, and it sounds to me, like they were said for RANGER to remind himself that he couldn't have her. Whatever the reason, it was cruel and unfeeling in the end, to a person that he'd always supported and sent mixed signals to for years. Sounds like he just might regret the part about keeping the guys away from her later, knowing that she was going to need as much positive support as she could get in the coming months.

I was so glad that Lester ignored his words, and went to get the whole story from Steph. Her realization that it wasn't a dream was so painful that I could FEEL the pain wafting from her in waves. I love how Lester took it upon himself to help her through this time and keep her smiling and laughing, being her best friend and biggest supporter. I just noticed that when I read this story before, that there were some chapters that I didn't get to review before, so since this story is absolutely deserving of every review possible, I hope to push it over a thousand. :-)

EXCELLENT writing. I've been rereading your body of work and really hope you go back and finish "Distracting Ranger" and "Taking the Reins" so we can see how they end. I AM glad to see you writing once again, even if you just write one-shots as you have time. Thanks again for sharing your great talent with us. It still astounds me how you had time to write during all your craziness in real life: your doctorate work, the heart problem, and everything else in life. I definitely can empathize with you on that, and with everything that's happened in MY own life this past year, between emotional devastation with one of my sons, helping with my other son's family through pre-eclampsia almost losing his wife and the very premature birth of his son but finally spending as much of the following year with their family, my new relationship with my husband of about 38 years, and now his major surgery, it has pushed my little story way to the back of my list of priorities until I can finally get some quality writing done on it. I know how it is to worry that the readers will feel a story will be abandoned, so please know that we appreciate the great work you have shared with us, and await more of the stories that are yet to be completed.

Best of luck to you and I'm really enjoying reading all of your work when I should be getting caught up on all my other current stories I'm reading and my own story that I need to reassure the readers will be finished AND will be a Babe HEA. :-) I understand and will be waiting.

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying reading this one from the beginning, knowing how it ends up, but going through all the emotions again. Great work!
Stephannie1014 chapter 44 . 1/6
Loved your story!
Guest chapter 44 . 8/3/2014
A well written and thoroughly enjoyable story!
1,000 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »