Reviews for Lonely Day
TheAwesomeOne chapter 2 . 4/18/2014
I just felt like total crap about halfway through this chapter.
When reading the part about the dream and Unohanna's explanation about Kyoraku's extended arm, I kept thinking about the 21st ending theme "Sakurabito" by SunSet Swish. Espesially these lyrics :
Umare kawatta sakuri no shitta matta aimashou / If we are reborn someday,we'll meet beneath the cherry tree
Kitto sono toki ni wa waratte eien wo chikau/ And when we do I swear we'll smile and laugh forever.
*Ai shi ai sarete kono nochi wa MEMORY desaite/ I'll protect my memories of how I loved and was loved*
Irosenai manaza shi mune ni maichiru negai/ My gaze won't falter, and I'll wish everyday from the bottom of my heart
Aa Anatai, aa anatai, aa anatai/ For us, for us, for us
Tada atai/ To just be able to meet again.
The line with the star kind of makes sense in the way that Jushiro loved Kyoraku, and that he and the Soul Society loved Juu. All in all "Sakurabito" and Lonely Day are beautiful in their own special way. _
SoulMore chapter 2 . 1/4/2014
Ok, I am crying right now
FAN!
Akatsuki Fatale chapter 3 . 5/14/2013
I-I don't know where to start. First, props to Shunsui for holding back his tears. 'Cuz I sure as hell couldn't. I swear I almost died of dehydration. And let me point this out, the amount of fanfictions (out of the -literally- thousands that I have read) that have made me cry before, can be counted on one hand. (and I am proud that I lasted tearless until the second chapter. That got me though.) My whole face is sticky and it was hard to breathe while reading.. Also, there were points in this where I was shaking my head predicting (correctly, yay!..well..not yay..) what would happen. When Jushiro said he was tired, and then again when he was cold I was just like Awwwww no. I ain't reading anymore! But I couldn't help it..and when they mentioned the yukata I knew something was gonna happen with it, especially when they mentioned he had to pick out his burial clothes. Usually I dislike being able to tell what will happen, but I think it suited the foreboding but dramatic tone in this story. I am also VERY THANKFUL that you chose not to make Nanao a rebound. I was kind of expecting him to cling to her too much and give off a 'now that I'm alone I like Nanao' thing, but you didn't, so thank you! This is just beautiful, a simple plot but with emotional wording. Well done, really. And sorry for the book of a review lol, I just love it too much.
Seylind.Boltgrave chapter 3 . 2/10/2013
I've always loved this song, and I've always thought that it was sad and all, but now every time I listen to that song I think of this, and its so ANGSTY.

But everyone needs some angst every once in a while right? Well, out of all the stories I've read where Ukitake dies, this has to be the best one yet. I really like how well the story goes along with the song.
JuuxShun fan chapter 3 . 12/18/2012
Very beautiful story. Almost cried sob sob :(
O.oLizAo.O chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
*Cries* Noooooo... *Sob* Juuuuuushi... Ro...*Sob* Nooooooo...
oakleaf chapter 3 . 10/10/2012
Great story. I really like your idea and it's written beautifully. I think it would be better if it were not written in the present tense, as there are a few slips into the past tense. I feel as if present works best with action stories.
Either way, I loved your story. Awesome work, well done.
LillyGirl310 chapter 3 . 10/1/2012
This story is brillent, the bit when Ukitake died kind of made me cry but the bit afterwards with Shunsui was a bit funny but still it was very sad at the same time and the fact that Shunsui died just a sort while after his friend was sad but I am glad that they got to meet up again in the after life.
I love the end chapter I can not believe that Ukitake did that to Shunsui but he did kind of deserve it after ripping Ukitake's yukata but still it was funny how they ended up having a water fight then making love and the fact they got found out was funny too at least they know now not to go there again but something tells me they will never learn.I will try and read the sequel and add a review to it too.
Till Next Time
S. Rune chapter 2 . 8/1/2012
*Sniff* That was terriblely sad but beautiful. What annoys me, though is how everyone speaks of their friendship and not their love.
Chelty-Chan chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Aww ,( i actually cried when ju died, poor shu! i love the way this was written, i could feel the way you wanted to capture the characters feelings and convey them to the reader..this is an amazing piece of work you outdid yourself! you rock! ok am babbling sorry! bye! 3
ArrancarRayflo chapter 4 . 6/23/2012
I Totally Support This!

But I Don't Really Get How We Sign Up
Nari chapter 3 . 6/23/2012
Lovely story - it did make me cry and I almost did not finish it but I am glad I did. Nice work!
RmeGamr chapter 3 . 6/19/2012
So depressing! i cant believe that both of them died. but it was a wonderful idea to brighten up the mood again with this story. you could also say that this was how they spent their eternity in the afterlife, reliving the most precious day in either of their long memories.
RmeGamr chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
this is so depressing and i have only read the first chapter. it is so beautifully written and yet so sad that it is actually making me cry. a horribly wonderful story. such a scary amount of talent you hold for writing.
GlitterAndMetal chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
This story was amazing. The first two chapters had me crying which is very rare for me and the third chapter was such a happy glimpse into the past.