Reviews for Neo Redemption
Jimbobob5536 chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
...Interesting. Naru remembering events from before temporal resets. Very interesting.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Hiryo chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Please update soon that awesome story. I soo look forward how this sotry will continue where Redemtion left off as well how you change this story.
wellivazey chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Good start, and I'm glad to hear that there won't be a harem in this one. Looking forward to more.
Luan Mao chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Interesting start. Could turn out quite good, or it could crash and burn spectacularly if the many threads get too much for you. But no pressure!

Found this fic via the C2 "Top of the Pile", FYI.

LM
ArinaSugarBaby chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Not to bad but I dislike what you did to Shampoo. Shampoo may have been pinged as the uneducated type but she was never pegged as being the idiotic Valley girl that you make her out to be. And it is no improvement making her that way. I am no major Shampoo fan but if your going to change a char from the original it should be for the better not to be worse then what the cannon then what you did to Shampoo this was a nice story please update soon.
Orchamus chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Rather amusing, though I'm unsure of the general direction. Great start though.
King Tarol chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Well, good to see you're back in the grind, even though I don't agree with your decision. I'm not actively against it or anything, and I'll definitely keep reading-your sense of humor is fantastic-but I don't understand some of the changes.

That is to say, a harem end is fine too. Why fix what wasn't broken? Also, if you had such a hard time getting back into your plot, then wouldn't you just need to re-read your previous chapters? You can edit each chapter at your leisure on this site, I think. If you really wanted to, you didn't even have to make a second story; just replace the chapters in the old one with your redo, and provide the explanation there.

Well, like I said, I don't mind too much. It's mostly just that I prefer to either tweak the ideas I have over time-but then again, I haven't actually posted what I've written yet, so I can get away with that-or complete them.

But this is a review, which is more than just a place where I can disagree with a stylistic choice or two. So I'm going to review now.

Your sense of humor is just as risque as it's always been, but also just as funny as it's always been. Don't ever change that. It's a good way of getting a reader's attention. Off the record: I think it's the best thing about your stories.

Also, I have to say that your new introduction goes better with your overall writing style. It has -100% angsting, and 500% madcap shenanigans, by my totally unofficial and arbitrary estimates. Guess which one I think is better? :P

Quick questions and comment, before I continue: is Ranma's "Obaba-chan" Cologne? If so, does that mean that the "Terran Arts" are the fighting style of the Amazons? Also, Ranma's explanation of the five schools of Terran Arts made me think of Naruto's five elements. I'm not sure if one had to do with the other, though.

If you have a beta-reader, (s)he deserves a raise. Redemption Ch. 1 is well-written, but has a few, barely perceptible, mechanical kinks. Neo Redemption Ch. 1 doesn't even have that. It feels more like the later chapters of Redemption, when you started to get a handle on your style and have more fun with your story.

So, all I can say is that I think it would be the best thing ever if you had too much fun with the remake, harem end or not. I'll be reading.
FluffyNevyn chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Not bad...a completely different take on it though. Rather than going on about the first - third and involving the OMG pantheons...you are simply focusing on the Springs triggering the memories, and starting Ranma from the very beginning. Not sure if I like this one better or not. I kindof liked the original where you had Ranma already leveled up...but then you somewhat failed with your memory triggers. A bit of half and half I guess. I look forward to seeing where this goes and how you handle the actual character interactions when you make the crossovers. Kudos and good luck D
Dumbledork chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Nice start. The nam'es Saotome, though, not Soutome.
Shannon Dee chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
An enjoyable start. The way you had Shampoo talking had me in tears from laughing.
rochchen chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Frankly I think I liked the original better. This rewrite seems to be a completely different story with a similar plot concept. It bugs me how the characters were introduced.

In the original there was a gradual introduction into how they were recovering memories of their past life. It seemed more believable (no matter how unrealistic the notion of reincarnation is). Here it seems to be moving too fast, and the way they just suddenly accept their new roles is a bit disturbing.

Though the background history is well developed, too many things are happening at a rapid pace. In my opinion it's a bit hard to keep track of what's going on. Ranma falls in the spring and regains past memories, then suddenly you jump to the amazons where someone else suddenly has dreams about past lives. After that you switch to Ukyo and the Tendo dojo where other people are having similar dreams. Frankly at the pace you were going I was expecting you to introduce Konatsu as well.

The sailor senshi also seemed out of character to me, but seeing that most of my knowledge of them is from fanon I have nothing concrete to go on.

Though I'm disappointed that you stopped the original story at what seemed to be a climax, it was also branching out into too many parts that seemed to have little relevance to the main storyline.

I have my reservations about this new one, but I'm willing to see where it goes.
Vld chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Well, this is pretty cool but i sure hope there's still the picture analysing and Pluto tell-taling from the other story... especially the "Ami with porcupine hair" (because as much as i like Ami... and she's my favorite, that was fun), i also hope Ranma teaches Ami again about her secret arts... or how to seduce vendors out of their food for free.
04farrellr chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
DisMinded chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
This is great! It reminds me slot of some of the sage of toads works or blackdragon's ranma/ Rosario cross. It has the same kind of whimsical, skating-the-edge-of-crack feel. I love the interactions of ranma with the tendos and his father. Very promising start, and different enough from it's predecessor to be fresh and interesting.

I just read through your other stories, so my comments may be colored by your writing style as a whole. Anyway, I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
lordamnesia chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Fantastic re-start to a fun story! I love the new edition, starting out at the beginning instead of the end of Ranma! Keep up the great work!
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »